• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo people!

IndigoClaudia

The Fool
Pronoun
She/Fae
Hello friends! NaNoWriMo is upon us in the following months, so let's discuss any upcoming projects and share our NaNo Forums accounts!

Please have mercy, it's not even October. ;-;

Every year for the past two or three years I've resolved to finish my fanfic for NaNo. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm feeling good about this year. Real good! So I imagine I'll be doing that again.

oh, nanowrimo! almost always in the least convenient possible month for me. and the one time it wasn't, my computer broke down anyway,

but maybe that's the whole idea, innit

Oh hey, NaNoWriMo. This is me! Add me if you want? :D

I don't know exactly what I want to do this year, but I really want to build better writing habits and NaNo is a great way to encourage me to do that, haha. I'll likely set a goal for my fantasy bird novel, because I haven't earnestly worked on anything else in years and I really want to finish it!

So it is now October and we are less than one month out from NaNo! :O I keep saying I want to prepare in October so I can write in November, but so far it hasn't really happened yet - how is everyone else preparing?

Uhm... Weird question but with is NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month?
Not a weird question at all! :D And yeah, it’s National Novel Writing Month! It takes place in November and the general idea is to push yourself to write - to stop saying “oh, I’ll write this someday,” or “I’ll write this story once I’m better at writing,” or “once I’m done with school/quit my job/get the kids out of the house/etc etc” and just write, now.

The goal is typically to write 50,000 words of a brand new novel, but you can make your goal whatever you want - 10,000 words of a blog, 30,000 of a WIP novel, just to spend 30 days in a row writing something, anything - the important part is setting a goal and writing something, because at the end of the month, you’ll have more written than if you’d never started at all.

Their website has a lot of good info - check it out if you like! :D https://nanowrimo.org/

Happy First day o' Camp!
Same to you!! Are you participating this year? (And if so, what’s your project? :D)

I wanted to participate since it’s been so long since I’ve written, gah. This month might be a good time to revisit my outlines/plots and see if I can push some things along, but ultimately I’m not going to try to hold myself to any specific goals or anything - there’s been a lot else going on too ha.

Back
Top Bottom