• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open (Role-play) Pokemon Battle of the Kingdoms

CJBlazer

Where have I been at?
The dawn of morning appeared over the plains of Embryon and Amber opened her eyes wearily. Getting up from the bed of rocks and stretching, Amber walked over to the edge of the rock bed to gaze upon the plains that made up her kingdom. Countless Pokemon made their home here. Amber could even see outlines of the Mountain Kingdom from her mountain home.

"Your majesty, may I have audience with you?" a voice from behind her startled her and she turned around to see a Rogastar kneeling before her.

"Oh, good morning, Jacen," said Amber. "You may speak with me." The Rogastar nodded and stood up.

"Your majesty, there are reports that High King Joran has been murdered," reported Jacen. "He was found dead in Isengard with multiple cuts over his body."

"What?" asked Amber, becoming serious. "Who did it? Which kingdom is responsible?"

"Nobody knows," said Jacen. "The new High King has declared himself such after the death. He goes by the name of Nightmane, though we haven't seen him and the Royal Guards seem to have taken an oath of secrecy."

"Hmmm, bring in the Elite Squadron," said Amber, turning around to gaze at the mountains from afar. "Its time we had a chat with the other kingdoms. We shall start with perhaps with Michael first.":

Rose saw the sun in her eyes. She shielded her eyes with her tail, and got up. "Ahh.. Such a nice day..." Rose said, walking over to the edge of the cliff that kept all of the Dark, Psychic, and Ghost-types plunged in darkness. "Ruler? We have some news..." An Umbreon said, a bunch of Ghost-types following. "Yes? What is it?" Rose said, somewhat worried. "High King Joran is dead. And a new high king is ruling, but no one knows who or what the new high king is." The Umbreon replied. "WHAT!?" Rose said, fur on end. "Do we know a name for this, king?" Rose asked unhappily. "We heard it was Nightmane." The Umbreon said, half scared. "Thank you. Send out morning patrols and hunting groups. Make sure to tell me if anything else happens." Rose said. "Yes ma'am. May Arceus watch over us all." Umbreon said, going back down the cliff. I hope this wasn't another kingdom's fault...

"You mean, Michael of the Forest Kingdom," said Jacen, confused. "Aren't they the peaceful nation?"

"Yeah, perhaps, but they are still under suspicion," replied Amber. "If it turns out the Forsest Kingdom isn't responisible, then I will go after the Shadow Kingdom. Sure, Rose and I were friends, but if someone murdered the High King, then every kingdom is responsible. Now, go and fetch the Elite Squadron. NOW!!!"

"Yes, your majesty," said Jacen, getting up and leaving though the hole made in the cavern-like mountain home. Within less than 5 minutes, Jacen returned, flanked by 5 Monfernos, six Blazikens, and a Combuskan.

"Greetings, my Elites," said Amber once they all kneeled down in respect. "The time of war has approached. You twelve are my best fighters. You have a mission. 6 of you shall join Jacen in a mission to the Unknown lands where you will meet with Shadow Queen Rose while the other six shall meet with Forest King Michael. Don't fight, however, until they attack you."

"We shall not fail you," said one of the Blazikens.

"I wonder... If Amber finds out about this..." Rose said before complete shock hit her. She ran to the highest point on her wall-cliff and called out her gathering cry. "EVERONE! TO BASE CAMP!" Rose called out. She knew some of her subjects didn't like the Volcano kingdom and may attack. Her subjects gathered, and once all Shadow pokemon came, she started. "We are going to have other kingdoms pokemon come to check on us!" Rose said as the pokemon started crying out about this. "We shall not attack! No bloodshed TODAY! We will treat them with hospitality! If ANY POKEMON ATTACKS, they will answer to ME! Do you understand!" Rose yelled. "YES MA'AM!" The Shadow pokemon said. "Now! Go out, hunt for our guests! And patrol for the incoming pokemon! Go, NOW!" Rose said, hopping off the ledge and walking back to her room.

Jacen nodded and with three Monfernos, the one Combuskan, and two Blazikens following him, the ninja left the room and followed the rocky tunnel to the exit into the plains. "Okay, elites, I shall prepare a Shadow Dash. Each of us grab one another."

The elites obeyed and as soon as each of them had the connection, Jacen closed his eyes. First, his mind became focused on the energy flowing out of each elite and the connecting poins between them. Then he let his mind drift off and become focused on a certain area that he remembered was part of the Shadow Kingdom. "Shadow Dash!" Jacen whispered. Suddenly, the seven of them disappeared in a cloud of darkness.

When they reappeared, they were in a open field. Jacen let go and was panting hard on the ground. When he looked up, an espeon was standing at the top of a rock with a crowd below it. "Thats Rose." said Jacen

Rose twitched. "They are here. I hope my subjects don't fail me." Rose said, lying down. "Aww, I wanted that Pidgey!" An Eevee said, face-full of feathers. She hoped over a small hill and saw some fire-types. "Ah! I think miss ruler wanted some pokemon like that! Hay! You pokemon! Can you come with me please!? Miss ruler wants you!" The Eevee said as she hopped happily over to the weird pokemon.

The sunlight filtered through the trees of Michael's home in the forest. When he finishes streching, his purple and blue flames flare out and his faithful Lilligagnt approaches.

"Lord Michael, the High King Joran is dead. His body was found with multiple cuts and the new High King has declared himself. His name is... Nightmane."

"What?!" Michael is shocked. "Which kingdom!? Was it the Hydro Kingdom?"

"No one knows, Lord. There are speculations, but they haven't been confirmed."

"Okay, calm and relaxation. Gather the Ninjask squad. They need to help us. Bring me the Mienshao team, too."

"As you wish." The Lilligant bows out and goes of in search.

"I can't believe this," Michael thinks to himself.

Gruff woke in his cave on one of the islands of the Hydro Kingdom. Despite it being a semi-tropical location, it was cold, just how he liked it. He'd practically frozen the whole island with ice and snow just to suit him, being the Ruler, he decided he at least had the right. Nonetheless, he made sure it was suitable for all his subjects, and he knew just how much was right or wrong. He got up and went to walk outside when a Spheal rolled in, panicing.

"Ruler, Ruler! High King Joran is dead! Something named Nightmane declared himself High King in his place! No one knows anything more! Some shore-dwellers near the other kingdoms heard rumors of doubt and treachery!" The Spheal blabbed out. Gruff simply held up a paw. "Say no more, young one. I understand. This is quite disturbing... I do hope that the Volcano kingdom is not the first to search for traitors among the kingdoms..." He growled quietly after the comment about the fiery kingdom. He did not like them, but he knew not to instigate. "Gather a team of Lapras and Wailmer to wait by the mainland shores and watch for emissaries to bring to me." The Spheal simply wiggled and rolled away.

Gruff sat down in his cave, clearly distraught. This was not good. It was only a matter of time before chaos.

Jacen passed out after using most of his energy had been depleted with the Shadow Dash. Fainted, he suddenly arrived in a dream-like area.

In the dream, the Rogastar found himself in a rocky field. Lava flowed down a small stream nearby. He had no idea where he was, but he was sure it was somewhere in the Volcano kingdom.

"Hello, Rogastar," a voice etched in the back of Jacen's neck. Jace spun around to see Amber walking out of the stream of lava and giving a small grin.

"Amber, what is going on?" asked Jacen. Amber chuckled.

"I am not your queen," replied the Houndoom. "I am your enemy." Suddenly, without warning, the hound pounced straight at the ninja, transforming into an Espeon in midair and then into a shadowy beast as it continued ripping Jacen into shreds."

Jacen bursted awake, glad that the dream was over. The elites were around him, probably to help him.

The Lilligant returns, 8 Ninjask and 8 Mienshao following. "Michael," the Lilligant begins, "Which team shall go where?"

"I want the Ninjask Team to head to the Shadow Kingdom and meet with the Leader there. Send the Mienshao Team to the Volcano Kingdom, we need to meet with Amber. Harlin, head off with the Mienshao Team. You may hate fire, but you must carry the audience with Amber."

The Lilliant bows, "As you wish." A shudder tears through her body as she walks out with the Mienshao. She watches the Ninjask fly off. "Alright Mienshao, lets head off."

"Mister pokemon? HEY! Are you even listening!?" The Eevee said, annoyed. "Come with me! Miss Rose want you guys!" The Eevee said.

Gruff paced his cave on the main island of the Glastron Isles, then turned as the Spheal came rolling back in. "Are the Lapras and Wailmer gathered?" He asked. The Spheal replied, "I brought them to you, they are at the shoreline of your island!" Gruff grunted with a nod, grabbed his makeshift scepter, and walked out to the shore. The line of 5 Lapras bowed, and the line of 6 Wailmer gave a short spout at his presence. He looked to them, and then spoke.

"The kingdoms are in turmoil, and the High King is dead. I'm expecting that there's going to be emissaries from at least one kingdom that will want to have my audience at some point. I want you all to go to the shore of the mainland and wait, and give a ride to any who wish to speak with me," he stated. "Also, look for Frost. He's usually on the mainland, and I must speak with him."

The 11 Pokemon swam off, and the Spheal bounced at Gruff's feet. "Anything else, your majesty?" He asked. Gruff nodded, and said, "Check my island for Frost. He frequents here as well." The Spheal rolled off with an acknowledging sound. Gruff walked back into his cave and went back to pacing and thinking.

Jace got up and followed the Eevee to the ruler. "Hey, I have a name you know, Eevee," said Jacen. "Its Jacen." Then Jace turned to the Elites. "You guys stay here. Don't cause any trouble, okay?

Jacen eventually reached the Espeon and knelt down before the ruler of the Shadow Kingdom. "Greetings, Ruler Rose, I am Jacen, Amber's Ambassador. I came to ask if you are reponsible for the death of the High King. If you are, then I am sure this won't be peacable. I realize you and Amber have been friends and allies for a long time. I come in peace, but not if you killed him."

"I am not the High Rulers assassin." Rose answered. "Are you sure Amber isn't?" Rose asked. "We have to be wary of anyone." Rose said.

"Amber could not have done it," said Jacen thoughtfully. 'I am a Rogastar and you and Amber carry no dark aura. Perhaps me and you could work together. I will ask you, shall we be allies during this war or not?"

Suddenly, a huge Earthquake erupted underneath their feet and Jace rolled out the way just in time. In the place where Jacen was standing, an Excadrill rose up from the ground and unfolded from Drill mode. Jacen recognized the Excadrill right away. That was Minor, ruler of the Mountain Kingdom.

"Hello, Ruler Rose," said Minor. "Its time we take down the assassin of the High King." Minor then folded back into Drill Mode and then rushed towards Rose with a Drill Run Attack.

"Rose, watch out," Jacen called, unsheathing his arm blades and stepping in front of Minor. He crossed the arm-blades and Minor slammed into an aura shield. "So, Minor, if its a battle you want, then a battle you get. Elites!!!"

"I wouldn't waste time calling them," said Minor. "They are being kept busy by my army."

Last edited:
Blade the Dewott dozed off on an ice floe, and his lovely dream of flying around the region was interrupted by sunlight pouring onto his face. He groggily got up, and looked around, seeing the calm waters around him, and he slid off the ice floe, diving into the water. He relished the feeling of being underwater, and swam at a steady speed, towards the land. A few minutes later, the Dewott emergeed from the water, and quickly sprinted on all fours towards the mainland. He stood up, and walked casually around. Then, he overheard a Spheal muttering to himself about the death of the High King, and knew something was up. So, he walked to Gruff's cave, and stood there, pondering on whether he should head in, or just mind his own business and go away.

(oh, whoa!!! I haven't been on and I am behind)

Lance was perched on the top of a tree. There was a great group of warriors already grouped together from all over the kingdoms. There were about 10 Staraptors, 15 Pidgeots, and even two Charizards standing in the camp. Being that the Cloud Kingdom was vast and nomadic, Lance was pleased to have found this group.

"Listen, warriors of the Cloud," called Lance with a deep voice. "We stand in the Forest Kingdom. Today, the invasion of the Forest Kingdom begins. They shall pay for what they did to the High King."

There were squaks of joy coming from the Pidgeots and Staraptors as they raised their wings to the sky. The Charizards made a low growl.

Frost sighed as he mediatated in the barren section of the Glastron Island. The capital of the kingdom was nearby, but he didn't want to go there. He had heard the news of High King Joran. Of course, Ruler Gruff would blame the Volcano Kingdom. Of that, Frost had no doubt. He was the best warrior, so there was no doubt that that old bear would come looking for him.

Sighing yet again, Forst stood up and then began walking towards the capital. He soon arrived at Gruff's cave and shouted, "Hello, umm, Gruff, Frost here. I am guessing you called me." Frost entered the cave and knelt down before Gruff.

Last edited:
Lance, the Blaziken trudged from Amber's palace with the other half of the squadron. He had hoped he didn't have to go all the way to the forest kingdom just to talk to Ruler Michael.

About an hour of walking, Lance noticed a group of 8 Meinshoo coming from the forest and walked over to them. "Greetings," the Blaziken called walking over to the Meinshoo. "You must be from the Forest Kingdom. Where is your king so we may speak to him?

Gruff stopped pacing as Frost walked in and knelt before him. He looked toward Frost, though not at him, clearly still thinking. He then looked down at Frost and nodded. He gave a short wave for Frost to rise before speaking.

"I did call for you, Frost. You are my best warrior, and I have need of you. However, this will not be for battle in any way, at least, if it is not necessary," he looked away, taking a step. "I do not blame any of the other kingdoms, as I prefer not to pit myself into bias... but I have my suspicions nonetheless."

He turned and paced the other way, stopping in front of Frost and looking down to him. "I want you to gather a small group of our warriors, those who can go on land, and travel to the mainland. I will call a group to take you there so you don't have to swim, as I know how much you don't like being in the water," he said, chuckling. "Split the group once there. Send some to the Volcano Kingdom, and you lead the rest to the Forest. The Forest Kingdom is the first place I want diplomacy with, seeing as I know they'd be likely to suspect us first. I want to try and quell the suspicions of others while I quell my own.

Now, go. Be quick on your feet with this, time is of the essence. It won't be long before all out war could be upon us." He gave a bow, and then nodded his head toward the entrance of the cave. "Dismissed."

The Dewott made up his mind, and cautiously entered the cave, and abruptly stopped when he saw an Artice and a Beartic. He overheard their conversation, and Gruff's orders, and stepped out from his hiding place and walked towards the King and knelt down. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, and I have a vague idea of what's going on. But anyhow, may I volunteer for this?" Blade asked, looking up at the Beartic.

Back
Top Bottom