• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blaguarro Town Terminal Two Main Floor

Koa's gaze briefly flicked to the doors that shut, locking him in. For a moment he was back in the circle of fire with Alex, trapped. No way out.

Except this time he wasn't alone.

A growl built in his throat as he scanned the room, quickly taking in the battlefield. That voice... Ein? So he was behind the forcefield. Their attacks would be useless if they couldn't stop him. If he could find a way... "Cowards," he snarled. He fired off several more rapid blasts of electricity in an attempt to stun anyone within range.

"Seth, how do we get to the control room?"

"Now will you prove valour by bearing your fangs to fight, or will you sit behind behind that barrier to bore us with your vapid blathering?"

"Valour? Why, madam, I don't believe I ever claimed to have any. The Cipher Syndicate are not in the business of 'honour' or 'nobility'. Now, kindly allow my colleagues to remove you from the premises, or your souls from your corpses – whichever you prefer."

The voice on the intercom laughed again, with a crackle of static and electronic feedback.

"Ah, but I must thank you offworlders for bringing yourselves here! We have had other, more important concerns, and it is most convenient to dispose of you in-house before you become enough of an irritant to notice."

"They sure do like to talk! So, are we going for the eel or the ape first?"

"Neither," growled Seth. "The dog oughta be the priority. Ein – Manectric Ein – is holed up in the base's control room. We need to get to him."

Cipher Admin Ein is operating the Control Room. Every turn that he is left to his own devices, he will use his actions for the turn to activate the facility's various defences.

The security doors between you and the Control Room can be broken with one or two powerful attacks.

"Seth, how do we get to the control room?"

The Lycanroc pointed ahead of the party, behind the Cipher admins and their peons.

"Through that door, then the next on on the left. I think."

The fighting had begun in earnest, and the melée with the footsoldiers was strongly in the Wayfarers' favour, even this early into the fight. It wouldn't do to get comfortable, though. Their real test of strength would be the leadership – the admins, Venus, Dakim and Ein.

Dakim sunk one fist into his other palm, and a glittering barrier appeared around him. Venus tossed her serpentine head and called out with a long, high note, and Dakim's fierce gaze become more intense than ever. He'd be a dangerous opponent to get in the way of...

Dakim used Protect!
Dakim ate his Violent Seed!
Dakim used his Weather Orb! It became sunny indoors!
Venus used Dragon Cheer! Dakim's focus tightened!
Venus ate her Reflex Seed!
Venus used her Protect Orb!

There must be a limit to how much use Cipher can make of that energy barrier. Otherwise, they would certainly keep it up at all times... Perhaps it requires a great deal of power, and/or it has the downside of not allowing their own attacks through...?

" So, are we going for the eel or the ape first?"
Wes snarled. “Who gives a shit? Give them both hell!”

He was all but prepared to launch himself at the barrier and slash and tear away until it broke. Something about these two and their haughty smirks and jeering voices lit a fire of seething hatred within him that Wes hadn’t experienced in a long, long time. He wanted to shatter that damn shield and personally take them apart limb by limb—

"Oh, my dear Seth Lycas," came a voice that enunciated each syllable as if rehearsed. "Did you genuinely expect that you could simply waltz back into this facility without me detecting you? This gaggle of lackeys you've acquainted yourself with shall make no difference. Have you also become acquainted with their noble ideals? I expect not. You are, as always... merely a kicked dog. Allow me to ensure you perish like one."
But there was nothing that could have prepared him for that voice.

The second it kicked on over the intercom, Wes staggered, heart in his throat. Flickering images assaulted his vision, and with them came a rush of terror and rage so potent he all but forgot where he was.

A haunting sneer and gleaming, icy eyes—
Shrieks of agonized Pokémon from all sides, reverberating through his skull—
Flashes of metal tools and tables, needles and restraints—
And above all, a woman’s single, drawn out, agonized scream that was as horrifying as it was familiar—

Ein.

He returned to himself with a shuddering gasp and snapped his head around, scanning the place for an entry into the control room with a crazed sort of focus. Damn the two bastards in front of them; Seth was right about who the real threat here was.

And Wes would get to him first. To hell with his teammates, with the plan, with any of it. He was going to find that bastard and

Make. Him. Bleed.

Of all things, a strange Protect-like shield was not what Isidora was expecting to stop their attacks. With all the tech at play, things were rapidly leaving the realm of things she could understand. All she could do was focus on keeping the grunts at bay, while she listened to Seth and Betel's explanation and tried to make sense of it. "Why'd they put a dog on controls?!"

Whatever, focus. She had already taken measure of the leaders. Red darmanitan looks like some kinda fire variant. I don't recognize the snake. She's playing support for him, and it's in her best interest to: darmanitan is a bigger threat to our formation. Truthfully, it didn't look very good. The darmanitan would hit like a sledgehammer and was a significant threat even without allies supporting him. Seth's plan looks ideal. We'll have to be careful, but they at least have one disadvantage.

These were fake pokémon, taking the skin of those they oppressed to commit greater harm. At worst they possessed raw strength and nothing more. A flare of righteous anger burnt up in Isidora's chest. These bastards deserved everything coming to them and more.

Last edited:
"Everyone," Mhynt said slowly, "do not lose yourselves when facing a source of Shadows. It will consume you. Control yourselves and focus on the target. Is that clear?" She spoke with greater conviction this time, eyeing those who were already losing their cool. But they were in a hideout, in their territory. They could not afford recklessness.

"Find Ein," Mhynt said. "Then... I will do my part. If you cannot find him, then at least destroy the barriers in the way so I can distract them." She drew out her scarf, enchanted to hide her from attention, and found a dark place to concentrate and strike.

[To be done after everyone else goes]

Mhynt (122 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- **Act:** RADIANT Focus (+5 TMP)
- STRONG RADIANT Toxic @ Dakim & Venus (-30 STM, Rogue Feat, -8 TMP, +4 TMP, +20 RAD)
- **Act:** Item (Cacnea Spike) @ Dakim
- Acrobatics @ Dakim (-13 STM, +2 TMP)
Net change: -43 STM, +3 TMP, +0 SHD, +20 RAD
Net totals: 79 STM (109 after regen), 8 TMP, 0 SHD, 20 RAD
(TAKE COVER)

Mhynt (122 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Teleport (-20 STM, +2 TMP)
- **Act:** SHADOW Focus (+5 TMP)
- STRONG SHADOW Toxic @ Ein (-30 STM, +4 TMP, +20 SHD)
- **Act:** Item (Small Blast Seed) @ Machinery (see below)
- Interact @ Machinery, find shutdown sequence or other fuckery (-3 TMP)
- Walk to Hallway
Net change: -50 STM, +8 TMP, +20 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 72 STM (102 after regen), 13 TMP, 20 SHD, 0 RAD

Last edited:
Ghaspius's gaze slid to the side before focusing his efforts back on the foes in front of them. The lab could wait. He started the fire, so he might as well fan the flames while he was it. Metaphorically. For now.

He sifted through his bag of tricks and pulled out a vial of a strange, clear substance. "Ya know, all this stuff 'round here's super fancy and neat," he said, uncorking it and tossing it onto a few of his allies. "Would love to check out more of it."

He lit up a tiny flame, allowing it to coalesce into a gas as a wind kicked up all around. "There's even a cute guy attached to it," the Mismagius added as he stared straight at Dakim. Soon, the flame became pure light as his voice echoed, "Why don't we just sit and chat, you two?"

Ghaspius gently placed his tassels on top of Mhynt's head, adding a pretty little light atop of her head as his Decorate activated. "We could even braid our fur, or brush our scales!" He trilled with strange glee as his gems shifted from a gentle crimson glow to a bright, glaring white.

1. Ghaspius
  2. Isidora
  3. Archie
  4. Bellatrix
  5. Koa
  6. Wes
  7. Mhynt
Ghaspius (125 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Tailwind (-40 STM, +2 TMP)
- Helping Hand @ Mhynt (Power Spot) (-0 STM)
- Helping Hand @ Bellatrix (-8 STM, +2 TMP)
- Helping Hand @ Wes (-12 STM, +2 TMP)
- **Act:** RADIANT Focus (+5 TMP)
- RADIANT Metronome (Decorate) @ Mhynt (-46 STM, -10 TMP, +2 TMP, +46 RAD)
- Interact @ Dakim (-3 TMP)
Net change: -106 STM, +0 TMP, +0 SHD, +46 RAD
Net totals: 19 STM (50 after regen), 5 TMP, 0 SHD, 10 RAD

Last edited:
"Then have no right complain when your cowardice brings forth your downfall," Bellatrix snapped back. She then held her tongue, deciding that her words would be wasted on these three so-called "Admins".

She steeled herself, finding her balance, and then, the zoroark sprung into action, towards wherever Ein was hiding away. She drove her sword forwards, allowing it to catch on the milotic's veil, shredding it, and sent a shot of baneful energy the serpent's way. Before Venus could get a proper look at her attacker, Bellatrix was already down the hall.

She followed her ears, trying to find which room the voice of the (apparent) manetric was coming from and when she sourced it from the left, she signalled to the others and stood back to strike at the door's weak points to help in breaking it open.

"Hello," Bellatrix hissed the moment she spotted the electric type, brandishing an iron thorn that she had repurposed into a throwing dagger. "How fast can you run?"

Bellatrix (115 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Work Up (-18 STM, +2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Venus (-6 STM, +2 TMP)
- Bitter Malice @ Venus (-24 STM, Sure Hit, +2 TMP)
- Dash to Hallway (-2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Control Room Door (-9 STM, +2 TMP)
- **Act:** Item (Iron Thorn) @ Ein (-2 TMP)
- Activate feat (Spotter Feat) @ Venus - AI
Net change: -57 STM, +4 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 58 STM (86 after regen), 9 TMP, 0 SHD, 0 RAD

Note: If Control Room Door is already downed by Bellatrix's turn, target Security Door with second Quick Attack.

Last edited:
Prioritizing Ein certainly did seem like the sensible option, especially as Venus and Dakim set themselves up hold out for the long haul. And all they had to do was, what, bust through a few security doors, dispatch any peons in their way, and not get pincered by the admins for their efforts? Sounded easy enough! This might be one of the few times his smaller stature might come in handy.

Still, something made him hesitate only briefly, as he suddenly became aware of Wes’s presence nearby. There was something ominous about the look in the blue Lycanroc’s eye. Something that reminded him of that night, fighting Seth among the reeds. But this wasn’t the time or the place to try and get the Lycanroc to cool off. The Oshawott was just going to have to try and help him focus, and hope for the best.

“Wes!” he called, “We’re going in, stick close!”

He hoped he wouldn’t end up regretting this.

Archie rushed forward, vaulting over the ruined remains of the lobby door, and rushed down the hallway. The control room door was… First on the left, if Seth’s memory was good. He slid to a halt in front of it, brought his scalchop up, Razor Shell at the ready, and slashed with all his might!

Brawler Aux ~ Water Attack on Control Room Door.

Manectric Ein-? There was no time to think on that as the other two admins launched into action. Sparks danced around Koa’s paws as he prepared to retaliate, only for Wes’s voice to catch him off guard. A knot of fear wrapped around his heart as Wes's infuriated, shadow-tinted voice reached him. Koa felt his hackles rise. His body went rigid and he tensed, half expecting an attack before clamping down on his frustration and fear. Focus!

Doors. Ein. Control Room. Nothing else mattered except destroying Cipher for good.

First, slow down that Milotic. He broke into a sprint, zigzagging through the room, using electricity to give himself speed. Electricity bristled through him and he lashed out and barreled through every grunt he could along the way, until he found a clear shot at the Milotic. A crack and a flash of light arced across the room at her. Almost as soon as he fired it, he pivoted and raced for the doors with the others.

Fury lent him strength and he poured on his speed to follow them, to get in there, and get Ein, take him down.

At the sight of the Manectric, his blood ran cold. A strange, chilling rage washed over him, and his body moved without thinking. Right for his face, trying to wrench the glasses from his face and sear his eyes.

Aux: Paralyze @ Venus

Interact: Blind @ Ein w/Flash

Last edited:
First things first, let's break that door. Isidora placed a claw on her shoulder, and drew with a cold shudder. The dark energy lingered on her claws, and with flourished steps she made for the lobby door blocking the hallway, her claws brandishing against each other in a moving dance, natural energy mingling with Shadow to increase her strength. Shadow for support to save Radiance for offense. There better not be any side effects...

She came at the door with full strength and with a quick one two, three it fell backwards with a *THUD!* She ran into the hall and twirled to face the lobby, ready to stand her ground and keep the admins at bay.

Isidora (116 STM, 5 TMP, +1 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- AGILE SHADOW Swords Dance (-27 STM, +2 TMP, +18 SHD)
- Swords Dance (-18 STM, +2 TMP)
- Ice Shard @ Hallway Door (-5 STM, +2 TMP)
- Ice Shard @ Hallway door (-7.5 STM, +2 TMP)
- Rock Smash @ Hallway Door (-11 STM, +2 TMP)
- Walk to Hallway
Net change: -65 STM, +15 TMP, +18 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 51 STM (80 after regen), 20 TMP, 18 SHD, 0 RAD

(attack door until broken, extraneous attacks go unused)

Last edited:
Wes nodded gratefully to Archie and gave him space to work his magic alongside his other teammates. They made quick work of the door, and Wes wasted no time blasting through into the control room.

He faced Ein down with a snarl. “You.”

As the Manectric turned to face him, cool and composed as ever, Wes felt a shudder and another disorienting rush of images, sounds…memories? What was he seeing? What was happening?

He shoved all that aside. He could worry about it later. For now, it was time to shred that smirk off the bastard’s face.

Wes (95 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Focus Energy (-20 STM, +2 TMP)
- Accelerock @ Ein (-6 STM, +3 TMP)
- Accelerock @ Ein (-9 STM, +3 TMP)
- STRONG CRITICAL SHADOW Stone Edge @ Ein (-30 STM, hit, -15 TMP, +5 TMP, +20 SHD)
Net change: -65 STM, +3 TMP, +20 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 30 STM (53 after regen), 8 TMP, 20 SHD, 0 RAD
(TAKE COVER)

Turn 1
Player Phase

"C'mon!" roared Seth. "You've been hunting me for years. D'you think this could be the day you finish me off?"

Seth snarled and posed and held the attention of the Cipher admins and their peons as best he could. He had his paws up, punching and ducking and sidestepping like a human in a wolf's skin. His body wasn't so different, after all.

He glanced at the Wayfarers – several with faces flush with anger, rushing the route to Ein – and grit his teeth.

"Stay frosty, you lot!" he barked. "If I can keep my shit together down here, so can you!"

There was fear in the wolf's voice – this was a place he'd barely escaped, alone, without his pokémon partners, and newly halfway-Shadowed. He was facing off against his own nemeses in battle, without Betel's network to make sense of the chaos, but he kept control of himself just the same. Maybe his time in the Sanctum helped. Maybe it was the Radiance. Maybe just his sheer need not to lose his shit when it really counted...

"So don't mess this up!"

Those who knew Seth would know by now that from him, this meant "Good luck!"

Ghaspius's Tailwind helped everyone along!
Ghaspius's triple Helping Hand boosted Wes!
Ghaspius's RADIANT Metronome dramatically boosted Mhynt!
Ghaspius attempted an Interact...

"Is this marionette a fighter...?" Dakim asked nobody in particular.

"It's with the rest of them, isn't it?" said Venus, coolly. "Don't fret, I'll unstitch the horrid thing, darling. Do be a dear and chase after those pesky mutts for me, would you?"

Dakim scoffed. "I'll crush my share. Just don't expect me to do your work for you, woman."

The Darmanitan charged off after the bulk of the offworlder party, while the Milotic turned her serpentine attention to Ghaspius and Seth.

"You'd make such lovely playthings," she crooned, "but I'm afraid I'll have to break you, first."

Interact result: Dakim and Venus were unmoved...

Isidora's Ice Shard dealt 24 damage to Hallway Door!
Isidora's Ice Shard dealt 26 damage to Hallway Door!
Isidora's Rock Smash dealt 20 damage to Hallway Door! Broken!!

Archie's Brawler Skill! He dealt 42 dmg to Control Room Door! Broken!!

Bellatrix's Quick Attack dealt 0 damage to Venus!
Bellatrix's Bitter Malice dealt 13 damage to Venus!
Bellatrix's Quick Attack dealt 18 damage to Security Door!
Bellatrix's Iron Thorn dealt a grazing 5 damage to Venus!
Bellatrix's Spotter Feat! Venus' behaviour:

Venus is strongly disinclined to chase anyone around. She expects them to come to her. If left alone, she'd likely call on auxiliary Cipher peons and exhort them to attack with greater fervour. Her vanity may be an exploitable weak point...

Koa's Rogue Skill! Koa paralysed Venus!
Koa attempted an Interact...

Koa loosed his Flash into the Control Room, and though the light careened off every computer screen and polished surface, the Manectric at the controls was unconcerned. He smiled coldly, and pushed his tinted glasses further up his snout.

"My, my. Here come the riff-raff," he observed, punching in a final command at his interface. "I'll have to punish you for your trespasses personally, then."

The dog dismounted from his seat, and whistled a command. The shrill whirring of fan rotors started up as an airborne drone ascended into position at his side, humming with Electric energy. It superficially resembled a magnemite, or something like it...

As Wes charged into the room, it swooped down to block his attack – and then his next.

Ein smirked coldly. "We have no need for a second brutish Lycas," he scoffed. "That vacancy has been filled."

Wes' next attack struck true.

Interact result: Ein wears shades indoors! And Koa doesn't know Knock-Off!

Wes's Accelerock dealt 8 damage to Ein's drone! It's not very effective...
Wes's Accelerock dealt 9 damage to Ein's drone! It's not very effective...

Wes's STRONG SHADOW Stone Edge dealt a CRITICAL 55 damage to Ein!

Mhynt's STRONG SHADOW Toxic badly poisoned Ein!
Interact result: Mhynt's Blast Seed dealt considerable damage to Ein's hardware!

Wes' attack drew blood, and while Ein balked, Mhynt landed her innervation – and her improvised sabotage. Screens shattered, components caught fire, and cooling fans spun wild.

Ein kept his cool, but the smirk was gone.

"At worst, you've done me an inconvenience," he spat. "I shall not forgive your audacity."

Last edited:
Turn 1
Enemy Phase

Seth glanced at Ghaspius. What was this guy, some kind of fancy, stoned misdreavus? Yeah, whatever, he could take a hit.

"Hey, brace yourself, man," he called, as he whirled and struck in his melée with the packed Cipher peons.

It looked like Seth could handle the goons himself...

"Come now," whispered Venus to Ghaspius, leaning her long neck down to his level. "Must we fight...? Can I count on you to be a good plaything for me?"

Something about the Milotic's words was painful, and not just in a figurative sense.

Venus's Disarming Voice dealt 8 damage to Ghaspius!
Venus's Alluring Voice dealt 15 damage to Ghaspius!
Venus's Hypnosis made Ghaspius drowsy!
Venus's Chilling Water dealt 14 damage to Bellatrix! Twist Band prevented Atk falling!

"You'll regret running from me," said Venus, icily.

"Damn your mesmeric vanity, woman," growled Dakim, turning back at the doorway. "We must break these intruders! Flatten them – without exception!"

To illustrate his point, he grabbed Ghaspius in a burning fist and mercilessly slammed the Ghost into the ground, before proceeding in a knuckle-run after the rest.

Dakim's Fire Punch dealt a CRITICAL 82 damage to Ghaspius!
Dakim dashed to Hallway!
Dakim's Earthquake dealt 23+19 damage to Bellatrix and Isidora!
Dakim's Hammer Arm dealt 89 damage to Isidora! It's ultra effective!

"Ha! You are defenseless against Mighty Dakim!" bellowed the hulking Darmanitan. "There is nowhere to run to, nor to hide! I shall teach you the meaning of defeat!"

In the control room, Ein's glasses flashed and his mane buzzed with electromagnetic radiation. Terminal Two itself responded to his signal, and sprinklers in the ceiling activated, dousing the flames and soaking the combatants. Ein laughed humourlessly, then struck without warning, flair, or indulgence – only to harm.

Ein's Eerie Impulse commanded the Facility! It began to rain!
Ein's Thunder dealt 39 damage to Mhynt!
Ein's Weather Ball dealt 72 damage to Wes!
Ein's Thunder Wave paralysed Wes!
Ein's Minus is boosting his Magic! Something nearby must have Plus...

"You are not the heroes of some fairytale play," said Ein, with perfect calm, the last flames of the burning circuitry reflected in his glasses. "You aren't even the comic relief. No, you're hecklers. And it falls to me to evict you from the stands."

Last edited:
For the briefest of moments, Ghaspius placed a tassel to his chest gems, wounded by Dakim's words, before being actually wounded by the pair's strikes. Despite the absolute pummeling he received, the Mismagius lazily floated back up and let out a yawn.

"Oh, I see how it is. How b-o-r-i-n-g." Whether it was the Radiance, the drowsiness, or the Life Dew he was preparing, he had been numbed to the pain. Completely disregarding Venus, he idly waltzed into the hallway to meet with the Darmanitan once more.

He let out a scoff as his gems churned between the radiant white and now a sickly purple. "Ya know, ya remind me a bit of my ex. All show. Was that gaudy punch all you had? My sis could swipe a gnat harder than that."

Ghaspius made an exaggerated shrug. His next words were as loud as possible, just so it could be heard from the other room. "Can't believe a circus monkey and an ugly hag can't even beat a floating rag. Oh well."

1. Wes and Mhynt perform their Walk (but not their actions, yet).
  2. Ghaspius
  3. Koa
  4. Wes
  5. Isidora, acting but holding Walk
  6. Bellatrix
  7. Archie
  8. Mhynt
  9. Isidora Walks
Ghaspius (50 STM, 5 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 46 RAD)
- Walk to Hallway
- Life Dew (-30 STM)
- **Act:** Item (Oran Berry)
- SHADOW Metronome (Follow Me) (-18 STM, -10 TMP, +18 SHD)
Net change: -48 STM, -5 TMP, +18 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 2 STM (33 after regen), 0 TMP, 18 SHD, 46 RAD

Last edited:
To be honest, Archie hadn’t expected to cleave the door so easily. And as he stood there in surprise, momentarily making eye contact with the third and final Admin that they were here to round up, Koa, Mhynt, and Wes burst into the room to bring the fight to the Manectric. A flash of red further down the hall drew the Oshawott’s attention just in time for Dakim to unleash his Earthquake, nearly throwing the mustelid off balance – though thankfully the shaking base didn’t cave in around them. The oversized Fire Type had come chasing after Bellatrix and the Sneasel, who had followed the main group into the hall. Ghaspius soon came floating along as well, seemingly in quite the state already.

But wait, Ghaspius, Bellatrix, the Sneasel, and Archie himself were in the hallway with Dakim. Meanwhile Wes, Koa, and Mhynt were facing down Ein in the control room… Didn’t that mean Seth was alone in the lobby with Venus and her lackeys!? The Oshawott chewed his lip, suddenly unsure of what he should be doing here. A glance into the control room told him things weren’t going the greatest there, Ein had some kind of backup of his own, and Wes was moving stiffly, as if his own muscles were fighting against him. But, despite his haughty attitude, Seth had sounded scared just being back in this place. And all three admins had it out for him specifically.

Archie couldn’t be in two places at once. He’d have to hope that Koa’s promise that he could fight alongside Wes would ring true, just this once. The Oshawott rushed down the hallway in the direction of the lobby again. He dashed past the others, and dove between Dakim’s legs, blindly slashing at the Darmanitan as he went, then rolled back to his feet, and vaulted over the ruins of the lobby door again.

Interact ~ Distract Dakim, and maybe momentarily put him off balance, with Razor Shell.

Back in the lobby, the Milotic wasn’t hard to find. The Oshawott switched out his Razor Shel for something that might have just that little bit more bite. His Sacred Sword might not be especially dangerous to the Water Type, but at least she wouldn’t resist it. He threw himself back into the melee, slashing at peon and admin both as he made his way back to the red Lycanroc’s side.

Brawler Aux ~ Fighting Attack on Venus!

“The others’ll make short work of Ein, so I thought you could use some company!” he said, grinning again. He wouldn’t tell Seth he’d heard the fear in the Rock Type’s voice.

Last edited:
"Save your breath," Bellatrix said to Ghaspius. "They're not worth the effort. The milotic could not even properly freeze me with her so-called chilling water. Let me demonstrate what a real chill feels like" Perhaps Venus had never seen a zoroark like her before, unaware that her fur was thick and insulating to survive the harshest snowstorms. She waited for the Life Dew to settle on her pelt, easing away any soreness in her form and allowing its gentle light to empower her before she shook herself out. Not that she enjoyed doing so at all - she wished she had a better way of getting water out of her fur - but now was not the time to linger on it.

"Now, this facility of yours," she said, raising her voice so all three Admins could hear her. "Rather sophisticated, if inelegant, it's little wonder you've grown complacent within it. Perhaps a break away from its conveniences would do you all a little good." In a blink, Bellatrix moved to strike Ein with her pommel before trying to grip the manetric with her off-hand. Through her claws, the same baneful energy she had used against Venus seeped through the manetric's pelt. It turned the poison in his system to ice that would leave anyone shivering as it ate them from the inside out.

When she dropped him, Bellatrix followed her ears once again. She struck at the door that held the humming of many generators, breaking it so she could run in. She searched for cables, trying slash them or pull them from any electrical sockets if there were any. Then, taking inspiration from Mhynt, she threw her Blast seed at the machinery to bring further destruction to the generator, hoping that it would interfere with any further operations the Admins had hoped to rely on.

Bellatrix (89 STM, 9 TMP, +1 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Receive (Helping Hand)
- Work Up (-18 STM, +2 TMP)
- Dash to Control Room (-2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Generator Room Door (-6 STM, +2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Ein (-9 STM, +2 TMP)
- Bitter Malice @ Ein (-24 STM, Sure Hit, effect, -7 TMP, +2 TMP)
- Activate feat (Spotter Feat) @ Ein - AI
- **Act:** Item (Small Blast Seed) @ Generator (-2 TMP)
- Interact @ Generator - Woe, Blast Seed Be Upon Ye (Interfere with Generator as much as possible) (-3 TMP)
- Walk to Generator Room
Net change: -54 STM, -6 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD

Net totals: 35 STM (63 after regen), 3 TMP, 0 SHD, 0 RAD

Last edited:
The darmanitan came in hard and fast, his punch sending her flying across the hall. She only barely managed to right herself and stick a proper landing, despite the horrible, crushing pain in her chest that immediately sent her to a knee panting. Shit... Shit... Shouldn't've got hit by that...

She couldn't let him get away with that, but she couldn't risk staying there either. She wasted no time stuffing an oran berry in her mouth and rushing him. She prepared an Ice Shard, aiming for his belly. And instead went for his eyes, leaping onto him and biting hard into his face. She vaulted off with a swift kick before he could grab her and dashed for the control room. Whatever was going on in there couldn't be worse than here.

Isidora was greeted by sprinklers going off in a room of ruined electronics. And in the middle of it all, a wet dog wearing a gaudy white coat and ridiculous black glasses, trying his best to pretend as if none of this bothered him.

...I'll try to take him seriously.

Isidora (80 STM, 20 TMP, +1 SPD, +0 ACC, 18 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Bite @ Dakim (-17 STM, Sure Hit, effect, -7 TMP, +2 TMP)
- Activate feat (Spotter Feat) @ Dakim's Behavior
- AGILE Ice Shard @ Generator Door (-7.5 STM, +2 TMP)
- Rock Smash @ Ein (-11 STM, effect, -5 TMP, +2 TMP)
- Ice Shard @ Ein (-5 STM, +2 TMP)
- Ice Shard @ Ein (-7.5 STM, +2 TMP)
- Walk to Generator Room
Net change: -45 STM, -4 TMP, +0 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 35 STM (64 after regen), 16 TMP, 18 SHD, 0 RAD

Last edited:
"You're right, we're not the comic relief. You're already filling that role," he snarled.

Something in the air made Koa’s senses prickle unnaturally, an electric tinge to the air coming from somewhere...Plus? Somehow the idea felt familiar. If Ein was overcharging with his ability they needed to stop it. Squinting through the rain, teeth bared, his head jerked up and he locked onto whatever the drone thing was. His paw clenched and he blurred into action, slamming his fist into it as hard as he could.

As water kept spraying down on them, Koa’s gaze shifted back to Ein. How had he done that with the controls even when they broke the computer? It looked exactly like...

His eyes widened and a grin tugged at his jaws. Let’s see if two can play at that game. Tuning out the chaos around him, he let the electricity gather around him and wash over his body, rippling across his fur. This was his chance! He could save the team, he could do something, be better than Ein. The current swirled and buzzed, mingling with that wonderful light, then pulsed outwards, seeping into the facilities systems.

Koa Used Radiant Eerie Impulse!

Aux Brawler Strike @ Drone (Fighting)

Interact: Rain on Ein's parade Take control of the facility from Ein and shut off the sprinklers!

Wes shouted as electricity burned through his veins and surged through his already soaked fur. Damn this rain, damn this Ein, damn this whole scorching place and all of Cipher—

The bastard’s unconcerned drawl drew out a flare of rage with every syllable. Wes steeled his nerves, forcing himself to take a few shaky breaths. He would tear this prick to shreds, no question, but he had to keep his cool. Keep it together. Don’t let him in your head.

Ghaspius’s call sounded through the wrecked doorway behind them. Emboldened, Wes lunged for Ein a second time. “Keep underestimating me,” he spat. “Makes my job easier!”

Wes (57 STM, 8 TMP, -4 SPD, +0 ACC, 20 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Walk to Hallway
- SHADOW Accelerock @ Drone (-6 STM, +3 TMP, +6 SHD)
- Accelerock @ Drone (-9 STM, +3 TMP)
- CRITICAL Stone Edge @ Ein (-20 STM, Sure Hit, -15 TMP, +3 TMP)
Net change: -47 STM, -3 TMP, +6 SHD, +0 RAD
Net totals: 10 STM (33 after regen), 5 TMP, 26 SHD, 0 RAD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom