• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Professor Layton

mewtini

sorry guys, don’t lose
Pronoun
she/her
Oh my gosh I could talk about this series all day loooong.

I've played the first trilogy (Curious Village through Unwound Future) and just started Miracle Mask. So far, my favorite is probably Unwound Future (one of two games that's ever made me cry, the other being PMD Sky).

Remember the
tags!

Members:
Mewtini
Eifie

Last edited:
I got a 3DS pretty much just for Miracle Mask and PL vs. AA. Miracle Mask was gorgeous. @.@ I just. I loved the art and sort of the general feel and atmosphere near the beginning so much. The first cutscene with the Masked Gentleman was just... omg. I have no words. And I loved the music! I love the thing that plays during that bit with like...
the police meeting or whatever where Layton's talking to omg what's his name. Leonard or something... the detective guy. Where he susses out the real stories behind all the dark miracles up to date.
It (Illusion) is a pretty plain, repetitive tune, but I love it so much. It plays at other times too, of course, like during the recaps when you load up the game, but I never noticed it until that moment. I love the beginning (first ~30 seconds, I guess, and the other bits that sound like that) of Norwell, too. And some other things which I don't remember.

I thought the story of Miracle Mask was pretty disappointing, though. All of the plot twists were pretty obvious from a mile away. I kind of didn't enjoy it as much as I did the other games because even though I knew what was going to happen, I kept getting irritated at all the puzzles and skipping as many as I could because I just wanted to get through the story. I meant to play it again sometime so I could enjoy it more this time around, but I still haven't gotten around to that. Also the
dungeon crawler
bit just dragged on and on...

This was a pretty good moment, though. (possible Miracle Mask spoilers? spoilers that... something happens... idk.)

I haven't played the other games for a while, but I remember loving all the puzzle themes. I feel like the only one who was just like "whatever" at the ending of Unwound Future... I mean, I didn't think it was boring or anything. I just didn't find it sad.

Huh. Yeah, like I said, I'm playing Miracle Mask right now... The art took time for me to get used to (the 3D models, I mean) because in others it's 2D sprites.

i feel ashamed for crying at the end of unwound future now weh

I've played the first four (and have watched the movie that came stateside) and really enjoyed them, but haven't gotten around to Miracle Mask for whatever reason. Emmy (followed by Luke, unless you count Claire as a main character) is probably my favorite main characters. Also, I love pretty much all the side characters too! Even those people you see in the puzzles that you never actually meet.

I did like Legal Luke, too.
Even if he did use a giant destruction machine to attack London.

They're eventually releasing PL versus AA in the US, right? I heard that a while back, but I haven't heard any news since then.

Definitely cried at the end of Unwound Future, too. ;~;

Back
Top Bottom