• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kaiuu Adoptables

Lollicat

The speling qeen
Kaiuu is a kids' site where they can register (for free, of course) and adopt pets. Similar to DragCave.net, the goal is to, via having others to click on them to gain levels, and to collect all the adoptables. There are rare, alternate forms for some adoptables (like shiny Pokemon) and others are only accessible with a secret code.

Note: To see many parts of the site, you will need to register. :sweatdrop:

Samples of adoptables:

And if you enter the secret code below, you can get a rare promo pet that my friend made for me. Yes, the art isn't that good, but my friend is quite pushy @o@
Code:
christine

Well, I haven't looked at your site yet, but the adoptables aren't transparent, have no shading, look like they we're made in MS paint (Could that explain the lack of transparency?) and are oddly like those from Drag Cave.

I just clicked the link, I got a one second look at your site, and then my Norton security popped up, blocking your site, on the grounds that it is 'Suspicious'

Also, the layout looks oddly premade, given the appearance of your adoptables. And, most people who are on the internet won't want to advertise on your site, since it is so small. When you get bigger and more well known, maybe.

And as a side note, they won't want to stalk you down, find what school you go to, and ask you to advertise their site on yours.

Well, I haven't looked at your site yet, but the adoptables aren't transparent,
I don't think it matters anyway.

have no shading, look like they we're made in MS paint (Could that explain the lack of transparency?)
That's because they were. What's wrong with MS paint?

and are oddly like those from Drag Cave.
Because the site is much like Drag Cave. Actually, given the art of Drag Cave, I take that as a compliment.

I just clicked the link, I got a one second look at your site, and then my Norton security popped up, blocking your site, on the grounds that it is 'Suspicious'
That I will look at. However, I use a free host, so that could be a problem.

Also, the layout looks oddly premade,
I'll look into a better layout.

given the appearance of your adoptables.
So I should change my adoptable images? Yeah....no.

And, most people who are on the internet won't want to advertise on your site, since it is so small. When you get bigger and more well known, maybe.
I don't want OTHERS to advertise, on the contrary, it's supposed to be more of a small, exclusive site where the members get to know each other better than on most sites.

And as a side note, they won't want to stalk you down, find what school you go to, and ask you to advertise their site on yours.
And why did you tell me this randomly...?

I don't think it matters anyway.
Yes it does, every other adoptable you will see on the internet is transparent

That's because they were. What's wrong with MS paint?
Nothing, it's just that they don't look very professional.

Because the site is much like Drag Cave. Actually, given the art of Drag Cave, I take that as a compliment.
It's not supposed to be a compliment, as it looks like you are ripping the idea off of TJ.

That I will look at. However, I use a free host, so that could be a problem.
Good Idea

I'll look into a better layout.
Good Idea. If you could, try to make it yourself.

So I should change my adoptable images? Yeah....no.
What ever you say. If your adoptables don't look great, people won't click on them, thinking 'Hey, this looks cool, I wonder what this goes to.'

I don't want OTHERS to advertise, on the contrary, it's supposed to be more of a small, exclusive site where the members get to know each other better than on most sites.
Maybe a page clearing this up would be a good idea.

And why did you tell me this randomly...?
The image at the bottom of your site says to ask you about this at school, and since you didn't explain the above paragraph, I misunderstood.

Well. Here's the thing about capitalistic competition. You need to offer something that is in some sense better than the alternatives. It doesn't have to be better in every way; it just has to be better in some way so that people have some incentive to choose your adoptables over the alternatives.

So. In what way are your adoptables better than DragCave.net's? They are not as well drawn - sorry, but they aren't; the anatomy is rather dubious and the head shapes not overly appealing, plus the lack of shading already mentioned - and as far as I can tell you don't really have anything DragCave.net doesn't have - I don't know if they have adoptables only accessible with a secret code or special alternate versions, but that doesn't add much of an incentive to adopt the normal ones.

It's not enough to just do the same thing as a successful site. You have to do it better.

I'd like to be hired as a spriter on your website. I've lost most of my ability to scratch due to a lack of practice, but I could shade them and make them transparent.

By the way, the advertising banner overlaps the log-in box on the My Adopts page. Also, although where you live might be different, I think you should change "talk to me at school" to "e-mail me", as school is ending kind of soon where I live.

Last edited:
:O The great Butterfree herself!

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll work on all of those suggestions. As for OrangeAipom, could you please PM me for some extra details about being hired?

Back
Top Bottom