• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rules of Good Roleplay Etiquette [7/19/08]

Tailsy: At the moment, I don't think I'd mind.
Yeh cannibal! D:<

Akesh: Agreed. Or the wanna-bes, like me. xD

Deretto and Link: Mm, yes, that is a good point. I think I'll go edit it. Actually, screw thinking, I WILL go edit it...

A good rule of thumb, which I think shouldn't have to be said, except that I am saying it is:

Don't take on more than you can handle.
Don't just start signing up of every role-play you think sounds fun, make sure that you can have meaningful character development in all your RP's that you participate in. If that means restricting yourself to one at a time, then so be it.

Where would one go about getting a piece of work that infringes on the copyright of a corporation?

Currently, Natrelmon, a thread that was stolen from the Runescape Forums, infringes on a copyright of the concept by Jagex. While I don't claim to represent them, it should be removed.

I cannot prove I am the original author, but I do ask it is removed (irregardless, it is illegal) and have reported the post both to Jagex and the admins of this site. I am highly angered by this as timestamps on the Natrelmon thread on Runescape Forums outdates the date of the account that stole Natrelmon... >.>

He's even been updating the material as I post it.

I will say though, there is grounds for legal action though, should someone wish to pursue it.

Actually, I do think that we can prove that we are the original authors, depending on how much proof you require.

We can edit some of the random reserves we have on Natrelmon to say that we are "AVeryPissedGirl" and "Innue" on another site where Natrelmon has been stolen and then link some administrator here to that page.

As my username states, I am quite angry about the copying of my work.

I am sorry someone stole your work and happy it was easily resolved.

For future reference:

It is a lot more efficient to PM an admin and tell them about the issue - reporting the post is okay, but usually you'll get a faster response with a PM.

It is, however, entirely unhelpful to post in two separate threads in a huff, especially when the two posts say the same thing.

It is extremely unhelpful to start resolving the issue by threatening people with legal action, especially when the threat is as empty as they get. No lawyer would touch a case like this.

Plus, you know, politeness tends to go a long way.

Natrelmon is over a year of my time. It is *VERY* irritating to have it stolen like this. I tried PMing an Admin, but that didn't seem to have gotten anywhere, or there was an error in the messaging page.

However, I will state two things - it is illegal for this to be used and there is legal standing with it, would it chose to be pursued. Not only do the backlogs of another website prove ownership, as well our own personal data, but there is a DIRECT statement of copyright on the RuneScape Forums. I talked to one of their staff regarding the issue on whether or not I could claim copyright infringement right away (a subnote, all things that you write are copywritten, thus as long as you can prove you are the owner, it is copyright infringement. However, in this case, it was clearly expressed on the website it was taken from that all contents of the forums are copyright of Jagex Ltd.).

As well, I did not threaten with legal action, I merely stated that SHOULD someone chose to pursue it, there is legal standing for such a thing. Just because we are in the age of copying and pasting, doesn't mean the laws haven't kept up with this. As for a lawyer taking the case, not all courtroom cases require a lawyer. Self representation of the facts and precedents is not entirely uncommon. However, it does seem the issue will be resolved quite easily.

And for that, I am truly happy. I do apologize if it seemed harsh for us to come into here and post about this, but for anyone who has spent that much time on a project, it is VERY irritating to see it used without your consent. As well, this is not the first time we've had this very same issue, albeit elsewhere. As for why we posted in multiple areas, we were making sure it was visible.

I've been logging the activity on this forum and relative to what I am use to, it is much slower. There is a sense of urgency with this, partially because I am trying to work in tandem with other people and corporations. That is all it was.

Should Dragonflycave wish to have Natrelmon as a roleplaying thread, I would be happy to oblige when I have the time. However, as it stands, I can barely keep up with what I am doing now. My degree pursuits have taken up a lot of my time as I just transferred schools to get a more reputable degree to give me a better standing for when I go to graduate school, most likely in pursuit of patent law (there is an apparent shortage of this). I would also have to confer with my remaining project partner on whether or not she would want to do this.

I harbor no ill will or grudge against this forum, but I think all writers share detest of those that try to take what is not theirs to take. Of all things that can be stolen, we probably have one of the easiest things to have stolen.

I do want to commend all of you for so promptly handling this issue. I do appreciate it! These forums are alien to me and the controls are strikingly different from what I am used to. I'll make sure my project partner sees that you handled the issue well. If there is any information you could provide regarding who stole our work, that would also be appreciated since it is clearly someone with access to our forums and who has knowledge of the existence of the thread on the RuneScape Forums. I'd very much like to know who tried to steal it to prevent such things from happening again.

Last edited:
Which link? Look up Springhole.net for the main post links.

The person who started this thread was last active in 2009, I think it's fair to say she's not going to update the post.

Nonetheless, I updated the Springhole links. All the ones I saw, anyway; I might have missed some.

Back
Top Bottom