• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's YOUR type?

What's YOUR fav type?

• Normal

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Fight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flying

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Poison

• Ground

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Rock

• Bug

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ghost

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Steel

• Fire

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Water

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Grass

• Electric

• Psychic

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Ice

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dragon

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Dark

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. Psychic- I have always felt that "mind over matter" if a bit clichéd, is the way to go in everything. Also, if you look at the list of Standard play, you will find that Psychic types completely dominate it.

2. Ice- Although most of the Ice types do not deserve to exist, moves like Ice Beam and Avalanche are almost certain to be on almost every single team, for the way they completely devastate Dragon types.

3. Flying- Despite the fact that they are weak to Electric, they do get some fantastic switch-ins on Earthquake, perhaps the most common move in the game. Also, who wouldn't love to fly on a Salamence or a Level 1 Starly?

4. Grass- Grass is one of those things that I really like despite the fact that they are not used extremely often anyway. Nature is made to be embraced. If it did not exist, we would not exist.

5. Dark- I love these mainly for their resistance to Ghost types and their immunity to Psychic types, which means complete destruction to those. Also, Pursuit is a large thing that keeps Psychics from dominating too much.

6. Normal- Everything needs a basis to build upon, doesn’t it, and Normal types are perfect. How can one not love their utter simplicity and their massive hidden powers?

7. Steel- Steel defends against everything, to the point where players argue that it should become weaker. A case in point is the mighty Dialga, which, coupled with its Dragon typing, resists 11 types and is immune to another.

8. Electric- Electric types have devastating Speed and Special Attack, making perfect Sweepers or Baton Passers, and Thunderbolt hits a lot of things super effectively. They are a staple on almost every team you will see out there.

9. Ground- Earthquake is perhaps the most common move in the entire game, which will be on nearly every Physical sweeper that can learn it. However, their Special Defenses are often low enough to make a single Special attack rip gashing holes in them, so while the moves are great, Ground types wouldn’t be as good if they couldn’t get STAB on their Earthquakes.

10. Water- Ah...the bulky waters that wall every attack that comes their way. As an example, let me cite the Suicune that got off a few Calm Minds and then proceeded to shatter my team with Surf and Ice Beam. There was also the Gyarados that Taunted its way across my Trick Room team, and quickly ripped me apart. I have had some pretty bad experiences with Water types, unfortunately.

11. Dragon- This one is more of a love-hate relationship. I love the ones I use, and I hate the ones that my opponents use. Dragons reign mightily over everything, but die to a quick ice attack. Do you notice how Salamence use is slowly decreasing, while Garchomp is filling in the void?

12. Fighting- See first sentence of number one. However, they are usually pretty useful, and do cover quite a lot of annoying and common types, like Steel and Normal. I just fail to like them due to personal things, nothing else.

13.Fire- These have such a huge myriad of weaknesses to common types, like Ground and Water. However, as with Poison, Burn is much too good to bump Fire all the way down.

14. Rock- I have no idea why I don't like rock. It's not their weaknesses, or a bad battling experience, or anything else. I just don't like them, and can't explain why.

15.Poison- Poison types come with a myriad of weaknesses, including Ground and Psychic. They only hit one type super effectively, and can't even hit Steel at all. However, Toxic is pretty good, which is the only thing that kept me from putting this in a lower spot.

16. Ghost- These things wreck the Choice-Banded rampages of my Normal and Fighting types, and they are so overly common as well. Practically every single Ghost is either in Standard or BorderLine. I did not put Ghosts this low because they are bad, but rather because they are too good. Spiritomb and Dusknoir are just cruel and unusual punishment.

17. Bug- These are entomologically wrong, which, for some odd reason, annoys me. Bugs are not insects in any way; they require sharp, sucking mouthparts to be classified as such. Also, Bug types lack good resistances, and are weak to may things. Why are they weak to Rock? Do the designers literally throw rocks at insects and see if they are badly affected?

Back
Top Bottom