• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Last Album You Listened To?

mantle-agalloch-cd-cover-art.jpg

Artist: Agalloch
Album: The Mantle
Rating: 10/10
Comments: Let me start by saying there are only a handful of albums in existence that I would even consider giving a perfect rating, but The Mantle is unbelievably deserving of the 10/10 score. The incredible song-writing and musicianship is apparent from start to finish. Agalloch are able to create a sound that is so moving, it is plain hypnotic. I am driven to the point of tears on the high points of this album, especially on the tracks "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion" and "...And the Great Cold Death of the Earth". Whatever mood I am in, I can tune into this album, and instantly find myself flying away to a wintry forest somewhere in the American Northwest. This album mixes themes of loneliness and despair with the unparalled beauty of nature in winter. The effect is one that is extremely moving. The exact genre that this falls under is hard to pick exactly, but it is a wonderful blend of neofolk, atmospheric black metal, and progressive metal. Agalloch have gained some notoriety for using rather unusual folk instruments (such as a hollow deer skull used for percussion in "The Lodge"), and this is part of what makes their sound so unbelievably captivating. For fans of metal and non-metal alike, The Mantle is an album that is unrivaled in beauty and raw emotion.

Swan Songs by Hollywood Undead. It's unbelievably inconsistent but nonetheless entertaining. I can't get my head around a band that talks about fucking "bitches" and "sluts" in one song and then lambasts previous generations for creating and propagating gender roles, but their music is nice.

Nine-Lives3.jpg

Nine Lives (Deuce)

1st album after separating from Hollywood Undead. Featuring songs such as: Nobody Likes Me, Let's Get it Crackin', Help Me, and I Came to Party. Amazing music, and has a good element to keep teens listening again and again (if they like the beat, cussing, etc.)

14102.jpg

Artist: Neurosis
Album: Times of Grace
Rating: 8.5/10
Comments: How to describe this one? It's an epic, ambient, heavy-as-fuck journey through multiple layers of consciousness. Like riding a blind ocelot backwards through a snowstorm. ToG is tied with Through Silver in Blood for my favorite Neurosis album.

Hate Culture by William Control, one of my guilty pleasures. Can sometimes lack variety and the lyrics get really odd now and then, but overall it's one of my favourite modern synthpop albums.

Artist: Soundgarden
Album: Telephantasm
Rating: 9/10
Comments: A brilliant compilation album (and one previously-unreleased single) from one of the most underrated bands ever. Required listening for any grunge fan.

Attachments

• 220px-Soundgarden_Telephantasm_cover.jpg
    220px-Soundgarden_Telephantasm_cover.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 33
I think the last album I listened to in full was Nirvana's MTV Unplugged performance.

It showcases Cobain's artistic potential, his love for promoting music that isn't his, and also gets bonus points for having a song that I've cried to on it. ("Where Did You Sleep Last Night")

(reviving a two week old thread because)

Back
Top Bottom