• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mewtwo's Lair

Allies. Right. He felt torn between wanting to believe that someone could change and his distrust. "It doesn't sound much like we had the same summoner. Ours seems... youthful," Koa said hesitantly.

"By any chance had you come across the name Auriga in your travels?" Surely Mewtwo hadn't been summoned by the one Powehi mentioned, had he?

"Voice of... Darkness." Giovanni shook his head. "No. I'm confident that wasn't what summoned me, either. I know for once that I was summoned... because of an opportunity. A separate summon was already happening, and this person let us hitch a ride. It was... haphazard, and that might have been why Red's transfer didn't go as planned."

When Koa mentioned the name, however...

"Hmmm... Yes," he hummed. "That... that certainly rings a bell during that dreamlike transfer. Auriga... Hm, hm." His smile grew sinister again. At this point, the Wayfarers could be confident it was some kind of habit. "Thank you for that information. I've connected the dots. My summoner... was Auriga."

"A separate... summon."

Nova looked directly at Jade. It had to be Starr, right? She'd gotten summoned before the Wayfarers and people were suspecting Auriga was responsible back when Powehi sent them all to the Super Depressing Funtime Dreamscape.

"That name sounds a bit familiar to me, too." Nova opted to continue playing slightly dumb so others could take point. "Were we trying to get in touch with this Auriga, guys?" he wondered, knowing full well the answer was "yes, but she's MIA." Which was concerning since it seemed like she summoned Starr, made a sort of deal with Giovanni and Red, then totally vanished only for Betel to pop up and summon all the Wayfarers.

Last edited:
Jade had to admit, Silver was handling this surprisingly well. She had the suspicion that Starr would've tried to deck Giovanni by now if he'd been looking at her the way Giovanni was studying Silver.

She glanced at Nova. "Right, we'd... heard about a human hero who was summoned here about a year ago. She's been missing for a few months now, but she was probably brought here by Auriga, so... that might've been the separate summon." That was probably safe enough to tell him. Definitely leaving out the part about said human hero being his daughter in another universe.

So... probably not him, then? That was... good? It didn't really feel good. She'd've been absolutely furious if he was her best friend, stuck without half his mind, stuck without his team, stuck with Giovanni of all people, and her with no idea how she could help. But she couldn't just ignore this, right? He was still someone's Red. What if he got stuck this way? It wasn't bothering him much for now, okay, that was something, but he still deserved to be himself.

Nova was talking to the rest of them. Oh. Right. Information, or something. Leaf's tail lashed as she tried to refocus, tried to think of something useful. (Ugh. Useful to them. Focus on what'd be useful to her friends.) Their entry had been "dreamlike"... Sinopa had had mentioned something kinda like that, hadn't she, when she'd talked about meeting Auriga right before she'd merged with the HQ dungeon. No clear look at her, but just enough time to get a sense the Voice was tired and lonely. That was forever ago by now, but if Giovanni'd actually had more recent contact...

"Our summoner still keeps tabs on us," she said, tail still absently whipping the air. "Don't suppose you've heard from Auriga since you got here, right? Even just in another dream a while back? D'you remember anything about what they were like when you you did meet?"

"We aren't in any deep communications for the time being. But perhaps if I reach out to my summoner..." Giovanni looked around, thoughtful. "Yes. How do you reach out to your... summoner?"

Mew tilted his head, looking contemplative. He seemed unsure if the nature of their summoners were the same at all...

"I do know," he said, "I'd arrived before you... but my summoner also knew of you. Took an opportunity. Perhaps mine was... faster on the transfer."

"What?" Nova tilted his head. "That sounds timey-wimey to me." Hadn't Betel summoned them because of that other human?

"As far as contacting goes... you're in the body of one of the strongest psychic-types around, aren't you? Project your mind! With telepathy and stuff."

Nova glanced at Mew. Then back at Giovanni. Wasn't Mew the one teleporting him everywhere?

"Or do you... not have a firm grasp on your powers?"

Silver narrowed his eyes and tapped his chin contemplatively. The detail about Auriga knowing them in advance was puzzling, to say the least, but he doubted seriously that Mewtwo Giovanni had an answer to that. However, if he could somehow communicate with the Voice of Life, then maybe they could get the answer directly from the source.

So, hmm, how did the whole communication with Betel work to begin with? Was it simple telepathy or something else?

While battling, it wasn’t like they shared thoughts and commands. Or rather, they could do that if they wished, but that wasn’t their preferred modus operandi. Instead, while facing one or multiple opponents together, they just… knew what they had to do and how to pursue a set goal, almost on an instinctive and spiritual level.

All of them always together, as a team, linked.

“…If Auriga summoned you, then maybe your souls're connected to her essence, or something along those lines,” said Silver, rubbing his chin harder. “So maybe you could try to… yeah, simply reach out to her with a mental message? See if you can sense her presence and if she can sense yours?” He paused, having registered what he just said, then looked away. “Yeah, I guess when explained like this, it kinda sounds freaky as heck, since like, you’ve got someone who’s watching you and your actions at all times and whatnot. Not really something you wanna overthink for longer than needed, I assure you!”

‘Or maybe you should do that, so that you won’t even consider trying any funny business,’ he mentally quipped, staring at the Mewtwo with faux innocence.

Last edited:
Koa cast a bewildered look between Giovanni, then the group. So Auriga had summoned Giovanni somehow, and Starr. But she also seemed to know of the Wayfarers? Nova was right, the timeline made no sense, unless maybe Auriga had some kind of time based powers? Or something else was going on. Always more questions than answers. "So Auriga could have hitched a ride on our summoners summon?" he mused, only feeling more confused. "But somehow got you here way before us?"

He shook his head. "Did Auriga mention if she summoned anyone else here?"

"Or do you... not have a firm grasp on your powers?"

"Hmph." Giovanni's smirk was sharper. "While my powers are intimidating and it has allowed me to not have to exert myself more than I must... there is a certain amount of, as they would call it... out of practice, I've suffered from. As a human, I was a commander. My direct powers... were tied to that, rather than a grunt's violence. The nuances of Psychic powers in this world... aren't something I've fully grasped. What I have now... has done well enough." He shrugged. "Perhaps with time, I can grow stronger."

"Did Auriga mention if she summoned anyone else here?"

"I didn't ask," Giovanni said simply. "Something to try in my dreams. Perhaps my partner will also have a chance to communicate." He eyed Red, who was currently having a staredown with six familiar, small figurines that looked like carvings of different Pokemon species.

"In any case, I trust that we will mutually benefit from... an exchange of information. Wouldn't you agree? Perhaps this alliance is best kept... a secret for now. For the sake of ourselves and our... sponsors." He smirked, eyeing them all.

"Secret amongst our teammates, sure." Nova fanned his crest out. "Because keeping it secret from the rest of them isn't going to work." At least they could make sure these discussions were restricted to Betelepathy. "We're all... connected by our sponsor. We have a... relatively secure means of talking amongst ourselves.

"Speaking personally, if you happen to get any knowledge about active Divine Dungeons, reach out to me right away. I'll try to make it worth your while."

"Hmph." Giovanni's smirk was sharper. "While my powers are intimidating and it has allowed me to not have to exert myself more than I must... there is a certain amount of, as they would call it... out of practice, I've suffered from. As a human, I was a commander. My direct powers... were tied to that, rather than a grunt's violence. The nuances of Psychic powers in this world... aren't something I've fully grasped. What I have now... has done well enough." He shrugged. "Perhaps with time, I can grow stronger."

Silver stared incredulously at Mewtwo Giovanni. How could someone be so smart yet so stupid at the same time? And the way he commented about his own lackluster abilities… why did that feel so familiar?

My real father said:
Putting together the potential of many is how you produce a huge power... That's what an organization is... That's the strength of an organization! I failed...to make the best use of my subordinates' potential...! But you shall witness one day the revival of me and my Team Rocket!

No… Silver inhaled sharply, his temper hitting its boiling point. They were the same. They were the freaking same! What nonsense, to believe that they needed to command someone else to have legitimate power!

“Tsk! You call that being out of practice, I call that being lazy, maladaptive and shortsighted!” he scoffed, shooting an unimpressed glare. “Because here’s the harsh truth: our trained teams aren’t here, your grunts aren’t here, and you aren’t gonna go far if you don’t learn how to do stuff by yourself with your own strength!”

Silver threw his arms to the sky in frustration. He couldn’t believe he had to teach that interdimensional man that kinda lesson. If only he could shout those same words to his real father, too…!

“Y-you’re a Mewtwo, for gods’ sake! One of the strongest psychics to ever exist! D’you know what kinda stuff I’d do with all that innate power? It’d probably be enough to… to make an actual difference to this world, and you’ve been content with, what, twiddling your thumbs and hoping you’ll get some revelation about how to become stronger for who knows how long?!”

"Hrrmh." Giovanni seemed displeased by Silver's remarks, though the way he grunted, it sounded more like he was speaking to his child. Which, well...

"Things are not as simple as taking time to train and hone my powers as Mewtwo. I recognize... how risky it is to train in public. I make do. But do not think I am shirking my training. I believe that is all we can really get from this line of questioning. And as for Divine Dungeons..." Giovanni turned his attention to Nova. "I will keep that in mind as well."

Silver held his glare longer than he intended to, his feathers twitching erratically as the bitterness still rushed through his system. But even amidst his storm of torment and contempt, there was a tiny side of him that wished to… believe Mewtwo Giovanni? After all, the other Silver didn’t pursue his own father to Forlas, so that surely meant something.

Perhaps he was being unjust and letting his bias cloud his judgement, and maybe someone like Giovanni deserved nothing more than distrust, but… Silver knew he could be better than that.

“…Very well. I… yeah, I agree. I think there isn’t anything else to say for now,” he muttered, his tone far calmer than before. The now-Sneasel sighed and tapped his claws together, quietly mustering the strength to swallow his pride. “And, erm… I’m sorry. For, huh, that. I… didn’t consider the… difficult circumstances.”

Yeah, he could have elaborated more, but apologizing to Giovanni had already taken a big toll out of him. Hopefully that sufficed.

“I’m gonna give you the benefit of doubt and try to make this kinda relationship work,” he added as he produced his Poké Ball, while with his intense stare he seemed to tell, ‘Don’t make me regret it.’

“Let's keep in touch, and… hm, see you two around!” Without another word, he tapped the button of his Poké Ball and let himself be sucked inside, signaling that he was ready to leave.

Koa couldn't bring himself to be upset at Silver for lashing out. He wished he could reassure him more, but they'd only chatted a few times. Would Silver want to hear anything? Maybe after this was all over... Or perhaps he should just not bother Silver with it.

Shaking away the thought, he met Giovanni's gaze evenly. It was undeniable that Giovanni had done a lot to help, in some way, but was it genuine? "Continuing an alliance sounds fair. We'll say nothing outside our own group for now. And as long as we're both interested in helping this world and doing good I don't think we'll have problems."

Then there was that other matter... "I appreciate keeping an eye on Drapion. If you don't mind I have some questions afterwards about him..."

Jade puzzled through the order of events in her mind. So Giovanni had gotten here before the Wayfarers, but he'd already known about them. And... it didn't sound like he'd been here that much longer than them--the Bulletin Board was pretty new on the scene when they'd arrived. So his summoning didn't have anything to do with Starr, probably. Had Auriga brought him here because of Betel opening a connection to other worlds, and what, he'd just somehow landed on Forlas first? Maybe time passed slower in the Nexus than it did on Forlas...

Jade's brain was starting to hurt a little. She shook her head and said, "Right, yeah, Divine Dungeons, that'd be good to learn more about. And also..."--she wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not, but she had to take a chance--"if you hear anything about a human-turned-Pokemon who's not part of our group... somewhere out east, a firecat named Starr... that's someone we're trying to locate."

Getting help from Giovanni to locate Starr... yeah, that definitely wasn't on the list of things Jade had expected to ever happen.

Nova somehow managed not to flinch. Oh, Betel had reception here after all? Great.

He decided not to acknowledge what seemed like some time-wimey bullshit and instead blame Dialga, whether it existed on Forlas or not. Perfectly healthy response.

As Betel’s message resonated in everyone’s minds, Silver’s Poké Ball wiggled and whistled furiously, but he stubbornly refused to come out.

Perhaps it was for the best that he was currently made of incorporeal energy, because otherwise his already overloaded brain might have instantly combusted after all those bombshells.

Last edited:
"An alliance it is," Giovanni said with an idle wave of his hand. "Good luck... What was it, Wayfarers? How curious a name." He smirked. "At this point, I think Red has traveled more than you all. Then again..." He sighed. "Wandering aimlessly is in his soul. Not even his blood, at this point..."

"I appreciate keeping an eye on Drapion. If you don't mind I have some questions afterwards about him..."

"Of course," Giovanni said. "Perhaps if you can tame him, you can take him off my hands..."

"if you hear anything about a human-turned-Pokemon who's not part of our group... somewhere out east, a firecat named Starr... that's someone we're trying to locate."

"Starr..." There was a glimmer of recognition in his eyes. A thoughtful frown. It washed away just as quickly as a more entertained, wry smile took its place. "Of course. I know who to look for. And... I look forward to seeing her again."

He made a bow, and then disappeared. Mew drifted closer, tilting his head and inquiring if they were ready to go, aside from Koa.

Back
Top Bottom