• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mewtwo's Lair

The Poke Ball's texture wasn't that of a modern one. It was rough and organic despite its toughness, a clear sign that it was crafted from Apricorns, despite trying to look modern, perhaps to Giovanni's tastes.

"It sounds as if you'd already discovered possible countermeasures," Giovanni said. "You can go in two ways. find a way to remove those Shadow chains that harm the aura, or find a way to keep the Shadows from reaching you in the first place."

"Like with the relic fragment, perhaps?" Nova said, more for Silver's sake. "Sybil claimed it could offer temporary protections against shadows."

"Oh?" Giovanni's eyes glinted with interest. "Yes, that would be useful. And I recall also gathering it dispelled Alexander's corruption... Yes, he would hate that, wouldn't he? Like flames to a young Sunkern..."

“Hm, sounds like a good way to grant some initial protection to fellas and an excellent way to piss off some power-hungry dragon,” quipped Silver, his grin dripping with haughty mirth. “Well! If that isn’t a plan, I don’t know how else to call it!”

But just as quickly, his amused expression faded to leave room to his usual stoic gaze. Something else was clearly on his mind, which he didn’t waste time making it known.

“However, that relic is one of a kind, isn’t it?” His frown deepened. “Well, it might be able to give some protection to folks, okay, but shouldn’t we worry about the relic itself? Y’know, make sure that it returns safely in one piece? It’s the only known way to purge darkness so far, and if it were to end up lost because of some accident or setback…”

He trailed off, confident that the others would have connected the final dots.

"Indeed," Giovanni said. "Quite the risk for dealing with one rogue Shadow. Perhaps you could take part of it, or try to take an essence from it. Who knows? Maybe you can find a way to imbue it with power some other way... I don't really know. It's not like I've had the change to inspect such 'relics' myself. I imagine you wouldn't trust me with that." He smirked, staring right at Silver.

"I'm not saying we bring it with us into the dungeon," Nova scoffed. "The protection can last at least a couple of hours, so we get it before and go in."

“Oh, you know me,” said Silver, staring back at Giovanni and flashing a toothy smirk. “Being a distrustful jerk is my specialty, after all.”

Then, he glanced at Nova. “Good to hear that the effects of the relic can last for at least of hours. Though, I kinda got the impression that we wanted to use its power to make it easier to subdue this Owen guy.” He shrugged. “I mean, it might be easier to reason with him and rescue him from Alexander when he isn’t souped up in brainwashing darkness.”

He hummed to himself, his gaze drifting once more to Giovanni. “Imbue power, huh… maybe we could try that power with the Poké Balls? They can convert a lot of stuff into energy and store it, so it might be worth a shot?”

"We can't exactly subdue and restore him if the corruption there eats at us faster than we can fight," Nova muttered, eyes flickering. "It was bad enough fighting them outside the Quarry. But just being there seemed to grow my shadows."

Silver brought a clawed paw to his chin, his mind slipping back into a contemplative state. A dungeon that strengthened the shadows constantly? Then that meant that whatever progress they could have made with Owen while fighting in the quarry could be easily undone by the lingering, mind-numbing darkness.

“Ah, that’s… troublesome, yeah. Can’t really try to remove the darkness if it simply seeps back into his soul or something, huh?” he grumbled, tapping his chin and his eyes narrowing to slits. “I guess that means we’ll have to lure him outta there somehow and see to bring him back to his senses later. Far from that dungeon, and…”

He blinked, reminding something that had been mentioned earlier. “Hey, hold on! You said that Owen is a potential Wayfarer, right? Then maybe he can interact with one of our patron’s spots and be whisked away, far from Alexander?”

"It's a Dungeon," Giovanni said. "Maybe if you blow a hole large enough, you can push him in. But I think I know one thing about Alexander... and it's that he certainly gave orders to Owen not to follow anyone outside again. You'll have to fight him on his turf."

"That's the expectation," Nova said. "Hence, use the fragment before we charge into the dungeon. The center of it — where Owen came out from — was this, like, dark miasma. Stuff of nightmares and all that."

And painfully familiar to back home.

Giovanni nodded. "I'm afraid that's the most I can provide," he said plainly. "But I'll have my partner keep an eye on things from afar. If you're in need of a desperate escape... I doubt he'd stand idly by."

Giovanni nodded. "I wish you luck," he said plainly. "Now then... was there anything else you wanted to talk about, either of you?"

“Oh, yeah! There are a few things I’m curious about. Namely, updates and developments and stuff,” said Silver, his gaze inquisitive. “For a very simple starter, d’you manage to get in touch with Auriga? Y’know, about the whole knowing-us-before-we-knew-her deal, for example?”

"Not yet," Giovanni said simply. "I've been trying to keep it cautious, and I haven't had a great lead on contacting just yet... Perhaps I should prioritize that. I have no extra developments yet. My efforts have been more on resupplying my equipment after Lucis' provisions..."

"And what, exactly, will the equipment let you do?" Nova tilted his head. "Any chance of using it to reach your... handlers?"

"That might be beyond the scope of what I can do from within," Giovanni admitted, shrugging. "But it may help amplify my psychic powers. And, of course, refining the Poke Balls..."

A loud sigh slipped through Silver’s lips, who simply lowered his head. No news yet? He couldn’t say to not be used to disappointment, but it still sucked.

“…Oh. Well, let us know if you get any breakthrough, alright? Anything helps, really,” he grumbled, masking his inner annoyance with a neutral expression. “And best of luck with your… huh, psychic enhancement, I guess?”

Somehow, the vague memory of the armor-clad Mewtwo in his world resurfaced to the top of his mind, and Silver quietly wondered if Giovanni was planning something similar. After dismissing that thought, he glanced at Nova and nodded — he seemed ready to go.

"Amplify 'em, huh? So, what, we'll be able to keep in touch without coming here directly?" Because more voices in Nova's head was exactly what the doctor ordered.

"That was rhetorical, by the way." His crest fanned out. "I guess we'll see what that means in time." He glanced over his shoulder. "Time to hit the road, I s'pose."

Back
Top Bottom