• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Power Plant Pokemafia

Cawwww! (Oh no I made a mathematical error!!! ;O;

In reality EOD is just under four hours from now. I made the mistake because my brain gets twisty looking at 00:00 clocks sometimes.

Hope everyone is having a chickeny good day!! šŸ˜„
-b)
Buck buck bcawwww!!!!!! (Shocking news! I may have been right the whole time but just got confused because we didn't set the timezone on this account to be properly British Time

Wrrrroaaaarrr!!!! Timezooooones!!!!! šŸ˜«
-b)

i was gonna do a votecount but sleeby i'll prolly be back to do the boring thing later

[Herbe/tbhĀ²/Cojiro] - Wooloo V
[Trebek] - Weh V
[Ysabel/Flora] - Noot
[Hydreigon25/Zero Moment]
[MampersandF/Vipera Magnifica] - Ech W

I personally want to see how things develop with VM here before placing a vote.

after initially waking up and catching up, this was my thought process as well, but like tbh said, we should be the change we want to see in the world, and what better way to make ā€œthings developā€ then by vibing on vm

partly bc i was also O_o abt the flora vote and partly bc i reaaaaally donā€™t want to see zm go down for what seems to me like metaclash

after initially waking up and catching up, this was my thought process as well, but like tbh said, we should be the change we want to see in the world
change da w orld
my final message
goodb ye

more seriously, I was originally sort of weh about Cojiro testing the waters, but I think I was misunderstanding their reasons for doing so, so it's probably fine

Cawwww! (Oh no I made a mathematical error!!! ;O;

In reality EOD is just under four hours from now. I made the mistake because my brain gets twisty looking at 00:00 clocks sometimes.

Hope everyone is having a chickeny good day!! šŸ˜„
-b)
Buck buck bcawwww!!!!!! (Shocking news! I may have been right the whole time but just got confused because we didn't set the timezone on this account to be properly British Time

Wrrrroaaaarrr!!!! Timezooooones!!!!! šŸ˜«
-b)
and this is why i don't like daylight saving time

could you explain your reasoning for voting me, Seshas and Trebek?
Tonally off, vote on Flora was really weird, especially given that the only reasons I can think for voting them are practically the same as ZM wagon which you rejected, hedging on read strength, making an artificial attempt to kickstart the day's voting

alongside seshasā€™ reasoning, i was also a bit O_o at what looked to me like an eagerness to abstain but only after someone else had brought it up first

admittedly sorta a light read but itā€™s what i have rn

partly bc i reaaaaally donā€™t want to see zm go down for what seems to me like metaclash
thatā€™s also why i wanted to start a vote on someone else (though frankly i donā€™t want to yeet flora either, i just wanted there to be another wagon)

tbh iā€™d feel better if that second wagon was an abstain. i still donā€™t get why some of yā€™all are still so allergic to abstaining, and frankly this seems like the situation where we should abstain, even if it is a tad boring

just yeeting at random is only going to help the mafia right now

if i donā€™t want to abstain and i also donā€™t want to vote zm, iā€™ll Be The Change I Want To See In This World and tentatively start a wagon on someone i think is likelier to be scum. namely, the one person who spoke at lengths (and i do mean at lengths) about how abstaining was good a couple games ago when he was town and then right now described abst as ā€œboringā€, trying to start a wagon on a person who didnā€™t really do anything worth raising an eyebrow. vipera magnifica
as devil's advochicken, belief that abstaining is mechanically acceptable / could be the right thing to do is not necessarily mutually exclusive with thinking it would be boring to do it now

i could easily see someone with a preference for nightplay being broadly happy to go along with a d1 abstention, while also feeling kind of like "well, if there are no deaths n0 or d1, what's really the point"

alongside seshasā€™ reasoning, i was also a bit O_o at what looked to me like an eagerness to abstain but only after someone else had brought it up first

admittedly sorta a light read but itā€™s what i have rn
i wanted to abstain i just didnā€™t want to get jumped on for trying to start an abstain wagon

and here i am getting jumped on anyway

I am personally against those abstain/no abstain arguments because there have been many many many times in the past where I wanted to argue something similar, usually use of town KP (abstain/unabstiain, use wolf gunsmith/don't use wolf gunsmith, holster vigilante shots until end of game/don't do that, etc.)
I think the only way I have succeded in convincing someone before is by slamming down an article on it, which I will decidedly not do right now

I am personally against those abstain/no abstain arguments because there have been many many many times in the past where I wanted to argue something similar, usually use of town KP (abstain/unabstiain, use wolf gunsmith/don't use wolf gunsmith, holster vigilante shots until end of game/don't do that, etc.)
I think the only way I have succeded in convincing someone before is by slamming down an article on it, which I will decidedly not do right now
poorly phrased but I do believe there are stagnant days where it would be better to abstain, particularly if you run the risk of voting out someone who could become very likely town through either reads or mechanics
I don't think this is one of these days

poorly phrased but I do believe there are stagnant days where it would be better to abstain, particularly if you run the risk of voting out someone who could become very likely town through either reads or mechanics
I don't think this is one of these days
not one of those days?

so are you saying you have strong reads rn

i mean, i guess a way to explain it is that abstaining also gives mafia a free kill by virtue of accelerating the game to a night phase, but potentially misyeeting town still gives town information to work with

much as i hate to admit it coming from ToS meta, we canā€™t hope to solve the game purely riding off of the coattails of town PR night actions

Back
Top Bottom