• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt RMT: It's a Team without a single Uber (*gasp*)

Exo-Raikou

It's over. I'm sorry, but it's over.
During my overly long vacation, I decided to try and completely redo a Team, and this was the result I got:

482-3.png

Held Item: Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Attack, 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Psychic
Fire Blast

This is one of the many newcomers that I've yet to test out, despite the fact that I went through hell and back just to catch one of these with the right nature. While its first two moves are cut-and-dried, I'm still on the fence on what the last two should be, so for now, they are what you are seeing.

242_blissey_1_f.png

Held Item: Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense
Moves:
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Seismic Toss

It seems that Blissey will always end up on whatever team I run. I've gone over this one before, so there's no need to explain her again.

Spr_4p_488.png

Held Item: Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Special Defense, 252 Defense
Moves:
Thunder Wave
Refelct
Moonlight
Ice Beam

I still like this wall. As with Blissey, I've explained how Cress works, so there's no need to do so again

130-3.png

Held Item: Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Speed, 252 Attack
Moves:
Payback
Earthquake
Waterfall
Ice Fang

Now we start getting into the new guys. This is one that I've only tested somewhat, but I must admit I am very satisfied with the results. The four moves it has are diverse enough for it to Choice Sweep until it gets mauled, but before it comes to that I'll switch it out for this next one:

121-3.png

Held Item: Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 Special Defense
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin

I couldn't help but notice that my team lacked a Rapid Spinner, and since I also required a Special Sweeper, I decided to combine the two into this one Starmie. The four special moves are for coverage, and Rapid Spin speaks for itself. Like most of my new guys, I've yet to test this in competitive play.

212-3.png

Held Item: Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Bug Bite

The final member of my team is this guy. I'm pretty satisfied with how he turned out, given that it was a chore to find him. The moveset is fairly simple, with Swords Dance for power boosts and everything else for STAB and coverage.

I haven't played competitively in a long time, so I hope this turns out well. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that Bullet Punch Scizor is quite cheap, the team looks pretty good.

You may want to edit Azelf to deal with common leads though, such as Aerodactyl.

@ sreservoir: I didn't know battle simulators were out there. What one would you recommend?

@ Mustardear: It's supposed to be Attack. I must have forgotten to change it when I pasted it from Blissey

@ superbird: Depending on which leads are the most common, I might think of implementing something like Thunderbolt just so it can take care of Aerodactyl

I've tested my team multiple times of Pokemon Online (why doesn't tcod have a server there?) and I've found that Azelf as a lead... doesn't really work with the rest of my team. S instead, I give you this:

142.png

Held Item: Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Rock Slide
Earthquake

I really like this guy, or at least, my tests of this guy. He can outspeed most other leads, has at least one turn to set up Stealth Rock, and his moves pack a decent punch as well. Not much else to say about him

Back
Top Bottom