• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Regarding Updates

departuresong

Bouncing Off Clouds
This isn't meant as an insult or anything to Butterfree, but I was wondering: do you still have plans to update these forums? I've been thinking about the forums two or three years ago, and I remember how excited everybody would be when a new moderator was chosen, or when a new forum feature came into existence, or a new style was made. The Mafia forum has also been empty since the dawn of this version of the forum.

I don't mean to be prodding; I'd consider this more of a check-in.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm still planning to finish the Mafia hack and remake all the styles we lost. It's just that planning it tends not to translate to actually doing it when there is so much other stuff to do, online and offline. I don't know when I'll get around to it.

As for features and moderators, I don't exactly feel they are lacking at the moment, and making new ones just for the sake of "updating" the forums seems kind of silly and pointless to me.

What Butterfree means to say is 'What'choo talkin' 'bout Willis?!'.

But the idea of Butterfree ever saying that made me dissolve into endless giggles.

Is it really necessary to keep the Mafia forum locked, though? Unless the hack you'll eventually get around to making will require a pristine forum, is there any reason not to open it and just let people use it the way they were before the crash? There's obviously interest in running some games now looking at the Games forum (also: *kicks Midnight*), and new people keep asking "why is it empty why is it locked" anyway... might as well use it, right?

Or you could remove it altogether if you don't play mafia anyhow. (that's not patronising, but if nobody uses it then why does the forum exist?)

Well, if I made the hack it would work pretty differently, and it's not as if people can't make Mafia games in the Forum Games forum already, so I don't quite see the need.

Yeah but if they're playing mafia in forum games then there's no need to have a separate subforum for it - you can always remake the forum when you've finished the hack.

Back
Top Bottom