• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ranger HQ Ranger Union HQ

Sybil glanced at the Relic Stone again before turning back to Nova. "In an ideal world, I could see it happening," she said. "Though I should note that in all recounts, it is only humans who are bequeathed the power, with pokémon getting the share upon establishing a close partnership with the human. It certainly would be nice to give us equal footing with humans here but what Saints are left to make that change?" she asked with a pensive look.

But it was clear that the thought was sticking with her, that somehow, in some way, making that change could be possible. "I wonder what Luz would say on that matter and whether or not it's possible. Maybe she could give more insight on the topic as a Saint herself."

"I was hoping to talk with her about it, yeah."

Nova sighed. "Sorry. I didn't intend for it to get so heavy." He pecked at his white fur a bit. Still matted and knotted up from the fight yesterday. "I just have this feeling that, y'know, maybe Cipher isn't why we're here. That if we leave after shutting down their other terminal, we've only helped put a bandage on Forlas."

"I can understand that," replied Sybil, looking over her notes. "Do you have any clue why your group has been summoned. Did that entity of yours, I believe I've heard your group refer to them as 'Betel' tell you why?"

Nova shook his head. "A different entity actually reached out to us a few weeks back. They're the one who floated the idea there are deeper issues going on with Forlas. And, well, I'm inclined to believe them, even if we might have different ideas about it."

A nod. "Not much to go off, is there? I would trust the entity that actually gave information over the one who said nothing, assuming they're trustworthy, of course. Hopefully they will enlighten you on what you need to do soon," Sybil said. "I cannot be of much help here, unfortunately but I will try where I can."

Nova glanced at the Relic Fragment. "I dunno. You helped cure my friends of Alexander's corruption. And guided us through the Oasis."

He tilted his head. "And, uh, unless I took a nastier blow to the head recently than I thought, weren't you the only non-Wayfarer in the Oasis with us?" Nova eyed the artifact. His cheek bolts turned slowly in their sockets. "If you were telling the truth earlier about these artifacts..."

Nova stopped himself. He smiled at the wyrdeer.

"I'm pretty sure that first one was just the Relic," Sybil said before the implication of Nova's words fully set in, rendering her speechless. She quickly looked between the chimera and the Relic, her ear flicking towards it once again. At this point, it was clear that the wyrdeer could hear something that Nova could not.

"I was but I couldn't be, could I?" she asked. "We were in a large group, surely it might've just deemed someone else worthy, would it care if they were a Wayfarer or not?"

"Our time here is fleeting," Nova said. "Whoever summoned Jessie Stranger didn't handle our arrival. I don't think... we can plant our roots here and call this our home even if we want to.

"Even if... it might be better for my home if I stayed here."

He shook his head. "I think that kind of power should go to someone like you. Dungeons are a product of time in some ways. And you've devoted time and energy to studying them."

There was hesitance in Sybil's expression that shifted towards deep thought. "It is a humbling ask," she said. "And the idea that I am the one worthy of it is so incredibly beyond me that it can hardly register," she added with a nervous chuckle. "But if I am, then all I can do is my best and hope that it may make a difference. Perhaps I could start by listening to it more."

"If that's the vibe you're getting off it, I'd run with it." Nova paused a beat, then quipped, "Figuratively speaking. We already did all the literal running from that quaquaval clown."

Sybil let out a small chuckle. "Part of me does wonder where he is now. Less because I am concerned about him and his company but more about what effect being in the dungeon while it dissipated had." She shrugged. "I would have stayed myself to witness it first-hand if it wasn't for him but it's in the past now."

As she spoke, her workplace cleared, bringing forth both the Relic and a fresh piece of parchment. "I'm going to observe it further and write down what I see or hear. If you want, I can tell you about it once I start noticing activity."

"Absolutely," Nova said, nodding. "And, uh, if you'd like to meet Sage -- the graydian we rescued -- I'm sure I could arrange something."

"I would like that," replied Sybil. "It would be a good opportunity to learn more about this Covenant and 'Original One'."

"Great!" Nova's fish tail wagged. "I'll see if I can make that happen."

He got to his feet. Nova hadn't exactly gotten the answers that he was looking for. But some leads were better than none. "Thank you for your help. Good luck with the Fragment."

Nova bobbed his head in a farewell greeting and set off for the warp point that would get him close to Frontier Town. All the while wondering if Luz was still around... and if he'd be able to meet with her again.

<><><>​

Back
Top Bottom