• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lord Shyguy vs Black Yoshi 99

Originally Posted by Lord Shyguy
2 vs 2 single
Style: set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's and Attract.

Arena: Lake Laogai

As the name implies, it's a lake. A nice, shiny lake. The battle takes place on the shore, but any Water types can battle in the lake if needed. Off to the right is the entrance to Laogai's sercret underground chamber's for brainwashing. There is a 5% chance that a Dai Li agent will come out of this entrance and shoot stone hands at you, causing 7% damage. Ground and Rock types get a 5% bonus because of the rocky terrain around the lake.

Round Twelve

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Health: 87%
Energy: 70%
Commands: Toxic ~ Quick Attack ~ Iron Tail

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Health: 33%
Energy: 43%
Status: Feeling a bit guilty about trying to attack Pyrite, but still quite achy. Attracted (moderate)
Commands: Protect ~ Quick Attack ~ Iron Tail

Concentrating energy in his paws, Quarter held them out at arm’s length in front of him and formed a wall of shimmering, pale green energy. In all honesty, he couldn’t think of why Pyrite would want to attack him, but his trainer evidently could think of plenty of reasons. Not far from the Meowth, Pyrite was drawing toxins from her body into her mouth until she had a sizeable, viscous glob. Completely oblivious to the translucent shield in front of Quarter, she made a face and spat the sludge she had accumulated in her mouth at her opponent. It sailed through the air and collided against the barrier with a thick splat. Quarter made a disgusted noise and waited for the purple liquid to slide to the ground before letting up the Protect.

Pyrite, though pouting over the failure of her previous attack, immediately gathered herself for her next. Similarly, Quarter crouched down on all fours and waggled his rump like he was about to spring. The Meowth was marginally faster, though, and kicked off the ground a second before Pyrite did. At first it looked like the two Pokemon were going to rush by each other, since they were both aiming where the other used to be, but as they sailed through the air their shoulders knocked together with a thump and crack. Quarter and Pyrite cried out in unison and, upon landing back on the ground, worriedly inspected their shoulders. Quarter, however, had more than just his shoulder on his mind. Why did Pyrite keep attacking him like that? Why did she keep rejecting his authority? Why why why?

So frustrated was he that he didn’t even notice when Pyrite picked herself up from the ground and walked over to him. Only when the Eevee hardened the muscles in her tail and coated it with a thin film of some silvery substance did he realize that he was in danger, and by then he didn’t have the time to retaliate. He squeezed his eyes shut and braced himself, but even then he couldn’t bite back the smallest of pained squeaks. His frustration turned to rage as Pyrite stepped back, a triumphant expression on her face. ”Quit attacking me!” he yelled, before stiffening his muscles and imbuing the fine hairs with steel-type energy. Pyrite backed away, but she wasn’t fast enough to avoid the attack. She shrieked as Quarter brought his tail down on her foreleg; as if the pained cry had snapped him out of a daydream, Quarter flinched and scooted away from Pyrite, guilt written all over his face.

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Health: 74%
Energy: 56%
Status: Feeling her bruises and cuts much more than last round.

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Health: 20%
Energy: 30%
Status: Very guilty, but starting to think that Pyrite isn’t the best first girlfriend. Attracted (very mild).

Terrain notes
There is a hole dug into the shore. The tunnel it leads to has a sharp U shape, about two feet down, half a foot across, and two feet up again. Another tunnel has been made, this one sloping downwards slightly until it’s about one and a half feet below the surface and sloping upwards again.

Final notes
Black Yoshi 99 attacks first next round.
So far, Black Yoshi 99 will get an additional $2 at the end of battle.
You can’t exactly block physical attacks with other physical attacks in my perspective – I mean, the crash or impact or whatever will still do damage.
Since both Pokemon collided with each other at very high speeds, I slapped on another 2% damage to each of them.
Quarter was very frustrated on the last round and so attacked 2nd; he wouldn’t have attacked at all if Pyrite just stood there, though.
D’: I screwed up epically as a ref. After searching through Meowth’s entire learnset, I found out that it can’t learn Quick Attack. However, it’s been used this many times, so I’ll let this round and all other ones stand as they are, but next time Quick Attack is issued for Quarter, he won’t execute it.

................Okay, I really do fail as a ref. I just realized that Attract is banned, so in the next reffing, I'll factor in all the damage Quarter was supposed to do to Pyrite but didn't due to attraction.

DQ warning for Black Yoshi 99. You have roughly 24 hours to post your commands.

Don't make me DQ someone on my birthday D':

Okay, so Quick Attack into it as fast as you can, then Double Team to dodge. Finish with Chill (healing your energy).

Quick Attack~Double Team~Chill

2 vs 2 single

As the name implies, it's a lake. A nice, shiny lake. The battle takes place on the shore, but any Water types can battle in the lake if needed. Off to the right is the entrance to Laogai's sercret underground chamber's for brainwashing. There is a 5% chance that a Dai Li agent will come out of this entrance and shoot stone hands at you, causing 7% damage. Ground and Rock types get a 5% bonus because of the rocky terrain around the lake.

Round Thirteen

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Health: 71%
Energy: 56%
Status: Feeling her bruises and cuts much more than last round. -1 Accuracy
Commands: Quick Attack ~ Double Team ~ Chill

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Health: 20%
Energy: 24%
Commands: Double Team ~ Slash ~ Quick Attack

Before Quarter could even blink, Pyrite had crouched down, her rump sticking up and wiggling. He pushed off with his hind paws, intending to build up speed, but his opponent barreled into his side in a blur of cream and brown fur even as he ran. Quarter staggered from the impact and, after flailing his arms desperately for a few seconds, landed ungracefully on the floor. Shooting a glare at Pyrite, Quarter rose to his paws and built up speed once again, until he was running so fast that following his progress with the naked eye would be impossible. Eventually he slowed down. Instead of one Quarter, though, three were staring at her, challenging Pyrite with their eyes. The Eevee backed away a step, slightly unnerved. One Quarter was quite enough.

Suddenly, there were eighteen separate glints as all three Meowths unsheathed their claws. Pyrite squealed in shock and fear, but that was all she could do before her opponents were on her. The three Quarters closed in menacingly and, after dramatically cocking their arms above their heads, dealt a piercing slash to her shoulder. Only one of the Meowths was real, but that was all it took to open three vertical wounds in her flesh. Pyrite screeched and bolted away from Quarter and his clones – but she didn’t stop there. She kept sprinting until she, too, blurred into an indistinct shape. When she slowed down, she had matched Quarter clone for clone. If he was dismayed by this, though, he didn’t show it.

He certainly was distraught, though, when he went over his commands. Quick Attack? He had heard of the technique, he’d seen it being performed, but he was pretty sure it wasn’t in his learnset. He looked at his trainer sheepishly out of the corner of his eye and shuffled his feet.

Meanwhile, Pyrite saw this as a golden opportunity to lie down and rest. As Quarter franticly went over all the commands he knew in his brain, struggling to find any technique that resembled Quick Attack, the Eevee curled up in a comfortable ball and let her eyes close. Strength flowed back into her limbs, and when she stood up again after a few minutes, she snorted in amusement to find that Quarter was still standing there with his mouth slightly open.

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Health: 64%
Energy: 62%

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Health: 16%
Energy: 17%

Final notes
Lord Shyguy attacks first next round.
Black Yoshi, did you even read my final notes? >:o Meowth cannot learn Quick Attack.
I’ve factored in the Flash and Pursuit that Quarter should’ve done, and so Pyrite has 3% less health and her accuracy has been lowered.
Oh yeah, and the number of clones wasn’t specified, so I just went with the default two.

Yes, we can win!
Start off with a Swift to find out which is the real Meowth. If it uses Protect, use Wish. Use Iron Tail unless it uses protect; then use Wish. Finally, finish with Toxic.

Swift/Wish~Iron Tail/Wish~Toxic

Last edited:
(I thought I read those... D: I suck at this, dang it! Too bad for me.)

Well, just try to... Do what he thought you would! Protect! Then, use double team to try to avoid the Iron Tail (Go with 4 more clones) , and hope that'll best the Toxic, to.

Protect~Double Team (4 clones)

2 vs 2 single

Round Fourteen

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Energy: 62%
Commands: Swift/Wish ~ Iron Tail/Wish ~ Toxic

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Energy: 17%
Commands: Protect ~ Double Team (4 clones) ~ Nothing

Quarter quickly concentrated energy in his paws and held them out in front of them at arms length, letting the white aura flow from his hands and form into a thin, translucent green barrier. Even when the impenetrable shield had solidified, he kept his paws where they were, as if he feared an attack. The Protect didn’t take much energy, but he was so exhausted that the mere exertion of keeping the barrier up nearly made him fall over. Meanwhile, Pyrite had concentrated a bundle of energy in her mouth and was preparing to shoot a flurry of star shapes at her opponent – wait, what was that? She peered at Quarter and realized that the cat-like Pokemon had raised a shield. She snorted in exasperation and, letting the white sphere in her mouth fade away, tilted her head up to the heavens. Oh, great Jirachi, she pleaded. Grant me the strength and courage I need to vanquish thine enemy.

Realizing that Pyrite didn’t plan to attack after all, Quarter let down the shield with a pout. What a waste of energy! He was dead tired as it was. With an accusing glance at his trainer, he pushed off with his hind legs and gathered speed, once again running at such a speed that he became a cream blur. Pyrite could do nothing but follow her opponent with her eyes. When the Meowth slowed down, she groaned in agony when she saw that there were seven Meowth instead of three. How was she supposed to score a hit now?

Might as well try, anyway. She concentrated and stiffened the muscles in her tail, imbuing each individual hair with steel-type energy. Randomly she swung her head to one of the Meowths: her eyes rested on the fourth Quarter. With a savage roar that didn’t fit Pyrite’s imagery at all, she dashed towards her opponent and swung her tail savagely at the Quarter. It dissipated instantly upon contact. Pyrite wailed plaintively at the failure of her attack, while her opponent gave her a tired smirk.

Even though she wanted to continue wailing in frustration, she obediently sat back on her haunches and began to draw toxins into her mouth. Meanwhile, all the Quarters had collapsed into a heap on the ground, too tired to stay on his paws. At least he didn’t have anything to do. A few moments later, Pyrite had gathered a sickly viscous blob in her mouth. Pulling a face at the taste, she walked over to the fifth Quarter and spat the contents of her mouth all over the cat. Once again, the image disappeared as soon as the caustic liquid touched it, and the purple sludge dropped uselessly onto the ground.

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Energy: 39%

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Energy: 9%

Terrain notes
There is a hole dug into the shore. The tunnel it leads to has a sharp U shape, about two feet down, half a foot across, and two feet up again. Another tunnel has been made, this one sloping downwards slightly until it’s about one and a half feet below the surface and sloping upwards again. There’s a little puddle of toxins in front of Pyrite.

Final notes
Lord Shyguy attacks first next round.
Toxic and Iron Tail both hit clones.
Had to rush this, so tell me if I did anything wrong.

Stupid clones. :< Well, let's try Fake Tears. If he uses Protect, use Chill. Then, use Swift, and then use Swift again. We can't take any chances.

Fake Tears/Chill~Swift~Swift

Well, I'm going to lose, that's for sure. BUT, oh well!

Protect~Crawl into the U shaped hole as if it might actually make a difference~Nothing

2 vs 2 single

Round Fifteen

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Energy: 39%
Commands: Fake Tears/Chill ~ Swift ~ Swift

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Energy: 9%
Commands: Protect ~ Crawl into U-shaped tunnel ~ Nothing

Once again, Quarter concentrated what little energy he had left in his paws and let it form into the now-familiar green shield. The arena was lit up with a very faint pale-green glow as five separate Protects were raised. Despite it being a relatively simple attack, within a few seconds he was panting with the effort, but he remained resilient. If his trainer wanted him to work for his rest, then work for it he shall.

It seemed that the Protect would be in vain yet again, though. Pyrite glared furiously at Quarter and his clones and, registering the impenetrable barrier in front of them, gave an annoyed huff. Then she curled up on the ground and let her muscles relax. Even as energy flowed back into her body, Quarter found himself increasingly tired, until he was too fatigued to keep the shield up. Not like it mattered much, anyway. He motioned to drag himself to the mouth of the U-shaped tunnel, just as the sky suddenly darkened. Letting out an alarmed sound, he jerked his head towards the heavens. His jaw immediately dropped at what he saw.

The previously sunny sky had somehow been swallowed by night, rendering the arena much harder to navigate. In fact, if he weren’t a cat, he would’ve been blinded by the sudden shift of light. Pyrite, on the other hand, found it nearly impossible to see, but she didn’t need to; she knew that, at last, her wish had come true. One by one, stars peeked through the dark, velvety sky, far more than either battler had ever seen. Finally, a particularly bright star became visible. All eyes were drawn to the vivid point of light, and simultaneously widened in horror when they realized it was getting bigger and bigger. A faint whistling sound was heard as the star dropped down to earth, blazing a brilliant trail of gold and silver as it went. Quarter shrieked and attempted to scramble into the tunnel, but to no avail: the star touched down before he had even gone halfway. There was no epic explosion, though, no earsplitting bang or shockwave. There was only a burst of silvery slight, too bright to look at. When it faded, the atmosphere had returned to normal. Pyrite stood where the star had struck, and Quarter bit back a cry of rage when he saw that all of her wounds and bruises were healed. The Eevee gave him a smug grin, even though she was starting to get very tired. Jirachi had demanded a large portion of energy for its healing powers.

Shooting a final incredulous look at Pyrite, Quarter clawed his way into the tunnel and slipped down the steep sides, his clones trailing obediently after him, and finally came to a rest at the very bottom. Too exhausted to do anything else, he rested his back against the tunnel wall and closed his eyes. Meanwhile, Pyrite had followed him and was now peering curiously into the gaping hole. She could just see the tip of her opponent’s tail… With a shrug she concentrated energy in her mouth and shot it outwards in the shape of numerous razor-edges stars. They tore through all of Quarter’s clones with ease and proceeded to open several shallow wounds in the real Meowth’s side before crashing into a wall and dissipating. Quarter winced as the stars cut him, but otherwise didn’t react.

Pyrite was disheartened by the lack of reaction, but she shot out another flurry of stars regardless. This time, Quarter couldn’t bite back a cry as the attack barraged his already severely-battered body. Even though the Swift wasn’t the strongest of attacks, he found himself having to cling to consciousness, lest the dark fringes around his vision pull him in.

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Health: 100%
Status: Feeling much more invigorated, albeit rather tired. -1 Accuracy

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Health: 5%
Energy: 4%

Terrain notes
There is a hole dug into the shore. The tunnel it leads to has a sharp U shape, about two feet down, half a foot across, and two feet up again. Another tunnel has been made, this one sloping downwards slightly until it’s about one and a half feet below the surface and sloping upwards again. There’s a little puddle of toxins on the floor about three feet away from the U-shaped tunnel.

Final notes
Black Yoshi 99 attacks first next round.
I accidentally had Lord Shyguy attack first twice in a row, so next round Black Yoshi will also attack first (if there is a next round).

Last edited:
Quarter, Just try to barrage her with coins in hopes that this will work.

Payday~Stay in the hole like a coward~Nothing

Just keep using Swift. If you get tired (energy falls below 10%), though, use Chill.

Swift/Chill~Swift/Chill~Swift/Chill

2 vs 2 single

Round Sixteen

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Status: Feeling much more invigorated, albeit rather tired. -1 Accuracy
Commands: Swift/Chill ~ Swift/Chill ~ Swift/Chill

Black Yoshi 99 (XO)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Energy: 4%
Commands: Pay Day ~ Sit there ~ Sit there

With an exhausted sigh that was barely audible, Quarter slowly staggered to his hind paws. He felt like any sudden motions would immediately cause him to faint from fatigue. He pulled out several small, shiny coins seemingly out of the floor and peeked around the corner, locking gazes with his opponent. He wasn’t going down without a bang! A very shiny, bang worth one dollar. He hurled one pawful of coins, each one bouncing off Pyrite’s body with a pling. Then he threw the coins in his other paw while grabbing some more loose change out of the ground. He alternated between hands for a few moments until he was too tired to keep it up and collapsed in the tunnel in a dead faint.

At the mouth of the tunnel, Pyrite was shaking out several dimes out of her creamy mane. With an annoyed sound she concentrated yet another ball of energy in her mouth, preparing to shoot razor-edged stars at her opponent for one last time, but the small white bundle flickered and died out as she saw Quarter’s still form. Hesitantly she slid down into the tunnel and prodded the Meowth. He didn’t respond. Happily she yipped and clambered out of the burrow, running over to her trainer to rub the side of her head against his leg. Black Yoshi 99 shrugged, having accepted his loss two rounds ago, and after returning Quarter to his Pokemon, scurried around picking up some stray coins.

Lord Shyguy (XO)

Eevee
Pyrite (F) <Run Away>
Status: Celebrating her victory by rubbing her head vigorously against her trainer’s leg. -1 Accuracy

Black Yoshi 99 (XX)

Meowth
Quarter (M) <Technician>
Energy: 0%

Terrain notes
There is a hole dug into the shore. The tunnel it leads to has a sharp U shape, about two feet down, half a foot across, and two feet up again. Another tunnel has been made, this one sloping downwards slightly until it’s about one and a half feet below the surface and sloping upwards again. There’s a little puddle of toxins on the floor about three feet away from the U-shaped tunnel.

Final notes
Why didn’t you guys tell me I forgot to add to Pyrite’s health from the Wish last round? I edited it in, but not like it matters much anyway :P
Quarter fainted on the first action.

Good game, you two. Lord Shyguy wins the battle and gets $16 in prize money. Chaos the Treecko and Pyrite the Eevee both get two EXP each.
Black Yoshi 99 gets $6 plus $3 from Pay Day. Prius the Pachirisu gets 1 EXP, while Quarter the Meowth gets 2 EXP.
I get $5 for reffing; Grass King may collect the remaining $5, since he was the original referee.

Back
Top Bottom