• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Psychtini vs. I Liek Squirtles

Glace

booming system
1vs1*single
DQ: none for me, 7 days for ILS
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: In A Clay Town

The battlers have been shrunken down to only be half an inch tall to fit into a child's clay town model, a bit more than a foot away from a switched on computer. With inch thick ground, a small child watching, and several poorly constructed buildings liable to fall at any moment or impact, Earthquake will wreak havoc on the battlefield, which possibly could be used in someone advantage. Throwing moves (Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, etc.) have a ten percent chance of being aimed at a flimsy building or tree or heck, the sky. Whatever is hit will deal the thrown Pokemon an extra 3% damage, and then a 5% chance that the creator will walk in and yell at the small child, suspecting that she has done the damage. The yells then have the ability to send the Pokemon banging into each other, dealing 2% damage.

Psychtini's Squad

Snivy [Mintleaf] Snivy (F) <Overgrow> {Sig. Attribute: Minty Leaves}
Joltik [Staticspidera] Joltik (F) <Compoundeyes>
Rattata [Quickflash] Rattata (F) <Run Away>
Poliwag [Aquaggle] Poliwag (F) <Water Absorb>
Taillow [Swift] Taillow (F) <Guts>
Zubat [Blind Echo] Zubat (F) <Inner Focus>
Scyther [Mia] Scyther (M) <Technician>
Rasqueon [Warrior] Rasqueon (F) <Battle Armor>
Vulpix [Blazetail] Vulpix (F) <Flash Fire> @ Fire Stone

I Liek Squirtles' Squad

Squirtle [Mr. Turtle] Squirtle (M) <Torrent> @ Wacan Berry
Growlithe [Cave Canem] Growlithe (M) <Flash Fire> @ Fire Stone
Hoothoot [Cuckoo] Hoothoot (M) <Insomnia>
Teddiursa [Roosevelt] Teddiursa (M) <Quick Feet>
Blitzle [Marty] Blitzle (M) <Lightningrod>
Poochyena [Lupus Rex] Poochyena (M) <Quick Feet>
Cacnea [Shifu] Cacnea (M) <Sand Veil>
Butterfree [McGinnity] Butterfree (M) <Compoundeyes>
Vanillite [Baskin Robbins] Vanillite (M) <Ice Body>
Elgyem [Luke Skywalker] Elgyem (M) <Synchronize>

RNG Gods Determine...

- Psychtini sends out.
- ILS sends out and orders commands.
- Psychtini orders commands.
- I ref.

GO MR. TURTLE!!! If she Protects on any action, Chill. Start off with a Fake Out. Then Surf, and if it hits, when it hits Blazetail Ice Beam the water. However, if she tries any Special attacks, Mirror Coat.

Fake Out/Mirror Coat/Chil~Surf/Mirror Coat/Chill~Ice Beam@Surf when it hits Vulpix/Mirror Coat/Chill

1vs1*single

The battlers have been shrunken down to only be half an inch tall to fit into a child's clay town model, a bit more than a foot away from a switched on computer. With inch thick ground, a small child watching, and several poorly constructed buildings liable to fall at any moment or impact, Earthquake will wreak havoc on the battlefield, which possibly could be used in someone advantage. Throwing moves (Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, etc.) have a ten percent chance of being aimed at a flimsy building or tree or heck, the sky. Whatever is hit will deal the thrown Pokemon an extra 3% damage, and then a 5% chance that the creator will walk in and yell at the small child, suspecting that she has done the damage. The yells then have the ability to send the Pokemon banging into each other, dealing 2% damage.

The referee suddenly teleports onto the clay ground, slowly observing his surroundings while ambling towards his chair. As he sits down, a small yelp echoes throughout the town. To the referee's shock, there stands a little girl, frozen in surprise as well. Two more bright flashes of light interrupt their stares as the two challengers step down onto the unstable material. Upon receiving approval from the referee, the first challenger, a young girl, sends out a crimson fox, known as a Vulpix. The other, a young boy, sends out a blue turtle, commonly called Squirtle, in response. The two Pokemon send each other looks as the beginning of the battle is signaled.

Round One Begin!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
[Mr. Turtle] Squirtle (M)
Ability: Torrent
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

As soon as the whistle was blown, Mr. Turtle was suddenly standing right before Blazetail. The Squirtle formed his stubby hand into a fist, sending it towards the opposing Vulpix. The fox watched in fear as the fist got closer, waiting for the pain to come. However, the fist unwrapped just before impact, and the turtle's hands clapped together on the nose of the Vulpix, knocking her off her feet. When Blazetail was back on her feet, her opponent was a good distance away from her. Mr. Turtle had tricked her with ease. The Vulpix decided too much time had been wasted, and began to perform her next maneuver.

Expecting another form of attack, she focused her energy into a green, translucent shield that circled around her like a bubble. Once the shield was completely secure, the fire fox turned her attention to the Squirtle. To her own surprise, the turtle was resting in a relaxing pose. Blazetail grew irate as her protective shield vanished into the air. The actions of her opponent were extremely aggravating. Noticing the shield disappear, Mr. Turtle got on his two feet once more, prepared to perform his next attack.

The Vulpix was fully aware that she was quicker on her feet than the turtle opposing her, since he had to carry that hefty shell on his back. Using this to her advantage, the fox began to charge towards the Squirtle, energy pouring into her forehead. Eventually, her head was glowing with a faint pink light as she approached the opponent. Mr. Turtle could not react quickly enough. Blazetail charged straight into him, knocking the turtle into the air. The Squirtle hit the ground with a thump. After a while, the Pokemon was standing once more, though his balance was still not stable. The energy from the assault had stunned him for a bit, taking up the time needed to perform his next move. His thoughts were interrupting by a loud whistle and fluttering flags.

Round One End!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Health: 97%
Energy: 90%
Status: Well, that worked! Pleased with the turnout of events.

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
Health: 92%
Energy: 97%

Damage and Energy Calculations

Blazetail's Attacks

- Protect: 4% Energy
- Zen Headbutt: 8% Damage, 6% Energy

Mr. Turtle's Attacks

- Fake Out: 3% Damage, 3% Energy

Arena Notes

- There is nothing worth of mention.

Notes

- Chill recovered 3% Energy for Mr. Turtle.
- Zen Headbutt cause Mr. Turtle to flinch.
- Fake Out has +1 Priority, Indi.

Next Round

- Psychtini orders commands.
- ILS orders commands.
- I ref.

woo hoo
For any damaging attack used on you, Protect. If he is, for some reason, immune to attack, Chill. Oh and how about a nice combo.

Protect/Chill/Energy Ball~Zen Headbutt+Extrasensory

:D

WAIT! *builds RNG shrines* Attract, Mr. Turtle. Pull out ALL the stops! After that, Dig a deep, twisty tunnel, then down there use Rain Dance, but if you can't just Aqua Ring.

Attract (ALL the stops!)~Dig (deep and twisty)~Rain Dance/Aqua Ring

Edit: Can I change Attract for Magic Coat? If you can.

Last edited:
1vs1 single

Round Two Begin!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Health: 97%
Energy: 90%
Status: Well, that worked! Pleased with the turnout of events.

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
Health: 92%
Energy: 97%

As soon as the starting signal was given by the referee, Blazetail was running towards her opponent, quickly buildings up energy in her body. An orb soon appeared in front of the Vulpix, and it was released. Mr. Turtle could not react fast enough to dodge the attack, but he was able to make some sort of shield. However, the ball flew through the shield with ease and directly hit the Squirtle on the bottom of his shell. It took quite a bit of time for the turtle to gain its balance again, but when he finally stood, Mr. Turtle could see a copy of the orb rushing towards Blazetail. It had been copied and reflected, and it hit the Vulpix as well.

The fox was certainly not pleased with the foe's tactic, so she began to focus energy into her head. However, Blazetail also charged psychic energy throughout her body, too, and both forms of energy combined as she grew closer towards Mr. Turtle. She headbutted the turtle off his feet as the psychic energy flowed into his veins and nervous system. It was obvious that the overflow of energy had caused the Squirtle to be stunned. By the time the turtle was capable of standing up once more, too much time had passed to perform the tactic he had wished to do.

The heart of the fox of fire was beating quickly. That previous assault had taken quite a lot of energy to perform, and Blazetail needed to rest. Mr. Turtle saw this and used this to his advantage. The turtle began to perform an elaborate dance. First he break danced, shuffled, and finally added some "Thriller" into his little jig. This caused a small rain cloud to form above, and then came one drop of water. It was followed by another. And another. Soon there was a downpour, and the referee waved his dampened flags to finish the round.

Round Two End!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Health: 87%
Energy: 73%

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
Health: 64%
Energy: 83%

Blazetail's Attacks

- Energy Ball: 12% Damage, 7% Energy
- Zen Headbutt + Extrasensory: 16% Damage, 10% Energy

Mr. Turtle's Attacks

- Mirror Coat: 10% Damage, 8% Energy
- Rain Dance: 6% Energy

Arena Notes

- It is raining (5 more actions).
- The ground is soaking up water.

Notes

- No critical hits.
- Mr. Turtle flinched on the second action.

Next Round

- ILS attacks.
- Psychtini attacks.
- I ref.

PLANS, Y U NO WORK?!?!?

Start me off with an deep and twisty Dig and get the hell away from her. If she tries any Special attacks on you at any time, Mirror Coat. Next, if you are deep enough Aqua Riiiing.That wicked, goddamned fox could enter your tunnel; if she does Aqua Jet away from her. Now, you may have not dug the tunnel, so Aqua Jet if you didn't. Finally, SURF unless she Protects in which case Aqua Ring if you didn't earlier or Chill if you did.

Dig/Mirror Coat~Aqua Ring/Aqua Jet (if she enters or you didn't dig the tunnel)~Surf/Aqua Ring/Chill

Whenever he's out of reach, Chill.

Whenever he attacks you, Protect.

On the last action, if he attacks you first, Payback. Otherwise, use Protect.

Chill/Protect/Energy Ball~Chill/Protect/Energy Ball~Chill/Protect/Payback

Round Two End!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Health: 87%
Energy: 73%

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
Health: 64%
Energy: 83%

Round Three Begin!​

The Omskivar arrived on-scene with his Teleporting Ralts, having been unable to find the battlers originally. He finally heard them calling to him from down in the tiny clay town, and he chuckled as he took them and played house with them for a minute before phasing invisible and sitting down on the floor in front of the sculpture. He made sure everything was in order, and waved his flag for the round to begin.

Blazetail wasted no time in creating a glowing orb of pure green energy. She added more of her own energy to it until it was about the side of Mr. Turtle's head, then fired it at the Squirtle, hitting him in the stomach. The ball sank into his shell and diffused throughout his body, sending a shiver through his reptilian bones. He grunted in pain, then crouched down and began to claw at the clay, finding it difficult to move. He managed to create a diagonal hole about two feet down (really more like two inches but two feet relative to the Squirtle), and he jumped into it, hiding from all attacks.

Blazetail hmph'd, then curled up and rested, restoring a bit of her energy. It was sort of adorable; the effects of this were lot on Mr. Turtle, who was spitting water onto the ground in front of him. At his suggestion, the water rose and enveloped him in a thin, transparent sphere, sustaining him and restoring his vitality.

Blazetail, meanwhile, waited to see what would happen; it was hard to tell, what with Mr. Turtle being completely out of sight. She thought she was safe for the moment, so she might as well lay down and Chill some more; as she did so, Mr. Turtle also thought he had waited long enough. He had been trying to determine if Blazetail was Protecting, but it was hard to tell from his vantage point of underground. Finally, he took the risk of peeking over the top of the hole to find that Blazetail was merely Chilling; he grinned and summoned the water soaking into the ground and some from his own Aqua Ring and sent it crashing down on Blazetail, who whimpered in the torrent. The Omskivar checked his watch and tapped lightly on the table to signal the end of the round.

Round Three End!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Health: 74%
Energy: 89%
Status: Should've Protected... Well-rested, but sopping wet.

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
Health: 54%
Energy: 76%
Status: Kekeke! Still hiding in his hidey-hole. Aqua Ring active.

Energy Ball- 12% damage, 4% energy
Dig-8% energy
Chill- +10% energy
Aqua Ring- 4% energy
Chill- +10% energy
Surf- 13% damage, 3% energy

(Aqua Ring restored a total of 2% health this round)

Arena Notes

- It is raining (5 more actions).
- The ground is soaking up water.

Notes

- No critical hits.
- Energy Ball did not drop Special Defense.
- There wasn't enough water for a full-power surf so I docked damage.
- Also, clay is hard to dig through, so I deducted a bit of energy to compensate.
-On the last action, each Pokemon was waiting for the other; since Blazetail moves faster and couldn't reach Mr. Turtle, she defaulted to Chill.
-I also reduced Surf's Accuracy since Mr. Turtle was still underground, but it still hit.

Next Round

- Psychtini attacks.
- ILS attacks.
- I ref.

I'm flattered, but I have to disagree; I get things wrong a lot more often than I should. I do like to consider the arena and fiddle with it accordingly. Thank you, though.

Thanks so much for taking this!

Dig into that hole and Energy Ball that sucker, then lift him out of the hole with Psychic.

If Mewtwo can lift Ash with Psychic, why can't Blaze lift a little Squirtle?

Dig~Energy Ball~Psychic

Okay Mr. Turtle, hang on! Start off with a Chill if she just enters. Aqua Jet out of the hole if she will hit you. Then, Protect against the Energy Ball, but if the little fox cannot hit you with it, Chill. Finally, start singing badly in a very loud voice the song PHANTOM OF THE OOPERAAA. Do this last part as fast as you can, to disconcentrate the Vulpix.

Chill/Aqua Jet~Protect/Chill~sing badly (as fast as you can)

Round Three End!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Energy: 89%
Status: Should've Protected... Well-rested, but sopping wet.

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
Health: 54%
Status: Kekeke! Still hiding in his hidey-hole. Aqua Ring active.

Round Four Begin!​

Blazetail jumped into action, scrabbling with her tiny paws to reach Mr. Turtle's bunker from the outside. After struggling through the dirt, she found Mr. Turtle taking a short rest to revitalize himself, the thin veil of water continuing to replenish his health.

Blazetail scoffed and charged another ball of green light. This one grew larger than the last, and shot Mr. Turtle at point-blank range; faster than thought, Mr. Turtle conjured a translucent green barrier to protect him from harm. The Energy Ball collided with it and disintegrated, intangible green sparkling powder washing harmlessly over the Squirtle as he broke a sweat.

Now a little exasperated, Blazetail lit up her eyes and lifted Mr. Turtle off of the ground and out of his hidey-hole with her mind. About to throw him far into the distance, the Vulpix suddenly made this face as a screeching, horrifying sound reached her ears:

"THINK OF MEEEEEEEE
THINK OF ME FOOOONDLY
WHEEEEEN, WE'VE SAID GOOOD-BYYYYYYYYYE
REMEMBER MEEEEEEE
ONCE IN A WHIIIIIIIILE
PLEASE PROOOMISE MEEE YOU'LL TRYYYYYYYYY"

She lost all mental focus, and Mr. Turtle fell a good eight feet to the unyielding ground. The enormous Omskivar snapped his fingers deafeningly and signalled the end of the round.

Round Four End!

Team Psychtini
Vulpix
[Blazetail] Vulpix (F)
Energy: 70%
Status: The Angel of Music, he's not... Wishing she didn't have ears.

Team Squirtles
Squirtle
Health: 58%
Status: Help me make the music OOOOOOOF THEEEEEEE NIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Wishing he had a mask. Aqua Ring active.

Dig-8% energy
Chill- +10% energy
Energy Ball- 18% damage (critical; protected), 6% energy
Protect- 8% energy
Psychic- 5% energy, 2% damage from the fall
Sing badly- 2% energy

(Aqua Ring restored a total of 6% health this round)

Arena Notes

- The ground has soaked up water but isn't terribly wet.
- Both battlers are in a deep yet not angled hole; there is one tunnel leading to it from another place on the surface.

Notes

- Energy Ball crit'd, but was Protected against.
- Energy Ball would not have drop Special Defense.
- More energy required to dig through clay.
- I increased the speed of Mr. Turtle's attack to fast enough to interrupt Blazetail's about halfway through.
- Somewhere in there the rain stopped.
- I actually just saw a showing of Phantom last night.

Next Round

- ILS attacks.
- Psychtini attacks.
- I ref.

Back
Top Bottom