• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lots of Birds... o_O

Eeveelution

Among the few morons with straight A's.
Today I went home sick, but that caused me to see something weird. (It's going on as I type!) I am watching hundreds of birds, no exaggeration, outside my house. They're all flying and landing in flocks, and it's hard to explain in words. Fly to the front yard, then backyard, then repeat, and, well, there's so many I'm starting to think there's thousands of them because a while ago they spread out as far as I could see from my windows. Any ideas what's going on?

Ruby, do you mean The Birds? I just read about it on Wikipedia a couple days ago, so that was the first thing that came to my mind. (It freaked me out...) Anyways, they're all gone now, but my dad told me about seeing a bunch of birds on roofs and trees a couple weeks ago. Perhaps the two incidents are related?

I don't know what type they were, since I'm not a bird-watcher. Interestingly enough, when they filled up my front yard, they also filled up a neighbor's front yard connected to us until their driveway, a patch of grass between our driveway and another neighbor's, and the grass between the sidewalk and road.

Also, they moved on to another group of houses before leaving.

That was happening where I live all last month; it was mostly big flocks of crows that I guess were migrating or something. All the cawing got kind of annoying. :[

On the way to a light show the day after Thanksgiving, I saw quite a few thousand birds (crows, I think) clumped onto the power lines and all over the grass at the base of the power lines at the side of the road. It was creepy.

Back
Top Bottom