• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Fansite Update Hub! ★✪☆

Bluwiikoon

All is fair in love and war
Pronoun
he/him
Several of us here on TCoD own small fansites, and sometimes it's easy to miss updates. Use this thread to notify everybody of new things on your website! 😄 Comments and encouragement for our webmasters is... well, encouraged!

Starting off: I have nothing new to report, but I'm working on a bunch of different ideas at once (including captioning my extensive Nosepass gallery, and mirroring my new fanfic). Currently the newest live thing on Nose Club is my spicy [Riddles] section!

Even if you have nothing new right now, I think everybody should at least throw in a link for their website :D We gotta stick together, after all!

My plan for PokéPrint right now is to re-play all the main series Pokémon games and create the resources I currently have planned (listed on my site’s Printables page) as I go. Currently I’m playing through Pokémon Sword (and plan on playing the games from newest to oldest, with an exception or two).

Of course I could have just copied this info from Serebii and/or Bulbapedia, but I’m not about that. I like to do my own research and cross-reference it so I know what I’m putting out there is as accurate as possible.

So while on the surface it doesn't look like much has happened recently, I'm actually making really good progress at the moment :)

(Also props to the people who've figured out the answers to Blu's riddles because I don't even know where to start haha)

Last edited:
Oh, i guess i should probably go on and explain things that i'm planning.

Unfortunately, for a number of... legal, if you'll believe it, reasons, i can't actually purchase a domain and website hosting (i'm not in trouble with the law i swear!). Also, i'm long past my neocities days so >:| it may be awhile.

I actually have plans to include Indigo's Corner as like, a subsite in another website i plan to create.

Anyhow, i expect that's all the updates you'll get from me for now, although i will be actually working on my website before i can publish it, so maybe there will be some updates. Who knows.

Last edited:
You're doing amazing, @kimbachu !! :D Great work on doing your own research, that must feel really rewarding!

I'm excited to see whatever comes next for you, @IndigoClaudia ! ^^ The domain and hosting stuff sounds like a real headache, wishing you all the best!

Today's Nose Club Update: I've now mirrored [Legendaries of the Present World] on my site :D It even has a tiiiiiny bit of graphics on the index page!

I've been fiddling around with my mobile layout a bit and decided I wanted to try 88x16px affiliate buttons, but quite a few of my affiliates actually didn't have any. So I've gone ahead and made some! I based them on your existing affiliate buttons and they're a bit of a rush job but I hope they do your sites justice.

@Greninlucarizardlup's Grenin's Place greninsplace88x16.png
@myuma's Mirage Island mirageisland88x16.png
@Kratos Aurion's Altered Origin alteredorigin88x16.png

Webmasters, you're more than welcome to take these and put them on your sites, or if you eventually end up making your own versions, I'm happy to replace the ones on my site with your "official" ones.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.12.09 PM.png
Site V2, censored for spoilers
(I just want to add that the font used for the title is the same font used in the Diamond & Pearl title thingy. Look at Diamond/Pearl boxart to see for yourself)

Last edited:
We've been toying with the idea of calling it "Dyna Tree," or "The Dreamyard," but Claudia is really attached to Indigo's Corner...
My Fifth Gen-loving self really resonates with “The Dreamyard”, but I say go with your gut. And I guess it depends what you’re going to do. If you plan on having multiple websites/web projects, you could call your hub site “Indigo’s Corner” and the Pokémon sub-site something else. Works well if you eventually plan on buying a domain, kinda like what I did with my site: my hub site is kimbachu.com and my Pokémon site is PokéPrint, at pokeprint.kimbachu.com so I only have to buy one domain, and if I ever decide to change PokéPrint’s name, I can very easily move the site to new subdomain and redirect the old one without having to purchase another domain.

We've been toying with the idea of calling it "Dyna Tree," or "The Dreamyard," but Claudia is really attached to Indigo's Corner...
My Fifth Gen-loving self really resonates with “The Dreamyard”, but I say go with your gut. And I guess it depends what you’re going to do. If you plan on having multiple websites/web projects, you could call your hub site “Indigo’s Corner” and the Pokémon sub-site something else. Works well if you eventually plan on buying a domain, kinda like what I did with my site: my hub site is kimbachu.com and my Pokémon site is PokéPrint, at pokeprint.kimbachu.com so I only have to buy one domain, and if I ever decide to change PokéPrint’s name, I can very easily move the site to new subdomain and redirect the old one without having to purchase another domain.

This is all solid advice! Lyssa hadn't even told me about dreamyard when she put this in here but we have been thinking long and hard about Dyna Tree, we're probably just gonna make Dyna Tree and The Dreamyard into little subsites tho.

Super excited for the new Indigo's Corner!! :D

I'm working on some layout tweaks, and I'm also gonna try to add a publishing date to each page alongside the modification date. While I'm doing that, it's probably time for me to re-read a bunch of sections and update stuff if needed. Might be a couple days before any changes go live, just so I can do a thorough sweep and test!

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 7.47.45 AM.png
unknown.png

It all makes sense now. I love classic style!! although i do admit i'm a bit partial to nose style

also how did you make the hilarious... uh, i mean totally legit Pokémon Emerald playthrough. and also how long did it take you to clean up your room after DEATHKILL made a mess. also if your a trubbish does this mean your dad is a garbodor who works at nintendo???

Also i never noticed this until now but it's really epic that you're giving little captions to the images! I don't personally have vision impairments or anything, but i really love seeing websites trying to be accessible!

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Indigo! :D I'm really happy you enjoy the new style, and I'm glad the captions are appreciated! ❤

also how did you make the hilarious... uh, i mean totally legit Pokémon Emerald playthrough. and also how long did it take you to clean up your room after DEATHKILL made a mess. also if your a trubbish does this mean your dad is a garbodor who works at nintendo???
I played as normal up until the Rustboro Gym, where I edited the screenshots so that no trainers were there. :3 After that I played (mostly) as normal again, with the exception of the gameshark codes, until I reached Mauville (more editing) and Rustboro Gym the second time (by that point it was all doctored using maps and objects from the spriter's resource). Also, "run away" and "now" are both words you can select as the trendy phrase in Dewford 😁 Convenient!

Some say my room is still a trash zone to this day!

Back
Top Bottom