• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

STEAM SALE AHEAD, CAPTAIN

omg paradox strategy pack down from £145 to £32! this would be amazing BUT
a) I already bought EUIII + Heir to the Throne
b) there's a lot of rather pointless DLC in the package which makes the price somewhat less attractive
c) I have absolutely no interest in EU:Rome
d) including both HoI II and III is somewhat redundant
BUT if anyone hasn't bought a paradox game before I heartily recommend this deal. you will literally waste hours of your life on these games.

also

KOTOR FOR ONE POUND SEVENTY FOUR I THINK I JUST CAME A LITTLE

How does Steam manage to stay in the black with all these sales?

It's pretty simple, really.

>If stuff is expensive, less people will buy it
>if it goes on sale, then lots more will buy it
>the number of people buying it makes up for the drop in price

see offline stores do this too, with excellent results. For example, I work event temp at a Value Village/Savers, which recently had its Canada Day sale, which all clothing, accessories, and so on, was 50% off. Tons of people came, and the store made nearly twice the amount of money it normally does on a single day.

^ Don't forget that they get 100% profit for Valve games, which are usually the ones with the biggest drop in price.
I mean Valve Complete Pack is 82% off! That's pretty massive.

I usually find in these sales that the things I'd buy are what I already own. I missed out on the bttf game yesterday but hopefully something good will come up tomorrow in five minutes.

It's pretty simple, really.

>If stuff is expensive, less people will buy it
>if it goes on sale, then lots more will buy it
>the number of people buying it makes up for the drop in price

see offline stores do this too, with excellent results. For example, I work event temp at a Value Village/Savers, which recently had its Canada Day sale, which all clothing, accessories, and so on, was 50% off. Tons of people came, and the store made nearly twice the amount of money it normally does on a single day.

True, but this is Steam we're talking about; when aren't they having a sale?

It's actually quite good for business. If the game is cheaper than the physical version you get at a store, then more people will buy it via Steam. Then there's the profit thing Rasrap Smurf mentioned, as well as the fact that is a popular game (like Portal2 or something) goes on sale then people will scramble to buy it rather than being on the fence about it. Plus the huge Steam userbase, and they make a damn good profit I would say.

I am using this as an opportunity to finally get around to playing Portal. I'm still too cheap for Portal 2 but we'll get there.

Anyone have any recommendations for good games that happen to be super cheap right now?

Anyone have any recommendations for good games that happen to be super cheap right now?

Plants Vs Zombies is really fun and addictive, and like 4$, plus Bioshock 2 is on now too! I've heard Super Meat Boy is good, as well.

I may go for Bioshock 2 actually. I have the first one already, though not on Steam.

I want Bioshock 2 really badly but my computer is too shit to run it. :( Same for Vicky 2, which is really sad.

I have Bioshock 2 but I might get the first.
I've heard the first is so good that it makes the second look awful in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom