• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

We couldn’t. I asked Butterfree if I could swap with a dead person, she said that a necroswap would always fail.

Got it! I think i misunderstood a mechanic about this. That's too bad. Should we swap a little more amongst ourselves, or let it be now? I'm sorry I keep asking, it's just that Kokorico brought up that e thinks I should do a few more swaps to trip things up (my stance, personally), but Rari_teh and Mr. Ultracool seemed to be okay with keeping it on me for the night, and with all the info revealed about it and all the other discussions going on, I can't even tell if it'll make a difference anymore???

Getting to that overthinking point where I'm wondering if a mafia!RNP started everything a few pages back as a distraction. At the very least, it changed the flow of the conversation pretty strongly for a bit. Quick, is there anything else we were trying to figure out before EoD? We have plans for our healers, suspects for the next day phase... I think that should be it, right?

We have plans for our healers, suspects for the next day phase... I think that should be it, right?
we still have like a few hours left don't we? i'm uneasy about the healers' plan since
I feel like trying to heal clash vig on MF is less likely to succeed than just lynching her purely because there are so many unknowns in the night phase.

i feel like all this discussion is kinda swirling around my head. like. y'all seem to have Plans and Such for hypothetically lynching rnp and healclashcircusvigging mf, but idk if having Long ass plans necessarily means that they're better plans than just taking the simple approach of d4 lynching a (98%) confirmed wolf, d5 lynching an anti-town likely wolf wildcard? although I do admit that rnp seems mechanically more dangerous/anti-town, so that reasoning lands well with me.

just wanted to voice my concerns there a bit. I'll back up whatever towncore wants to do tbh but if we lynch rnp today then the instant that d5 chat opens up im re-seating my mf vote so we dont forget about it.

(also re:rnp, nothing is meant personal my dude :(( i hope your day has been better than yesterday tbh)

just wanted to voice my concerns there a bit. I'll back up whatever towncore wants to do tbh but if we lynch rnp today then the instant that d5 chat opens up im re-seating my mf vote so we dont forget about it.
this is also my plan. basically the summarized version is just

- rnp/mf are our two leads
- mf is probably actually mafia, we don't know about RNP but he seems possibly scummy
- if we lynch rnp then vigging mf could save us a lynch and confirm that the healers are legit (+ VM is indeed a white mage)
- if we lynch mf today instead then rnp has to get vetted somehow
- either way, mf probably gone

but i think i'm of the mindset that the vig might not be worth it? :x

btw i want to say for accountability's sake that i'm probably going to sit on the rnp wagon for a bit, but i don't know if i'll see it through. please. i don't want to get FoS'ed for possibly wagonjumping

i also would rather the rnp wagon not immediately dissolve, because i'm at least hoping to put enough pressure on that even if we end up lynching mf instead, we've at least learned something (like whether or not to actually pursue rnp in earnest toMorrow)

i also would rather the rnp wagon not immediately dissolve, because i'm at least hoping to put enough pressure on that even if we end up lynching mf instead, we've at least learned something (like whether or not to actually pursue rnp in earnest toMorrow)
i can vibe with this reasoning tbh.
rnp

d5 lynching an anti-town likely wolf wildcard?
the thing is that if rnp doesn't end up seeming any less scummy to me, i think the cost-benefit analysis actually does favor lynching rnp now and mf later; a badly-targeted roleblock could severely fuck us up going into n/d5 and we probably won't have much confirmation/faith that rnp will act less loose-cannon.

in contrast, i don't think killing mf right now saves us from anything, as long as we stay the course and do get her soon

i think i kind of just feel like mf is not talking and we're not really learning anything from lynching her today that we wouldn't by doing it tomorrow. scum is not going to win the game overnight; if anything she might speak tomorrow and give us more to go on. however since she's basically sorted i'm not really pressed about lynching her asap. that's the main reason i felt eh about her before. i think in the absence of rari's read on mf i would probably be railing on rnp right now but think both wagons are defensible so eh i'm not going to press too hard

Hm.

Not fully caught up, but eh, I kind of want to give RNP another day here? Not out of him being like ultra towny - I think it’s plausible that he’d behave the way that he has as either alignment, since blocking Stryke has an obvious agenda but revealing as mafia roleblocker is like pretty bad when he could just block an info role silently. I’m just not super swayed by the cases that I’ve seen. We’re trying to lynch mafia, not people who are behaving in anti-town ways.

In any case I feel like trying to heal clash vig on MF is less likely to succeed than just lynching her purely because there are so many unknowns in the night phase.

I'm kind of in the same mind about this. I don't think it's a bad idea to try and use the healer clash to our advantage but if we've been rolling around the idea that Eifie died because there's something unknown out there we haven't accoutned for I'm not entirely sure why that logic doesn't also apply to offing M&F in this way being rather uncertain? Which is ironic because I think we can agree at this point that M&F is the more certain hit.

Something I've been thinking about is maybe this is a more valuable tact to pick off one of the more inactive slots? They're not really a topic I think any wants to spend a day lynch on because it'll basically kill discussion and just doesn't feel good but equally I think we need to have some way of resolving uncertainty in those slots and don't really want to be in situation where we're on like day 7 and still have no idea about them.

Hm.

I'm kind of in the same mind about this. I don't think it's a bad idea to try and use the healer clash to our advantage but if we've been rolling around the idea that Eifie died because there's something unknown out there we haven't accoutned for I'm not entirely sure why that logic doesn't also apply to offing M&F in this way being rather uncertain? Which is ironic because I think we can agree at this point that M&F is the more certain hit.

Something I've been thinking about is maybe this is a more valuable tact to pick off one of the more inactive slots? They're not really a topic I think any wants to spend a day lynch on because it'll basically kill discussion and just doesn't feel good but equally I think we need to have some way of resolving uncertainty in those slots and don't really want to be in situation where we're on like day 7 and still have no idea about them.
i kind of just don't really see how this ever gets resolved tbh. like i feel like the limiting factor on our understanding here is not Time The Suspects Have Spent Alive but rather the information they're willing to divulge and i don't think they're going to willingly offer that information now or soon if they haven't already. like what would you actually be waiting for before feeling fully comfortable with an rnp/mf lynch in this scenario

i think i kind of just feel like mf is not talking and we're not really learning anything from lynching her today that we wouldn't by doing it tomorrow. scum is not going to win the game overnight; if anything she might speak tomorrow and give us more to go on. however since she's basically sorted i'm not really pressed about lynching her asap. that's the main reason i felt eh about her before. i think in the absence of rari's read on mf i would probably be railing on rnp right now but think both wagons are defensible so eh i'm not going to press too hard
this is basically how i feel. i didn't think an mf lynch was pointless before, but now i don't think it matters (like, if it did, wouldn't we be in lylo already?) the one thing in favor of mf over rnp is that she has a copread against her, and rnp doesn't, but see point (a)

maybe this is a more valuable tact to pick off one of the more inactive slots?
like, maybe, but then which one? that's pretty much just seri (who i TR for now), flora (who is the closest we have to a real inactive), and ... i think that's it?

also we'd lose the rnp pressure that's getting put on right now and i feel really meh about letting go of that

Just to be clear the only reason I'm not floating switch RNP to healervigclash is because I kind of think despite what kokorico's talked about that he is a in all likelihood just a regular role blocker and would stop that from happening, regardless of alignment

and the inactives are always going to be a question mark, and by that logic we'd have to pick them off over the course of a couple days anyway. honestly another concept is doing the experimental healclashvig on one of them lol if we REALLY really wanted but. :/ it would be different i think if we were discussing backing off of an MF lynch altogether but that isn't the case. either way i think we just need more rnp info and i don't feel good enough to let things go without getting to hear more of substance from him

i kind of just don't really see how this ever gets resolved tbh. like i feel like the limiting factor on our understanding here is not Time The Suspects Have Spent Alive but rather the information they're willing to divulge and i don't think they're going to willingly offer that information now or soon if they haven't already. like what would you actually be waiting for before feeling fully comfortable with an rnp/mf lynch in this scenario
Sorry, I don't really get what you're saying here?

Some other ways we could attempt to resolve the more inactive people is to body swap with them, or inspect them, although Rari did say it comes with a disclaimer about roles that could get wrong inspections.

the one thing in favor of mf over rnp is that she has a copread against her
I mean, I think this is an extremely major thing, haha. I'm not really opposed to RNP pressure though.

Back
Top Bottom