• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Well no use hoarding all my cash I guess.

Buying:

[Cloud] Ralts (M) Trace
[Fenrir] Shinx (M) Intimidate

Plus one Up-Grade, one Moon Stone and one Dusk Stone.

noooo my beautiful money

Last edited:

And now to try another ridiculously-prompt sig attribute. Not such a plausible one, but.

[Cloud] Ralts (M)
Ability: Trace
Sig Attribute: Buster Sword

For several generations, all of Cloud's male ancestors have been Gallades. This has resulted in a freak birth mutation that gave Cloud a considerably large blade in place of his right forearm. Because of his size and physical frailty, the blade is very hard to lift and makes moving about very difficult, as well as making it impossible to use several of his natural techniques. However it also opens up the possibility to use several other moves, and when he is able to wield it gainfully, it packs a painful punch.

Effects: Cloud has a constant 1-level speed decrease due to the heaviness of his arm, and is unable to use most high-priority or hand-based moves. Any command requiring him to lift his right arm require an extra 2% energy to execute. However, all moves based on cutting or slashing get a STAB regardless of their type, at the expense of a 10% drop in accuracy.

Move mods:
- Shadow Sneak, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Helping Hand, Fling, Snatch, Focus Punch
+ Swords Dance, Cut, Psycho Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Air Slash, Poison Jab

(Am I right in assuming this would count as a move mod as well?)

Last edited:

And now to try another ridiculously-prompt sig attribute. Not such a plausible one, but.

[Cloud] Ralts (M)

For several generations, all of Cloud's male ancestors have been Gallades. This has resulted in a freak birth mutation that gave Cloud a considerably large blade in place of his right forearm. Because of his size and physical frailty, the blade is very hard to lift and makes moving about very difficult, as well as making it impossible to use several of his natural techniques. However it also opens up the possibility to use several other moves, and when he is able to wield it gainfully, it packs a painful punch.

Effects: Cloud has a constant 1-level speed decrease due to the heaviness of his arm, and is unable to use most high-priority or hand-based moves. Any command requiring him to lift his right arm require an extra 2% energy to execute. However, all moves based on cutting or slashing get a STAB regardless of their type, at the expense of a 10% drop in accuracy.

Move mods:
- Shadow Sneak, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Helping Hand, Fling, Snatch, Focus Punch
+ Swords Dance, Cut, Psycho Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Air Slash, Poison Jab

I suppose it's fair enough, but what's wrong with his other arm that he can't use it to punch, throw, etc.? And Snatch has nothing to do with physical grabbing; you could keep that and replace it with a different tradeoff if you wanted to.

Hey, Hey uh.. don't mean to be all buggery but this form kind of got passed over.. >:

All righty! Let's get little Katsubousha fitted straight from his storyline. Sig Attribute time~

Signature Attribute: Ghost Hotel
- Katsubousha is, for all intents and purposes, a normal Riolu at most times. He does however, come from a powerful bloodline - one that, for reasons unknown, attracted spectral attention to him in particular. Katsu is possessed by a variety of ghosts, and when threatened his body goes limp allowing them full control of his actions. The spirits have grown to share a symbiotic-like relationship with him, and in addition to having disposition towards his own feelings and views, seem to be under the same method of control as normal captured Ghost types.
Once these spirits gain control, they will begin to incorporate their own abilities with those of their host - although they cannot fully utilise him themselves. In addition while under their control, Katsu will be pulled partially into the spirit world; effectively making him a part-Ghost type, and weaknesses and resistances will be modified as such.
Katsu's body tends to take strange forms while under control of the spirits, and he often shuffles sideways, swings his upper body and arms loosely, or even bends over backwards nearly crabwalking. It can give off disturbing vibes to his opponents, and should they fall under the effects of sleep some of his errant spirits can prey on this - effectively granting him the 'Bad Dreams' ability.
Katsu is also incapable of phasing, due to his body still being a technically feasible object, and if Katsu himself can be reached and calmed by way of Sleep status or similar, the spirits will temporarily lose their control until the effect ends, cancelling his Ghost subtype. In addition, Attract has a 50% chance of working from both genders due to the spirits making up every gender and preference.

Effects:
Katsubousha is considering to be a Fight/Ghost type, and weaknesses, resistances, immunities and STAB are adjusted accordingly.
Sleep cancels Ghost typing temporarily. (Until awoken) Sleep Talk cannot use any moves listed in Move Mods, both gained and lost types.
Attract will work at a 50% chance from both genders.
Gains 'Bad Dreams' ability. Damage lowered to 2% per action.

Move Mods:
- Quick Attack, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Attract, Rest, Reversal, Cross Chop and Hi Jump Kick
+ Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Spite, Hypnosis, Haze, Trick Room, Snatch and Destiny Bond

I suppose it's fair enough, but what's wrong with his other arm that he can't use it to punch, throw, etc.? And Snatch has nothing to do with physical grabbing; you could keep that and replace it with a different tradeoff if you wanted to.

Snatch is taken out because it's a high-priority move. And punching/throwing is forbidden mostly because I was struggling to think of a decent number of moves for him to lose, frankly. Plus some logical reason I've since forgotten.

Buying my starter team.

Spr_4h_004_s.png

[N/A]Charmander(M) 10$(shiny)

Pichu
[N/A]Pichu(M) 10$

Budew
[N/A]Budew(F) 5$

Riolu
[N/A]Riolu(M) 20$​

10+10+5+20=45

Hey, Hey uh.. don't mean to be all buggery but this form kind of got passed over.. >:

All righty! Let's get little Katsubousha fitted straight from his storyline. Sig Attribute time~

Signature Attribute: Ghost Hotel
- Katsubousha is, for all intents and purposes, a normal Riolu at most times. He does however, come from a powerful bloodline - one that, for reasons unknown, attracted spectral attention to him in particular. Katsu is possessed by a variety of ghosts, and when threatened his body goes limp allowing them full control of his actions. The spirits have grown to share a symbiotic-like relationship with him, and in addition to having disposition towards his own feelings and views, seem to be under the same method of control as normal captured Ghost types.
Once these spirits gain control, they will begin to incorporate their own abilities with those of their host - although they cannot fully utilise him themselves. In addition while under their control, Katsu will be pulled partially into the spirit world; effectively making him a part-Ghost type, and weaknesses and resistances will be modified as such.
Katsu's body tends to take strange forms while under control of the spirits, and he often shuffles sideways, swings his upper body and arms loosely, or even bends over backwards nearly crabwalking. It can give off disturbing vibes to his opponents, and should they fall under the effects of sleep some of his errant spirits can prey on this - effectively granting him the 'Bad Dreams' ability.
Katsu is also incapable of phasing, due to his body still being a technically feasible object, and if Katsu himself can be reached and calmed by way of Sleep status or similar, the spirits will temporarily lose their control until the effect ends, cancelling his Ghost subtype. In addition, Attract has a 50% chance of working from both genders due to the spirits making up every gender and preference.

Effects:
Katsubousha is considering to be a Fight/Ghost type, and weaknesses, resistances, immunities and STAB are adjusted accordingly.
Sleep cancels Ghost typing temporarily. (Until awoken) Sleep Talk cannot use any moves listed in Move Mods, both gained and lost types.
Attract will work at a 50% chance from both genders.
Gains 'Bad Dreams' ability. Damage lowered to 2% per action.

Move Mods:
- Quick Attack, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Attract, Rest, Reversal, Cross Chop and Hi Jump Kick
+ Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Spite, Hypnosis, Haze, Trick Room, Snatch and Destiny Bond

Sorry, I guess it got lost on the other page. In the future, please copy and paste instead of quoting--quotes inside of quotes get lost.

What is Katsubosha's current ability? I'm a little iffy on letting a baby Pokémon have two abilities in addition to the other stuff either way, but his basic information should be restated regardless. Also, would falling asleep temporarily remove the Bad Dreams ability as well as his ghost typing?

The way you describe the possession makes it sound like the attribute only kicks in after he's taken X amount of damage--if you meant to add that condition then you forgot it, and if not I'd consider rewording the description.

Is there any particular reason you chose to lose the moves you did? They're balanced enough and it's not the end of the world if they don't have any relation to the attribute, but... they don't, as far as I can tell. Why?

[Kuudere] Barboach, F, Oblivious

hurk! stinginesss

Approved.

Snatch is taken out because it's a high-priority move. And punching/throwing is forbidden mostly because I was struggling to think of a decent number of moves for him to lose, frankly. Plus some logical reason I've since forgotten.

That's all right, but you still need to find another move to remove--Ralts can't learn Focus Punch in the first place. Forgot to mention that last time, derp.

That's all right, but you still need to find another move to remove--Ralts can't learn Focus Punch in the first place. Forgot to mention that last time, derp.

So it can't. I could've sworn Veekun said it did :/ Maybe that was when I was looking at Gallade's entry for blade moves. I'll take out Double Team instead, since it's hard to imagine him moving fast enough to make afterimages with a huge blade weighing him down.

I assume I have to repost the whole thing, so:

[Cloud] Ralts (M)

Effects: Cloud has a constant 1-level speed decrease due to the heaviness of his arm, and is unable to use most high-priority or hand-based moves. Any command requiring him to lift his right arm require an extra 2% energy to execute. However, all moves based on cutting, stabbing or slashing get a STAB regardless of their type, at the expense of a 10% drop in accuracy.

Move mods:
- Shadow Sneak, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Helping Hand, Fling, Snatch, Double Team

Applying for Starter Team:

[], Riolu (m)
Ability:Steadfast

[Keith], Mudkip (f)
Ability:Torrent
Paid HERE

Last edited:

Fixed Application for Starter Team:
[] Riolu(m)
[Keith]Mudkip (m)
[George]Magikarp (m)
Ability:Swift Swim
[Molly]Starly (f)
Ability:Keen eye
[]Poochyena (f)
Ability: Run Away
Paid Here

Fixed Application for Starter Team:
[] Riolu(m)
[Keith]Mudkip (m)
[George]Magikarp (m)
Ability:Swift Swim
[Molly]Starly (f)
Ability:Keen eye
[]Poochyena (f)
Ability: Run Away
Paid Here

Approved, but next time please repost all information, both here in the Office and in the Bank, when your transaction is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom