• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

"back from my hiatus" - "back from my hentai"

And while playing Kirby's Epic Yarn, I paused the game so that the "wii menu" and "reset" buttons blocked the level name "Mushroom Run" so it says "hroom Ru".
While I glanced over at the TV later, I somehow read that as "REGGIE" in allcaps.
Brain, what are you doing.

"Will menu". And "Brian".

So my brother had this app with weird facts. One of them was "People that have eaten bananas are more likely to be bitten by insects"
I glanced over at the screen and read "People are more likely to be eaten by bananas than insects."

"People have been eaten by bananas".

I saw a Facebook friend's profile picture and thought at first glance he was cosplaying as a Homestuck troll.
On closer inspection, he was just wearing orange headphones, and the lightning in the picture made his skin look grey-ish (also he has black hair and was wearing a black shirt)

Last edited:
Got "delays" mixed with "checks" into "daleks".
Somehow managed to see "Skaro" in a list of actors in the Doctor Who Wiki article on an old episode and thought that the planet was mentioned on that page.
"WILL LET YOUR ELF BECOME BEAUTIFUL" or something as something with "KILL YOUR ELF".

Are they doing something with my mind?

EDIT: And now I misread "KILL YOUR ELF" as "KILL YOURSELF".

Last edited:
So I was reading The Incredible Journey, and I misread "cat" as "cab". Admittedly, it was strange to imagine a cab take on a lynx.

A while ago I was using some program or another and it flashed up an error message telling me to "check my write privileges". For an awkward moment I thought it was calling my racial tolerance into question.

"Margot" as "Maggot". On a chocolate bar.

I remember misreading the name of some Italian city (I don't remember it, I only know the first letter was C) as... well... will it suffice if I say it was the name of a major Homestuck character whose name I am reluctant to say?

Back
Top Bottom