• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Through the window.

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Right, so, what's your escape plan?

Here's the situation. You're at home, minding your own business. Where exactly you are in your home is up to you. When, suddenly, you hear voices and noises coming from outside. Everyone you know is where they are supposed to be and you are not expecting anyone to come over. You know in your heart FOR A FACT that these people are going to break in, probably burglarize your home or maybe even hurt you if they discover you are home.

You decide that you need to hide or get out of the house.

What do you do/where do you go? How do you do it?

the hidden attic in my closet that's hard to see anyhow. plus the light in the closet scarcely works so good luck seeing the door to the hidden attic with that!
or, behind the couch

I have so many huge knives in the kitchen, it's not even funny.
All of the windows are hard to open, and I'm guessing they're either coming through the front door or the back glass sliding door. The garage door is much heavier than any other exit, so I'm assuming they're not getting coming through there. There actually isn't much in the way of 'escape routes' in this house.

Well if they come in through the front door, I'll hide in my bathroom in my bedroom, because it's on the other side of the house. In that bathroom, there's a little window, way up high. I would have to climb up on the toilet Nd be careful to reach it, but if I teachers the window, I would open it and jump out.

We have a side door, so I could be boring and get out using that. As for hiding, one of the beds is just barely off the ground and there's a drape around it so you can hardly tell. I'm flat enough to hide under there.

... but no-one's cleaned under that bed for ages, so there's a high chance I'll sneeze and give myself away.

There are actually three different doors/ways to get out of the house, but they're all oriented in a way that I'd probably be spotted trying to leave.

Maybe I'll hide in a closet or something.

Little bit of preview:
My house is divided into two parts: the common area and the residential area. This division is a single door. All three of the exits lead into the common area. One leads into the backyard. Assuming it's day and that the curtains to that exit are open, the thieves would be able to see both exits. There's the "main" entrance (that really isn't the main entrance because my family doesn't really use it that often) that you can't see the kitchen door from. This door is seemingly guarded by a device similar to what shields the TARDIS from our mortal eyes. If they enter through the kitchen door, then they can't see the main entrance. I'll be assuming they enter through here.

Ok basically this is how'd it go down:

I'd use the time before it to snag my wii, possibly a few games and the gc controller and get the keys. Besides that, I'd grab my laptop. If I can't hold all of that, then I'd drop the controller. when I hear their door open, I'd open mine so that the sound is masked. I'd promptly run away to my former Spanish teacher's house to call 911.

Back
Top Bottom