• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sutoraiku High

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
Last year, I released a demo version of my magnum opus, Sutoraiku High, a visual novel about drama, friendships, prejudice, bullying, total societal upheaval, and high school romance, with an anticipated release date of April 2020. I am happy to announce that today is April 2020, and accordingly, you can now finally play the full story of Sutoraiku High, complete with full-color character portraits, four in-game days of content, even more dramatic twists, eight endings, and obnoxiously complicated branching.

The game is currently in open beta, as I anticipate expanding on it later with a couple of additional endings, more character expressions, and possibly music, additional art, etc. However, to honor the announced release date, I have chosen to make this initial full-story release in this form.

(Please note that this full version of the story contains a bit more violence and some darker themes than were seen in the demo. Let's call it a PG-13.)

I am so excited to play this, and absolutely thrilled you went back to complete it!!

I'm really enjoying it so far!! my first route was revolution, and I managed to successfully run away to the mountains a few times, so now my goal is to try and get everyone to a happy ending (even if shadowdart is. not amenable)

I really like the overall theme that focusing on one character overall can be not necessarily the best or healthiest option for anyone involved! the fact that you get better results when you draw connections between more characters and nudge them into reaching out and working together feels really wholesome and important. I also definitely appreciate that I don't have to go for the romance to get the most complete ending, or in fact any kind of additional content! most appealing dating game I've played ever, basically

I'm really enjoying it so far!! my first route was revolution, and I managed to successfully run away to the mountains a few times, so now my goal is to try and get everyone to a happy ending (even if shadowdart is. not amenable)

I really like the overall theme that focusing on one character overall can be not necessarily the best or healthiest option for anyone involved! the fact that you get better results when you draw connections between more characters and nudge them into reaching out and working together feels really wholesome and important. I also definitely appreciate that I don't have to go for the romance to get the most complete ending, or in fact any kind of additional content! most appealing dating game I've played ever, basically
Ahh, I'm glad you enjoy that aspect! I really enjoyed working with the interconnections between the characters and making your actions have more interesting consequences than just giving you more points with the character in question.

I've just upgraded the engine the game runs on to the latest beta release, which has some new quality of life features including a quick skip by holding down the spacebar and a log of what's been said; I hope this makes the game a little nicer to play. I also fixed a couple of bugs in the script (where character sprites would overlap, the expression displayed wasn't right, etc.).

I've found 7 endings so far...
Defeat Leader Ending - Choose to help Nightmare on Day 3 after talking to her/Sickle and Shadowdart previously.
Mountains Ending - Talk to Nightmare/Sickle on both Days 1 and 2.
Mountains Ending w/ Razor/Stormblade - Choose to help Nightmare and stay with Sickle on Day 3 after talking to her/Sickle and Razor/Stormblade previously.
Razor/Stormblade/Shadowdart Ending - Choose to talk with Razor/Stormblade on Day 3 after having talked to Shadowdart previously.
Razor/Stormblade Neutral Ending - Choose to talk with Razor/Stormblade on Day 3, without having talked to Shadowdart previously.
Shadowdart Bad Ending - Talk to Shadowdart on both Days 1 and 2, and choose not to open up to him on Day 2.
Shadowdart Neutral Ending - Talk to Shadowdart on both Days 1 and 2, but choose to open up to him on Day 2.
??? - Haven't found this yet, but I hope it's the happiest ending. There's a legitimate very large chance that it's just not, though, since I already got some pretty good endings for each character, just not at the same time.
I haven't rigorously tested the boundaries of these conditions, so they may be a bit off.

P-Edit: On my first playthrough of the game, I hung out with Stormblade. He's just so nice...

Last edited:
I only just now realized that the sythers have all the names and similar personalities too actually of the scythers from The Quest for the legends.

Or would it be Scyther? Or would it be Scythers? Aaaah- what's the plural of scyther?

Yup, they're based on the Scyther from TQftL. This is an alternate universe, though; things played out a good bit differently in this version of the story, though there are similarities.

In this universe they go to school but in the other one the world is ending
but it didn't of course
It's say the school one would be preferable if i were a scyther, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom