• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wal-Mart and Its Business Practices

um, they suck? o.O

EDIT: What's even to argue here? Whether they just kind of suck or whether they suck enough that people should avoid Wal-Mart on principle...? I'm with the latter, I guess; I never go there because I can't stand the place. I've had a $15 gift card sitting on my desk for six months because I have no idea what to do with it.

I work there. It's okay, I guess. For a retail job it pays pretty well and hour-long lunches FTW. Of course they still have no union and they can fire you on a whim and you can't do a damn thing about it but that's retail for you. I can only speak for my Wal-Mart, though.

About their business practices...I really don't have much of an opinion as I never really paid attention and my area of the country doesn't have many local specialties to steal, so yeah.

all the negative things that most other people feel about it.

also, wake up walmart is an interesting website.

Wal-Mart is evil. They're threatening to build one in the town I grew up in, and I just know it'll devastate our local culture and downtown core.

I lost my job at a music store in part due to Wal-Mart and their practice of selling CDs at a loss in order to attract customers to their store. We went out of business because we couldn't compete with Wal-Mart. They're evil.

...and i don't live in the united states, therefore I win

Neither. Australia FTW.

However, I'm certain I can relate. I've seen this weird flower shop appearing lately... And it took over this CD store I used to go to all the time...
And at least one is in every town I visit these days. O___o Like Starbucks.

However, I'm pretty sure that a manager that earns a living from flowers can't be evil. McDonalds would be the most evil thing here management wise.

Back
Top Bottom