• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 11th Doctor will be (possible spoilers)...

To be honest, I reckon Jenny and River Song won't be important at all until either after a few more regenerations or more preferably, never. I think the effect was rather that River Song was something in the Doctor's far, far future.

Personally I think Jenny would be awesome in Torchwood... ;D I don't think we'll see any more of her in Doctor Who.

I'd love a younger companion. Perhaps a young teenager, or a child - I've been discussing these with my friends and we think it would work quite well as something radically different.

Please, no more adult female companions. >_> Unless with them, there's a full-series male companion, and the female has absolutely no love potential with the Doctor at all, Rose and Martha are enough.

River Song has to be connected to the tenth doctor - otherwise how do you explain her recognising him. The only other option is for her to have met at least two later doctors, to know about regeneration. I thing if they imply that all that stuff happened during the time of the specials next year, and then forget her.

Jenny would be great in Torchwood, or perhaps as a recurring character who doesn't travel with the doctor or know someone who does. I'm not so sure of her as a permanent companion, but I can't say why.

I'd like to see an older companion, since it would go well against a younger doctor. I also want to see a couple in a committed relationship as companions, and neither of them to have anything to do with the doctor. A child would be good, but I suspect there may be a few issues regarding abduction.
Whoever is companion, I want to see them come from somewhere outside modern London.

I agree with the whole outside of london companion bit. I would personally love a TV version of C'rizz. Actually a alien (obviously humanoid but with prosthetics) companion would be new and pretty awesome.

Personally I don't think Jenny would fit into Torchwood. Maybe they could find a way around it but I think shes better fit for doctor who. It might just be her character or the episode her intro was set. Seems a tenny bit too light and happy for Torchwood. I dunno. I just prefer her in Dr Who. Mickey has the possibility of being amazing in Torchwood. (To replace Tosh)

Maybe you're right about Jenny in Torchwood, although a one off appearance may be interesting, given a contrast between her 'light' personality and the 'dark' Torchwood. That and Martha (if she's in that episode) getting to find out she isn't dead.
Mickey would be good in Torchwood (I suspect there are going to be disappointed fans if him and Martha don't end up in Torchwood)

An (obviously) alien companion (like a Dalek) would be brilliant.

River Song is looking to be a plot hole real fast if she doesn't meet the Tenth Doctor.
Well Song would be good but River Song is actually older than this doctors looks, that might not go down to well.

Moffat was the one who asked Russell.T.Davies and Steven Greenhorn to keep Jenny alive. Suspicious at all. Jenny would be a great companion for this new doctor.
River Song has to be connected to the tenth doctor - otherwise how do you explain her recognising him.
I saw someone mention this possibility last week, and it is brilliant.

What if Jenny is River Song? Either regenerated or just older. The writing hinted at something romantic, but there is nothing explicit except that they were very attached, as a father and daughter might be.

The only other option is for her to have met at least two later doctors, to know about regeneration.
No, that doesn't work. She recognized the Tenth Doctor and, more importantly, expected him to recognize her.

Whoever is companion, I want to see them come from somewhere outside modern London.
I want someone outside Earth.

I saw someone mention this possibility last week, and it is brilliant.

What if Jenny is River Song? Either regenerated or just older. The writing hinted at something romantic, but there is nothing explicit except that they were very attached, as a father and daughter might be.

I have heard about this one, and it could work, but then River Song said the doctor was "younger than I've ever seen him," and since this was after Jenny they may have a problem with that.
Then again if she regenerated she could have discounted that regeneration.
Also I just dislike the theory in general.

I also heard something about River Song being like a biographer for the Doctor, who follows the doctor and records what happens. That would be interesting, but may disappoint people who want to see a romance thing. They just became good friends or something - Or maybe she's only a Time Lady, and it's just because they're the same species that they got close.

No, that doesn't work. She recognized the Tenth Doctor and, more importantly, expected him to recognize her.

True, but then given that Smith doesn't look dissimilar to Tennant, if the Doctor gives of a 'Time Lord vibe' she may have mixed the two up. OK I doubt it, but of course there's no reason she shouldn't meet later Doctors anyway.

I want someone outside Earth.

So do I, but I could fully crew the TARDIS with the companions I want to see if they did that they may just make them human anyway, so the audience can relate to someone.

Given that Smith doesn't look dissimilar to Tennant, if the Doctor gives of a 'Time Lord vibe' she may have mixed the two up. OK I doubt it, but of course there's no reason she shouldn't meet later Doctors anyway.

Also, remember that infostamps exist, and that if the Doctor gave her his screwdriver and his name, he would've revealed his regeneration skill and shown her all his past lives.

Also, Jenny could be an end-of-season companion. Or the last being to see the Tenth Doctor before he regenerates.

Also, remember that infostamps exist, and that if the Doctor gave her his screwdriver and his name, he would've revealed his regeneration skill and shown her all his past lives.

The problem is that River Song initially doesn't realise the Doctor doesn't know her, implying that she met the tenth Doctor between the end of series four and his regeneration.

Still doesn't mean she met the tenth Doctor more than a couple of times - if she's used to encountering the 11th and 12th (maybe 13th (and later if they fix the limited regenerations)) mixed together, meeting the 10th wouldn't be odd, especially if she is used to being recognised by the others.

Last edited:
Er, there's no reason right now that there couldn't be a Thirteenth Doctor. Time Lords get twelve regenerations, making for thirteen forms total.

Methinks they'll do something clever and lengthen his regenerations somehow, this TV series is too successful to end anytime near in the future.

The comment about extending the regeneration was not aimed at the 13th Doctor. The only reason it was in the brackets was to separate it from the 11th/12th, as I can see River Song (if she is around at all) disappearing by then.

They may not need to extend his regenerations - with a year of Tennant and then three further Doctors before they have to do something, they should get to 2020 or so (provided no-one does a 'one series' Doctor again) before they run out, by which time the show could have been cancelled anyway (not that I want it to or have any reason to suspect it would, but you just never know)

yeah, her slick in control personality would be very refreshing. She thinks shes in control and doesn't see herself as a companion and has the dr working for her. (WHAT WAS THAT RED EYE THING IN THINKTWICE!??)

Who reads the DWM strip? Majenta Prcie would be a GREAT companion for this new doctor.

The what strip?

Without seeing it, I can only see one problem: That you have drawings of her(?) which won't match whoever plays the part.
Still, if the character is good enough there's always to possibility a similar character (read: copy) for the TV show.

May I add I think we're all forgetting something.... We "may" already know one of the future doctors. Anyone know about the Valeyard in Trial of a Timelord? Not saying any more without spoiler tags.

This anyone?Details of the Valeyard here. Yes, there are spoilers.

@Time Psyduck: Also one of the specials will be a christmas one so they really are pushed. They shouldn't do the Queen Elizabeth one. It should remain one of those "infinite who-niverse moments" so we know that the TV adventures aren't the only ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom