• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Ultra Mystery Dungeon

Kallie gives the Wooloo an odd look, then floats down through the floor right next to the ladder.

A joint mission? Ireri scuffs at the ground, her tail eyeing the other recruits. The Wooloo looks harmless enough, but the rest... well, they probably won't want her accompanying them anyways.

But a mystery dungeon! She hasn't seen any in person yet. If not for all the Pokemon around her, she could almost be excited. Steeling herself, she walks over to the two Meowstic.

"Excuse me, I just - I have a question? About the woods. The Guildmaster said the woods are becoming a mystery dungeon. Um... when did the guild first notice the change? What was the process like? Did it take a while for Pokemon to get angry, or for the paths to change -" Oh, but she's rambling, and they must be so busy. "Sorry, I just - it's good to know. Before we go in. Right?"

To the side, by the ladders, there is a small ripple, and then a Xatu appears out of thin air
- It seems I'm late, how unseemly
He catches the eye of Teo
- "Greetings, I am Oscen of the Gold Sands, I am here to join the guild. I apologize for my tardiness."

Teo smiles. "Not a problem, Oscen! Your assistance is most appreciated. Welcome aboard!" He briefed the Xatu on the details of the mission.

"Excuse me, I just - I have a question? About the woods. The Guildmaster said the woods are becoming a mystery dungeon. Um... when did the guild first notice the change? What was the process like? Did it take a while for Pokemon to get angry, or for the paths to change -" Oh, but she's rambling, and they must be so busy. "Sorry, I just - it's good to know. Before we go in. Right?"

Tea turned to her with emotionless eyes. "The woods presented a most interesting case study for us, as we hadn't observed the transmutation of a space with such detail before," she began matter-of-factly. "We first noticed when we were rescuing a child from the town -an Azurill, to the best of my recollection- and a few of our members claimed that the paths were rearranged. A few expeditions later and, sure enough, we had confirmed the fact along with many more signs of a mystery dungeon. This was only a short while ago, so the woods are still not totally permeated with whatever essence transforms it into a mystery dungeon. We hope that was a sufficient explanation, but do inquire further if needed."

Last edited:
Gerald taps his nonexistent chin. "So, we just take a nice forest stroll over to the next town, and check in? Sounds simple enough."

He sets his bag on the ground and rifles through it. "I have a few berries and whatnot in here, but I suppose I could stock up." He gently picks up an ornate teapot out of his bag, gives it a few pats, then clasps the bag shut and slings it over his back again.

"Other than that, I'm ready."

Ireri's eyes gleam - both pairs of them. "So it's still not fully transformed! That's great! Maybe I can even observe it changing... though that'll probably be a bit dangerous. But what a chance to see it up close! We should set out as soon as possible."

Gorm skitters down the ladder completely vertically, running perpendicular to the ground like a creepy bastard as he leaves a polka-dot tread of singe marks on the wood behind him. He transitions onto the stone floor, pleasantly cool to the touch, and reads the room. Xatu here, bewear there, and a council of powerful-looking, fully-evolved pokémon at the front. What good company! The sizzlipede's mustachio twitches.

"Hello, hello, everyone!" he proclaims as he works his way into the audience. "Don't be alarmed. It is I, Gorm of the Centiskorch Clan. Please, just pretend I'm one of you."

He nods sagely as the headmaster explains their predicament, understanding exactly none of it. "Ah, yes, mystery dungeons. How sinister! So, ah, we are taking a walk in the woods for our mission. Most bold! They're dangerous woods, I take it? Crawling with ultra beast scum and the like? Why, just you wait for Gorm to give them the old one-two, eh? I'll make mince of them and show them what's what! Leave it to me to solve your little ultra beast problem, Guildmaster."

xZViqfq.gif

Wooloo rolls frantically away from the scary fire bug, taking shelter beneath Ireri's legs.

Calvin silently floats over to the middle stall, and begins to scope out the items the shop seems to have to offer. He pauses, taking it all in, before turning to the Kecleon manning it.

"Hello. My name is Calvin, and I hail from the north of Merrim. This is the first time I have set out on a mission of this nature, and so I must admit I do not know what to expect. The guildmaster had mentioned that we were able to stock up on provisions, should we so desire, so I was looking to inquire what kind of wares I may need for a mission of this sort, if any at all?"

Gorm skitters down the ladder completely vertically, running perpendicular to the ground like a creepy bastard as he leaves a polka-dot tread of singe marks on the wood behind him. He transitions onto the stone floor, pleasantly cool to the touch, and reads the room. Xatu here, bewear there, and a council of powerful-looking, fully-evolved pokémon at the front. What good company! The sizzlipede's mustachio twitches.

"Hello, hello, everyone!" he proclaims as he works his way into the audience. "Don't be alarmed. It is I, Gorm of the Centiskorch Clan. Please, just pretend I'm one of you."

He nods sagely as the headmaster explains their predicament, understanding exactly none of it. "Ah, yes, mystery dungeons. How sinister! So, ah, we are taking a walk in the woods for our mission. Most bold! They're dangerous woods, I take it? Crawling with ultra beast scum and the like? Why, just you wait for Gorm to give them the old one-two, eh? I'll make mince of them and show them what's what! Leave it to me to solve your little ultra beast problem, Guildmaster."

Serra nudged Reena. "...'s the kid Auramah mentioned, the one who's a bit, ah, idealistic," she whispered to her.

"Ah, Gorm!" said the Primarina turning to the recruit. She did not lower himself to his height, but rather stayed as she was.T"he Guildmaster had told us of your impending arrival... Your tribe is famed throughout the land. We are glad we could count on your assistance."

Calvin silently floats over to the middle stall, and begins to scope out the items the shop seems to have to offer. He pauses, taking it all in, before turning to the Kecleon manning it.

"Hello. My name is Calvin, and I hail from the north of Merrim. This is the first time I have set out on a mission of this nature, and so I must admit I do not know what to expect. The guildmaster had mentioned that we were able to stock up on provisions, should we so desire, so I was looking to inquire what kind of wares I may need for a mission of this sort, if any at all?"

The Kecleon gulped, the cold emanating from Calvin putting his nerves on end. "A-ah, we have a se-selection of the finest wares... I would definitely recommend this," he pulls out a small bag. "This has a few apples- enough to tide you over for a day, I reckon- along with berries essential to the health of the body should you be in poor health. They're also organically and locally grown! The producer is right here in town, and she is simply the best at what she does."

Gerald taps his nonexistent chin. "So, we just take a nice forest stroll over to the next town, and check in? Sounds simple enough."

He sets his bag on the ground and rifles through it. "I have a few berries and whatnot in here, but I suppose I could stock up." He gently picks up an ornate teapot out of his bag, gives it a few pats, then clasps the bag shut and slings it over his back again.

"Other than that, I'm ready."
"Fantastic!" exclaimed Teo. "Tea and I will accompany you to the wood's edge once you are all ready."

Ireri is so caught up in her pondering that she doesn't spot the Wooloo, or what she's fleeing, until the young Pokemon is already beneath her. "Oh! Uhhh. What? Do you? Need something?" she asks, lifting one hoof and then the other. Then she actually notices the newcomer, who is talking about - ultra beasts? Making mince of them?

Just who is he? Will he attack her if she annoys him? She backs up hurriedly, rather ruining Wooloo's shelter unless she moves with her.

Kallie notices what the rest of the recruits are doing, and floats over toward the Kecleon.

"Hey, what sort of stuff would you recommend for a trip like this?"

"Personally, we always recommend taking one or two Reviver Seeds. Sometimes clients are careless, or even oneself can slip up from time to time. For similar reasons, we cannot recommend enough the wonderful Oran Berry, which possesses a potent healing power!" The Kecleon held up a blue berry between two of their claws.

“Okay, so, one Reviver Seed and two Oran Berries? Is that okay?”

The Kecleon smiled. "Why, of course! Here you are." They placed the items into a little sack, and handed them over. "Hm. I did not think about how you could carry this. Perhaps designate someone as the one who keeps stock of the inventory?"

Fafnir looks around like "what?"
Teo trots up to Fafnir. "May I help you?" he says, ever cheerful.

Oscen turns to the Kecleon, "May I take three Oran Berries for the journey?"

Kecleon turns back to Oscen. "W-why, of course." He places three berries in a similar sack. "We will offer the same advice we gave your ghostly companion here, find someone who will carry this for you! Not that you aren't capable, simply... it can be a bit difficult."

Back
Top Bottom