• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why?

But anyways, welcome! I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the ASB forums.

I haven't even looked at that section of the forum yet, so you must know something I don't. Are the Anime-Style battles really that great to read, write and be a part of?

I glanced at that section. Mostly at the first section, truth be told, with a few VS threads in it. All of the work seems to be on the shoulders of the 'judge' in each thread, leaving everyone to the mercy, or lack thereof, of said judge. And what's this thing with featureless white rooms, anyway?

I... don't think I'll go there just yet, neither as a battler or as a judge. It seems a little too time-intensive.

Last thing: is it really possible to get everything you want in this place by whining loudly and being a pissy little bitch? I'm both shocked and amazed.

Wow, that's something I haven't ever heard before! Circa about, hm, what, four/five years ago? Man, you're vintage.

Wow, that's something I haven't ever heard before! Circa about, hm, what, four/five years ago? Man, you're vintage.

Except I've just joined, and I was merely expressing surprise over what this next quote is implying.

if I remember right, there did used to be a 'don't be an asshat' rule a long, long time ago, but it just caused drama because 'being an asshat' is somewhat more subjective than flaming or spamming or something.

'But it just caused drama' is kind of an internet term meaning 'people bitched and whined and wanted their own way'. That it made an admin repeal a rule is somewhat shocking to me, hence the question.

But yes, I'm totally old-school. I'm just not old-school here.

Incidentally, are you a Brony?

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU

I demand to see your Internet ID at once.

And I don't personally think we've had any cases where people just ~whined~ until they ~got their own way~. Generally people think things out and explain their arguments before we remove things. Like reputation.

Geez, that was a fight.

Uh-huh. You do this to everyone who seems even slightly stable when they first sign up, don't you? What, you think everyone out there in Internetland is a crazy, bunny-boiling, knife-wielding sadist with a tendency to make as many different alt-accounts as possible, or something? Kinda reminds me of this one place I went to, where everyone seemed to think I was someone-else's alt straight away and tried to harass me into telling them who I really was. That crap got old really fast; I don't find that kind of thing funny in the slightest.

Uh-huh. You do this to everyone who seems even slightly stable when they first sign up, don't you? What, you think everyone out there in Internetland is a crazy, bunny-boiling, knife-wielding sadist with a tendency to make as many different alt-accounts as possible, or something? Kinda reminds me of this one place I went to, where everyone seemed to think I was someone-else's alt straight away and tried to harass me into telling them who I really was. That crap got old really fast; I don't find that kind of thing funny in the slightest.

Yes. Everyone. All of the people. That's why I have so many posts in Introd

oh

ಠ_ಠ yourself!

It just amused me, since that particular phrasing sounded exactly like a delightful chap who used to peruse these forums. I don't mean ill-will. :^)

Yeah, but I didn't say that you found it amusing! I said that I did. It was amusing. Calm yer pants.

Okay, okay, break it up!
Quit with the arguing; you two should have learned by now arguing like this will get you nowhere.
Bronies, newbies, can't we all just get along?

This guy sounds familiar....

"Stop arguing! I'm going to bring up the very thing Zoroark got iffy about!"

Pretend there's an appropriate .gif to express my bemusement here.

ಠ_ಠ

Carrying on with a joke that someone doesn't find amusing is something a total jerk would do, isn't it?

I'm not carrying on, actually, but okay! I apologise for the emotional distress.

I'm sorry, Sparkle. I do think my first impression of you is pretty much unsalvageable at this point; I think you're a jerk. u.u

See you around, I suppose.

Similarly, spamming could be argued to be subjective too; if you like something a lot, and have a tendency to obsessively post the link everywhere in a well-meaning attempt to get people into it as well, then I'm sure you'd be affronted by the merest suggestion that you were spamming. On the other hand, if you tend to post one-sentence replies everywhere, so that your postcount jumps into the thousands within two days, that might be seen as spamming too.

Both examples are different only in content, but I'm going to guess that only one of them would get an infraction or a warning under more specific rules. Both would be examples of Asshattery.
... well, not really? posting off-topic or without context is pretty obviously spamming? there really isn't that much of a bias towards longer-than-a-sentence posts, really, as long as you're on-topic it's all good? I mean if it's obvious you're just posting for postcount+, you might get told off, but we don't tend to get that much here anyway. generally people are warned first anyway, so.

Last thing: is it really possible to get everything you want in this place by whining loudly and being a pissy little bitch? I'm both shocked and amazed.
you seem to be making a huger deal about this than anyone else who's actually been a member here recently. :o there have been several examples of whining where someone hasn't got their way!

I don't get why you're asking since you seem to have already formed some opinion of this forum anyway, but whatever!

Back
Top Bottom