• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

what was your initial opinion on first finding out gen 5's pokemon?

I liked all the pokemon initially. I hated the color schemes of previous generations, so the brightly colored, vibrant style of Unova appealed to me. (Albeit a few exceptions) At first. But as time went on, and I did MORE and MORE playthroughs, my favorites dwindled. An initial reaction may have been one of mild annoyance, but after I realized this particular pest's skills were too valuable to ignore,I had to suck it up and bear their overwhelming horrible movepool or torturously bad abilities for the remainder of the game. As they say, familiarity breeds contempt, and it's entirely possible that after innumerable gameplay hours my initial irritation turned to black rage. (no pun intended) Now I absolutely refuse to use any of the pokemon, and instead turn to migrated eggs to form my in game teams, sticking my 5th gen pokemon in box 18 where they may never see the light of day.

May they wallow in their neglect, until I can find a way to turn them into vitamins/rare candies.

Oh, except for darminitan. Its goofy smile appeals to me in a way only a mentally challenged child could.

Then everything that Dispy posted.

Last edited:
I dont think ANYONE hates Snivy. Not the best Nuzlocke pokemon, but it is pretty awesome.

I liked the previous generations, well, just kanto and johto pokemon, because they were based off of real animals, making it seem more appealing rather than just something from a stupid cartoon.

Like;
Stantler~Reindeer
Goldeen~Goldfish
Charmander~ Salamander
Qwilfish~one of those spikey blowfish?
Tauros~Bull, named after the constellation Taurus.
Ursaring~Bear, named afer the constallation ursa major.
Etc, etc

Now, in unova, they have....an icicle and a trash bag......a steel ant.....a freaky ice dragon.....really? I'd have to say that Unova was the second region that i liked all the starters, the first being Kanto. (I dont like totodile or treecko.I Hate all of the sinnoh starters, I hate them.)

No Totodile and Treecko are my friends :(

*coughcough*

Favorites of Unova are pro'lly Haxorus, Druddigon (or something), and Genesect.

I really like Unova's designs, and all the bug-type love it got. That's mostly it, it doesn't deserve any putdowns.

Back
Top Bottom