• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

My Togekiss♀, Techa, picked Draco Meteor when it used Metronome.

It also tried to learn Follow Me twice, once when it leveled up (24) and when it evolved.

Once in one of my red files, I was in battle with Sabrina. I had her down to Kadabra and then she had me down to just an under trained pikachu. So I sent it out, and randomly clicked Seismic toss ready to be defeated. Pikachu went first as it turned out, KADABRA FAINTED ONE HIT KO! My jaw dropped!

My silver game, my late silver game as it died a few years ago I went though hell traveling the whirl islands in search of Lugia. I finally find him and save in front of him, once I have him where I want him I go to my pokeballs and realized despite thinking I had plenty only actually have one great ball. Not wanting to go through that hell getting here again I decided to keep using the great ball until it works(resetting when it does not). So still in the first try I throw the great ball, LUGIA IS CAUGHT!

Lastly but most amazing in my opinion, in my leaf green. I was in battle with Brock with my starter Charmander, Pikachu and Rattata. He fainted Charmander and Pikachu leaving it at Ratatta Vs. Onix. Onix mostly used Bind and Bide, and Ratatta would dish out a few tail whips and then a quick attack and needed some potions when bide would hit. It was a bit of a slow process but ONIX WENT DOWN. My little rattata won! I was so proud and he remains a member of my team now as I train for the elite four.

Well it must of taken a lot of time because Primeape has Rock Slide and Poliwrath has Surf.
Speaking of which, Poliwrath never used Body Slam or Hypnosis on me. Just Surf and Focus Punch. :P

Well it must of taken a lot of time because Primeape has Rock Slide and Poliwrath has Surf.
Speaking of which, Poliwrath never used Body Slam or Hypnosis on me. Just Surf and Focus Punch. :P

Yeah probably and a lot of potions too like my Rattata Vs. Brock's onix.

I beat Red with a team of level 55's on my first runthrough of HG. It was difficult and it involved literally stalling the hell out of Blastoise until it died from Hail but I did it.

honchkrow has hideously low defenses.
Oh. Makes sense.

On Diamond, I was trying to catch Dialga without using my Master Ball. It failed to be caught in a Quick Ball, WHICH ANNOYED ME TO NO END seeing that it has a catch rate of THIRTY (not three) and... I caught it in a Quick Ball on Platinum. So, WTF?

(I ended up running away from it, traded over the Master Ball to Platinum and used it on Cresselia. Besides, I already have a Platinum Dialga, but...)

You think I don't know? Also, a Quick Ball's effectiveness lasts for 5 turns, not 1. Learn your Poke Ball facts. :P

Actually, it is only one turn. If it isn't...well, the last thing I remember about a Quick Ball's catch rate was from Butterfree's guide-thing.

veekun item descriptions kind of haven't been updated in ages. bug report noted, and probably won't be fixed for a long time.

I'd link you to magical's explanations, but they won't load for me at the moment. probably ever.

Veekun is always right.

Do note that you're on a forum whose website has a fucking capture calculator detailing the specifics of the Pokéballs. If you went there, looked at the data for Quick Ball, and did the fucking math you'd realize that it really is only the first turn.

Back
Top Bottom