• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserved for blazboi, who is a friend of mine.
2v2 single
Set
DQ: 1 week
Banned moves: OHKOs, suicides, direct heals.
Damage Cap:35%
Arena: ON DE TING!
The battle takes place on a giant blue thing, large enough to accommodate most Pokémon. De ting generates water, rocks etc. when they are needed. Each round, there is a 10% chance that an angry woman with an accent will yell at the battlers, confusing them both.
By the way, the battle is a reference to this: http://notalwaysright.com/de-ting-de-ting/308

Last edited:
1v1
DQ Time: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned moves: OHKOs, Chills 5/Pokemon, 1 direct healing/Pokemon, Perish Song, Destiny Bond
Arena: Basic Stage

The Basic Stage is simply that; a plain expanse of mottled white tiled floor. A large pond of water waits on the side, for Water types to use and stay in. Above is the sky, where for now, the sun hovers far above. There are no special effects, and the field is completely flat, the tiling reaching about a hundred feet square. The tiling isn’t very strong, and can easily be broken for access to dirt for moves such as Dig and Mud Slap.

Reserved for blazhy D: I sense doom.

1v1
DQ Time: 1 Week
Banned moves: OHKOs, Chills 5/Pokemon, 1 direct healing/Pokemon, Perish Song, Destiny Bond
Arena: Basic Stage

The Basic Stage is simply that; a plain expanse of mottled white tiled floor. A large pond of water waits on the side, for Water types to use and stay in. Above is the sky, where for now, the sun hovers far above. There are no special effects, and the field is completely flat, the tiling reaching about a hundred feet square. The tiling isn’t very strong, and can easily be broken for access to dirt for moves such as Dig and Mud Slap.

Reserved for blazhy D: I sense doom.

Doom has arrived.

btw to the ref, I doubt this challenge will be taken so soon, but could you make sure round 3 of the tournament has been posted and my active squad changed before you post the thread? Don't want to pound skulls in with my fully-evolveds.

Doom has arrived.

btw to the ref, I doubt this challenge will be taken so soon, but could you make sure round 3 of the tournament has been posted and my active squad changed before you post the thread? Don't want to pound skulls in with my fully-evolveds.
first battle against you aaaaaa ): what a way start

Taking ABCD vs blazheirio889 because I don't have enough already. I'll put up the thread after blaze does edits to her active squad when round 3 of the tourney is posted.

Last edited:
Taking ABCD vs blazheirio889 because I don't have enough already. I'll put up the thread after blaze does edits to his active squad when round 3 of the tourney is posted.

:D Wow that was quick. ABCD didn't bribe you with anything did he- *shot*
psst I'm a girl

Reserved for blazboi, who is a friend of mine.
2v2 single
Set
Damage Cap:35%
Arena: ON DE TING!
The battle takes place on a giant blue thing, large enough to accommodate most Pokémon. De ting generates water, rocks etc. when they are needed. Each round, there is a 10% chance that an angry woman with an accent will yell at the battlers, confusing them both.
By the way, the battle is a reference to this: http://notalwaysright.com/de-ting-de-ting/308

I accept the battle ON DE TING!

Bringing it back up for Mawile to accept.

3 vs 3, single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Banned Moves: Only Metronome can be used.
Arena: Ancient Rome

The Roman empire was one of the greatest ever built. Currently, history says its downfall came about with the invasion of the Huns (well, at least one half of it). Soon, it's going to start saying a bunch of stupid time travelers did it.

The battle begins in the Amphitheatrum Flavium, aka Colosseum. It was (or, in this context, is) capable of holding hundreds of thousands of spectators, all of whom are eager to watch a spectacle that is likely to be much more bloodless than the usual, but still, mind-blowing. After all, even in the present, we'd all be lining up for it if two future imbeciles were staging a potentially city-destroying battle with remarkable, odd beasts. If the Colosseum hasn't been destroyed by the time a Pokémon faints, before the next sendout, it will be filled with water for a mock naval battle. Non-water-dwelling Pokémon will be able to take refuge aboard the ships.

But of course, we're all wishing it will be destroyed. And if that it is after it's filled up, Roman men will never wish for rain again. Unless we set fire to their homes beforehand.
Other: Pokémon of any species will be able to use Metronome during this battle.

3 vs 3, single

The Roman empire was one of the greatest ever built. Currently, history says its downfall came about with the invasion of the Huns (well, at least one half of it). Soon, it's going to start saying a bunch of stupid time travelers did it.

The battle begins in the Amphitheatrum Flavium, aka Colosseum. It was (or, in this context, is) capable of holding hundreds of thousands of spectators, all of whom are eager to watch a spectacle that is likely to be much more bloodless than the usual, but still, mind-blowing. After all, even in the present, we'd all be lining up for it if two future imbeciles were staging a potentially city-destroying battle with remarkable, odd beasts. If the Colosseum hasn't been destroyed by the time a Pokémon faints, before the next sendout, it will be filled with water for a mock naval battle. Non-water-dwelling Pokémon will be able to take refuge aboard the ships.

But of course, we're all wishing it will be destroyed. And if that it is after it's filled up, Roman men will never wish for rain again. Unless we set fire to their homes beforehand.
LET'S GO

Negrek could you remove Arylett vs myself from the OP? I guess she's left TCoD for good and left me hanging... :( So that leaves me with two active battles, except one is dying of inactivity because of ref...

stupid question time, does our contest battle count towards our battle limit?

Contests and battles in the "Contests and Tournaments" section do not count towards your battle limit unless stated otherwise.

3 vs 3, single

Taking. Thread soon.

Dropping my challenge with Ampharos for something I'm dying to try out.

5vs5 Double
Damage Cap: 35%
Move Limits: Direct healing moves banned, Chills limit 3 per Pokemon, no OHKO moves, Sleep Talk allowed for Gen V Pokemon
Arena: Evolutionary Cavern

A peculiar cavern made entirely of glowing white rock. It seems that this rock is the raw form of elemental stones; they radiate evolutionary power. Any basic- or middle-stage Pokemon battling in this cavern will be temporarily transformed into their final evolutionary form for the duration of the battle, gaining access to any new attacks, abilities, or typings that evolution would bring about. Also, both Trainers and the referee physically age two years each round, though this will never kill them; it has absolutely nothing to do with the battle anyway. The light from the cavern results in a -1 accuracy drop for all Pokemon without abilities that prevent accuracy loss. There is a narrow stream running through the cavern that can provide enough water for a Surf.

Other: no fully-evolved Pokemon allowed. second-stage is alright

Looking back on this there were definitely some things about the arena that I either wrote completely wrong or left out entirely. Fixes in bold, not that it should matter.

EDIT: Also, this has already been taken by LS99, so don't post "taking" or anything

2v2 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Move Limits: OHKO moves, perish song, direct healing moves, and weather moves.
Arena: Forecast Forest

The Forecast Forest is a type of forest similar to a rainforest, only the weather can be anything from sunny to sandstorms. The battle will take place in a clearing near the center of the forest. The weather changes every 3-5 turns, with the normal effects of the weather. Moonlight cannot be used when its sunny.

(By the way to whoever accepts this you're probably likely to win. This is my first ASB battle.)

2v2 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Move Limits: OHKO moves, perish song, direct healing moves, and weather moves.
Arena: Forecast Forest

The Forecast Forest is a type of forest similar to a rainforest, only the weather can be anything from sunny to sandstorms. The battle will take place in a clearing near the center of the forest. The weather changes every 3-5 turns, with the normal effects of the weather. Moonlight cannot be used when its sunny.

(By the way to whoever accepts this you're probably likely to win. This is my first ASB battle.)

Actually, I've never officially won a battle, so I'll take this.

And I believe that's enough challenges for me at the moment.

Au contrariwise, once you clarify the weather changing I'll thread it up right away. Firstly I need a number, a definite number of rounds that mark the changing of weather. Then, does the weather have an equal chance of being Sun, Rain, Sand, or Hail? Do you want to put a limit on Chills? Anyway, once that's cleared up, I'll be happy to ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom