• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

merpSheep's Gallery

merpSheep

I'm new to this, so please be gentle. :D
But that doesn't mean no C&C.

I currently have no program to make these transparent. Meaning, I can't download one because this computer is crap.

1olu9s.png
Pluntret = Plusle x Sentret
2prydqe.png
Gulpifly = Gulpin x Beautifly
2h87m0z.png
Aroquil = Aron x Cyndaquil
3344v0x.png
Kyogre recoloured
2vhvdbc.png
Starry Venonat

Not bad for a beginner. I'll give them individual C+C's.

Pluntret: I don't really see anything that could be improved.
Gulpifly: The wing on the right (Which would be its left) should anatomically be on the side rather than behind it. This requires a few more advanced skills, so I wouldn't worry about it too much for now.
Aroquil: The holes on it look out-of-place. They just don't blend in well and are a little distracting.
Kyogre recolor: Just a recolor, so not really C+C-worthy.
Starry Venonat: An advanced recolor like this is actually very tricky for some spriters to pull off. Work on coloring skills like this; they'll make future sprites look even better. Great job.

And the website iaza.com works great for transparency. Just click Load Image from the Main Page and upload from your computer with the Browse button. From there, click the Transparency option below the image and on the far right, at the top of the list. Just follow the instructions from there and you can post your sprites with transparency using the viewing URL obtained by clicking on the magnified image of your sprite.

Keep spriting, and don't hesitate to PM me if you need any help with spriting.

Thank you for the tips and crits. :)
I'll see if I can fix them up a bit. And I'll check out that site, too.

edit:
Aroquil22131842207-iaza.gif

Gulpifly21699627469-iaza.gif

edit again:
Since I (finally) got a reply, I felt inspired to make more!
Bellopoke7641174357-iaza.gif
Bellopoke = Bellossom x Slowpoke
Wooneary9603543702-iaza.gif
Wooneary = Wooper x Buneary
Happolu2530116248-iaza.gif
Happolu = Happiny x Riolu

Last edited:
Happolu is great. Not much to say here.

Gulpy there has some awkwardly placed wings; I imagine they'd be a lot closer upwards.

Thanks for the tip. How's it look now?
Gulpifly32291338482-iaza.gif

Did a couple more, too.
Magnugia3004680152-iaza.gif
Magnugia = Magnemite x Lugia
Nidirisu7588359130-iaza.gif
Nidirisu = Nidoran male x Pachirisu

I'm double-posting because something happened when I was trying to make the last post and now it's not bumping the topic or even saying I replied, even though the reply is there.

Nidrisu is cute, but there is base color/highlight where the shadows should be on Nidrisu's back leg.

pretty good! However the body of the magnemite would look better if it 8is colored more like the wings

Back
Top Bottom