• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

I feel like it's frankly a hard sell that kokorico was vigged/A Gunned by a town player. sure, aspersions were cast on em throughout the Day, but I feel like EoD and Trebek's flip makes it very difficult to sustain those suspicions for anyone who was paying attention. that said, a thought occours to me: I was about to say the same of Seshas, but... she did, for whatever undiscernible reason, switch the vote from Trebek to herself in the last moments of the day; while I feel like that reads most intuitively as either an incomprehensible joke or the consequence of believing Trebek's roleclaim and assuming his role was more useful (although that would be... also incomprehensible), I suppose it's not necessarily a surprise if someone out there took that for an attempt at sneaky jesterplay and delivered the adequate response

at least, now we know exactly why rari_teh bit it first
how does this connect to trebek for you?
other than that his usertitle is, best as I understand, a direct expression of disbelief at being outplayed by rari_teh at cats mafia? although for all I know that's an inside joke I'm completely not privy to

i hadn’t thought of this but thinking about it now i don’t think it’s likely; if either seshas or koko already had a sword yesterDay i don’t think they would’ve treated uc the way they did
come to think of it, kokorico's table of reactions to mr. ultracool (#262) might come in really handy now, huh?
I remember giving it a new glance at nighttime, but all I really extracted was that trebek's stance seems amusingly convenient in retrospect. discourage lynching mr. ultracool, but also try to steer town away from acquiring A Gun for themselves. that does, at least, mean that trebek probably did believe in mr. ultracool's claim, and in the possibility of exploiting it; which would thus exclude the scenario where mr. ultracool is in-group mafia completely fabricating the claim. but eh, my top suspicion of him is of being third-party scum, anyway

@M&F i'm curious what info you got out of the trebek lynch! you seemed to think his flip would be illuminating somehow iirc?
it was a bit of a hasty decision, but as far as I was seeing at that point in the thread, it seemed like you were often defending him and also like kokorico was out for his blood, so I figured one of you two would come out of it looking worse depending on what he flipped. ... it sure isn't fun that the player I'd have potentially cleared by this process was subsequently killed, although that's just an additional reason why eir death sucks. (the original reason is still only for Later)

I suppose this is a good segue to explain to the class why I'm parked on you as we speak. (incidentally, that's another sentence that would sound fantastic out of context). I feel like, throughout D1, you were making these multiple noncommittal micropushes, like you were reading a lot of people as schrödinger's alignment, and only properly dove into any of them if someone else agreed with you. sure, that's possible to chalk up to insecurity, but it's at least as easy to chalk up to fishing for wagon. (and I mean, at some point back there all of us were indeed frantic for an even halfway good idea for a lynch, but I specifically allude to some practice of gauging one's apparent suspicion of someone to the likelihood that they will be lynched)

additionally, there were some interactions between you, kyeugh, and trebek which smacked to me distinctively of the wolfslash. lots of building up each other's suspicions of seshas and kokorico, and the occasional defense of trebek... now, one might argue that you changing your read on trebek was the point that really pivoted the lynch against him, but I think it's also a highly plausible bit of bussing. one, because the wagon on him might have seemed worse than it was at the time you switched, because keeping the votes straight in that EoD was a nightmare (and indeed, kyeugh took a count herself at one point); and two, because trebek openly waffling about whether to vote in self-defense could have been the point where his scumbuddies go "welp, he's not surviving that move, best I make swift time on taking the credit for burying him over it".

now, all of that said, there are a couple things that make me a little more hesitant about these suspicions. the first:
if there was more than one minute left i might switch to kokorico.
bussing your scumbuddy and proceeding to pretend it was a borderline accident would be a bold move to say the least;

and also, my faith in my ability to toneread is very limited, but mewtini does sound remarkably different toDay, more genuinely solvy. and less stressed! which, yeah, there are external reasons why that changed, but it also serves to ease my suspicions that the previous stress might also have been because, usually, being scum is pretty stressful

8x6y2qlf5b951.jpg

I come bearing snek
If you are trying to curry my favor

It's working

I only have like a couple of thoughts so far about what's gone on this evening: I kinda feel like RNP/Stryke's whole... *gestures at them* is not game-relevant and I'm inclined to just skip past it and not even try to make any reads. when the two of them interact with each other, they're just Them regardless of whether they are in or out of a game.
talkin shit?

here's an opinion

IndigoEmmy is not making the effort to post that she usually makes as town and I think there's enough lack of investment to not be able to chalk it up to something game-related

and also, my faith in my ability to toneread is very limited, but mewtini does sound remarkably different toDay, more genuinely solvy. and less stressed! which, yeah, there are external reasons why that changed, but it also serves to ease my suspicions that the previous stress might also have been because, usually, being scum is pretty stressful
tbqh my tone difference/improvement? toDay is due to irl stuff/having had time to actually read through, and not really AI :'D

(also i'm not ignoring the rest of your post, i just don't really like talking about reads on myself, lol)
IndigoEmmy is not making the effort to post that she usually makes as town and I think there's enough lack of investment to not be able to chalk it up to something game-related
yeah, i understand this ... but also think she has some irl stuff going on that makes me not want to push her yet

the stress d1 was largely that i had like 3 cumulative hours to try to process everything, as opposed to how i normally spend hours combing the thread :(

(also i'm not ignoring the rest of your post, i just don't really like talking about reads on myself, lol)
yeah, i understand this ... but also think she has some irl stuff going on that makes me not want to push her yet
that's fair I guess

I just wanna see if I can poke her into doing a little bit more though it may be because of what happened last time we left an afk alone

tbqh my tone difference/improvement? toDay is due to irl stuff/having had time to actually read through, and not really AI :'D
exactly! non-alignment-indicative is an improvement over potentially scummy-

and I guess that about reads on oneself is fair, and composing a longform read in second person was perhaps not the best writing decision I've made today. mind if I press you on a read on kyeugh, though?

fine
  • mewtini
  • mf
  • stryke
  • jack
  • keldeo
  • me!!! :)
  • butterfree (this one is extremely tenuous)
meh
  • emmy
  • herbe
  • mist
  • storm
  • uc
  • rnp
  • zm
that meh list is much longer than i would like tbh. it was a bit narrower in my head which is why i landed on herbe. not really sure of a better place to vote though, hm. i keep going back and forth on storm.

hm.

yunno, my plan isn't working as... planned.

herbe, i'm lifting the rule that says you can't discuss it.

come to think of it, kokorico's table of reactions to mr. ultracool (#262) might come in really handy now, huh?
I remember giving it a new glance at nighttime, but all I really extracted was that trebek's stance seems amusingly convenient in retrospect. discourage lynching mr. ultracool, but also try to steer town away from acquiring A Gun for themselves. that does, at least, mean that trebek probably did believe in mr. ultracool's claim, and in the possibility of exploiting it; which would thus exclude the scenario where mr. ultracool is in-group mafia completely fabricating the claim. but eh, my top suspicion of him is of being third-party scum, anyway
hm, yeah... i think this is a good look for mr. ultracool honestly. i'm not closed to him being scum, but if he is i think his role is probably made up. conversely if he's not scum i think his role is likely to be real? i'm not super buying an alternate world here where his role is real but he's third party and has some kind of weird win condition. not impossible but i don't really see any reason to believe that in particular. so given the way trebek treated him, i think i'm actually feeling better about him than not for now. i somewhat doubt their dynamic was distancing.

I feel like I might be coming across like I'm unwilling to genuinely push on mewtini despite the entire scumread, but I guess what it comes down to is that I'm unwilling to be mean to be mewtini when I'm not roasting her-

I'm just fortunate I don't have a read on herbe yet

my ability allows me to create a set of rules for you. von made sure that i knew that i could rescind the rules when i want.

the other ones are still in effect, tho

i.e. you still have to make due on yr other obligation

thats honestly so cool a role. so i'm still doing the thing, but i can now discuss why i'm doing the thing freely?

Back
Top Bottom