• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wi-Fi League Battle Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Battle Tower Rules
Version 1.0.0

Welcome to the Battle Tower! Here you may arrange casual battles with anyone you like. There are only a few simple rules to follow, so look 'em over, fill out the challenge form and have a good time butting heads with your friends!

..::Battle Tower Basics::..

The Battle Tower CAN be used for:

-Asking for opponents in Wi-Fi battles (using the challenge form, found a little ways down this post)

-Asking questions about the conditions of a challenge BEFORE the challenge is accepted

-Accepting said challenges

-Asking questions about Battle Tower rules ONLY (if you have questions about other areas of the Wi-Fi League, ask them in the appropriate topic or PM a member of the HC)

The Battle Tower CANNOT be used for:

-Asking questions about the details of a challenge AFTER the challenge is accepted

-Chatting

-Posting battle records (i.e. posting to say "I beat Mary Sue")

-Organizing tournaments of any sort. Official tournaments can only be started by the HC or HC-appointed officials; if you have an idea for a tournament, PM one of us about it.

The Battle Tower is the ONLY place in this forum in which you are allowed to issue such challenges. You MUST use this thread to arrange battles; you cannot create your own thread or make a post in a separate thread.

All Battle Tower battles are casual and unofficial; therefore, no records are kept and there is no need to report match results. Also, the current Wi-Fi League Ban List does not apply to the tower in general.

..::Issuing Challenges::..

If you want to set up a challenge, use the form below to provide the requisite information. Note that all challenges made here are open challenges. If you wish to challenge a specific person, contact him/her via PM or some other method. Alternatively, you can challenge that person to a battle here but include the condition that, should that person refuse the challenge, it becomes an open challenge.

Form:

Friend Code or Trainer ID: The friend code you'll be using. If you're registered, you can provide a link to your ID instead.
Battle Platform: DS games or Pokémon Battle Revolution.
Battle Style: There are several possible options for this field. See below.
Rules: There are several possible options for this field. See below.
Timezone: Your timezone in Greenwich Meridian Time (GMT)--not your region-specific timezone names, please. This makes it easier to coordinate battle times.
Other: Anything else you think you need to say about the challenge you are issuing, i.e. you don't use EV-trained Pokémon, etc.

About Battle Style:

[DS versions:] When you log onto Nintendo WFC, click on your name and choose the "Single Battle" or "Double Battle" option. You will then have the option "Free* Single/Double", "LV. 50 Single/Double" and "LV. 100 Single/Double". So, those are your six options for the battle style: Free Single, Free Double, Lv50 Single, Lv50 Double, LV100 Single and Lv100 Double. So, for example, if you want to have a double battle with Lv50 Pokémon, you would list "Lv50 Double" as your Battle Style. If you don't care which battle style you use or would like your opponent to choose, say "Opponent chooses".

*Free means the Pokémon will battle at whatever their actual level is, as opposed to being forced up/down to level 50 or 100.

[PBR:] The level restrictions are different in PBR. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to use the "Battle with a Friend" feature yet. Until I can, I can't provide details about this option. If you are issuing a PBR challenge, be sure to declare the battle style and any level limits.

About Rules: Set any rules you would like the battle to follow. Examples of possible rules include: no evolved Pokémon, only two Pokémon per trainer, no held items, etc. You can also ban certain Pokémon or items from the battle. You can simply ban the Pokémon on the official Ban List if you like, or you can accept those and ban other Pokémon; ban Magikarp and Caterpie, for all we care. If you want to allow your opponent to decide on any or all of the rules, say "Opponent chooses" for all rules that apply. PBR also has additional rules that can be set using its rules system; if you intend to use any of those rules, such as disallowing two allied Pokémon to be asleep at the same time, say so here.

..::Accepting Challenges::..

If you're itching for a battle but don't feel like throwing the gauntlet yourself, browse this topic until you find a match that interests you. If you see a challenge you like, post here saying that you accept the challenge. If the issuer of the challenge has no objections, that is the last post that needs to be made concerning that particular challenge. Once a challenge has been accepted, ALL further battle arrangements and/or discussion of rules must be restricted to PM or another method of contact to keep this thread from becoming cluttered. If you have a question (about the challenge's rules, for example) you would like to ask the issuer of the challenge, you may ask it here BEFORE you accept the challenge.

It is up to the issuer and the challenger how the battle is conducted. The Battle Tower is not responsible for arranging match times or other such things.

..::Conducting the Battles::..

Once a challenge has been accepted and the details have been worked out over PM, IM, etc., both trainers will meet on Nintendo WFC and conduct their battle. That's... really all there is to it. After the arranged battle is completed, you and your opponent are certainly welcome to chat, trade, hold another battle, or simply finish and disconnect.

..::Anything Else::..

Each person is limited to having three open challenges at one time. If you would like to issue another challenge, wait until one of your open ones has been accepted. Alternatively, you are certainly welcome to browse the other challenges to find one you like.

Under no circumstances is the issuer of the challenge obligated to agree to battle someone who accepts their challenge, although unless there are extenuating circumstances there is no real reason not to.

The Battle Tower works on an honor system. If you agree to accept someone's challenge, it is assumed that you are agreeing to abide by all of their terms; it is also assumed that the issuer of the original challenge will abide by their own rules. However, if one or both trainers does not follow the rules, there is nothing that the Battle Tower, the High Council or anyone else can do about it. While we would certainly like to be able to monitor battles to ensure honesty, there is no logical way to do this, and as such any claims of "cheating" during Battle Tower battles cannot be proved; they are all cases of "he said, she said". Understand that by issuing and accepting challenges here in the Battle Tower, you take the risk that one or both trainers might be dishonest. Although we certainly hope that won't happen.

So, yeah... get out there and battle, you crazy people you!

Last edited:
Friend Code or Trainer ID: 4381 9024 5685
Battle Platform: Pokemon Battle Revolution
Battle Style: Singles, 6v6
Rules: No banned Pokemon, no double team or ohko attacks, sleep cause, no hacked Pokemon
Timezone: Eastern Time
Other: EV Trained Pokemon will be used

Friend Code or Trainer ID: 3995-8327-3665
Battle Platform: Diamond
Battle Style: Double, 6v6, lv. 100 battle.
Rules:No hacked Pokemon, Event onlys, excluding Darkrai and Manaphy, are banned,.
Timezone:EST
Other: I still don't understand EV training, so none of that for me!Does Pokerus help with EV training?

Last edited:
Other: My hghest level is in the low 80s, so I own no Lv 100s, I still don't understand EV training.
Just FYI, this doesn't matter on wi-fi because you can scale your levels to 50 or 100. Even if all of your pokémon were level 1, they would fight at lv. 100 online. Unless you specifically wanted to do an "open level" battle, in which case they would appear at their ingame level.

I didn't know that, only times I've used Wi-Fi was for trading :P So my challenge is edited.

Rules:No hacked Pokemon, Event onlys, excluding Darkrai and Manaphy, are banned,.
Other: I still don't understand EV training, so none of that for me! Does Pokerus help with EV training?

Accepting.

Friend Code is 2878 9359 0614

Once a challenge has been accepted, ALL further battle arrangements and/or discussion of rules must be restricted to PM or another method of contact to keep this thread from becoming cluttered.
PM him, please.

Rules:No hacked Pokemon, Event onlys, excluding Darkrai,Sinnoh in-game legends, and Manaphy, are banned.
Other: I still don't understand EV training, so none of that for me!Does Pokerus help with EV training?

Yep, I wouldst like another battle! I just had a battle randomly with Kai, he beat me all three times :/ And then traded me a shiny Eevee! ^.^

Friend Code or Trainer ID: Trainer Card - Using Platinum
Battle Platform: D/P/Pt
Battle Style: Lv 100, Singles
Rules: Sleep Clause, No Double Team, Hax Item Clause, League Ban applied.
Timezone: GMT -4
Other: Using EV Trained Pokemon.

umm... ill try. drop me a PM when you're ready.
Trainer ID.
Battle Platform: Pearl (so DS)
Style: Lv.100 6-on-6 SINGLES
Rules: No OHKO moves, more than one item/Pokemon species, no hacks, no legendaries, sleep clause, and evasiveness clause (no evasive boost, accuracy lower unless side effect), and I'm fairly certain thats it for now.
Timezone: GMT-5? Whatever EST is.
Other: No-EV trained please. Good Luck.

Friend Code or Trainer ID: 2321 4595 4177
Battle Platform: Platinum
Battle Style: lv. 100 double
Rules: No legendaries, no hacked pokemon, no OHKO moves.
Timezone: GMT+2
Other: ?

Friend Code: 0732-2284-5184
Game:Platinum(DS)
Style: Will be Lv. 100 3-3
Rules: No legendaries, hacked pokemon, OHKO moves, moves that affect accuracy unless it's a side effect(Such aas Muddy Water), and no sleep inducing moves
Time Zone: GMT-5, GMT-4 during Daylight Savings
Other: no EV trained pokemon please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom