• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frontier Town Nina's Place

"Thankfully we wouldn't be toddlers this time," Astrid said in-between bites.

She had really loosened up -- perhaps it was the alcohol, perhaps it was growing more comfortable in Nova's company -- and didn’t hardly bother to swallow all the way before speaking again. She didn’t seem to be worried about being judged for it.

"I gotta say though… Frontier Town isn't half bad. Uhmn, y'know, 'cause—" She briefly lost her train of thought and then found it again. "I mean, it's always had these controversial vibes to me, I guess, but it feels very homey at the end of a long day's work. And people around this continent or province or whatever are starting to learn who we are, and where we are. Just makes the election more… interesting, I guess. Politicians might be asked about their official positions on our presence."

Another big bite to finally finish off her sandwich long after Nova had demolished his. "…Weird to think about, no?"

Last edited:
At Astrid's question, Nova's crest drooped and his ears folded slightly. "I've... been thinking about that. Sorta. Since Owen got swept away."

Sighing, he finished the last of his food. "Why we're here. Why us outsiders get so strong so quick, even if we don't have good intentions." He looked down at his empty plate. "Don't get me wrong, I like this place. I have it way better here than back home. But my gut's telling me that beating Cipher would be nothing more than putting a bandage on a bigger wound."

Out of food, Astrid had that to chew on instead. "...Mmhm. Cipher seemed more opportunistic than anything. Yeah, no, I agree. I think it's gotta have a lot to do with Betel, whatever it is. It's weird how little we know about her, but it's really weird how little she knows about herself."

She shrugged. "As long as we keep getting stronger and stick together, we'll be able to give it our best shot, though. We don't seem to have any Wayfarers looking to actively sabotage the rest, as far as I know."

"Hope not. Just other ex-humans and their descendants." Nova traced something vaguely empoleon shaped in the air with a talon, which he then used to signal he was ready to pay.

"Well, that did hit the spot. But it's getting late. And I've got a longer walk home than you do." He sure hoped things were quiet and unremarkable at the cabin, at least.

Back
Top Bottom