• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I mean, I think this is an extremely major thing, haha. I'm not really opposed to RNP pressure though.
it IS a major thing, but i said that in the exact context of "who do we lynch first" not who do we lynch at all? i agree with everyone else that MF is pretty much a locked kill/lynch because of that

Sorry, I don't really get what you're saying here?
you're saying that you're not fully comfortable lynching someone until the mystery surrounding them is resolved bc you don't want to end up still scratching your head about it Days later, right? if i'm interpreting your post correctly and that is what you're saying, then what i'm saying is that i feel like you may very well be waiting for that to be resolved forever and i don't think we should wait for it before considering lynches

like, maybe, but then which one? that's pretty much just seri (who i TR for now), flora (who is the closest we have to a real inactive), and ... i think that's it?

If you have a mo could you explain seri out a bit more? (or if you've already talked about it would you mind directing me sorry ' ') Thoughts about mist?

I'm on a touchscreen, so I'm already sorry for the upcoming typos.
Got it! I think i misunderstood a mechanic about this. That's too bad. Should we swap a little more amongst ourselves, or let it be now? I'm sorry I keep asking, it's just that Kokorico brought up that e thinks I should do a few more swaps to trip things up (my stance, personally), but Rari_teh and Mr. Ultracool seemed to be okay with keeping it on me for the night, and with all the info revealed about it and all the other discussions going on, I can't even tell if it'll make a difference anymore???
I think I'd also rather have this role chucked around a little more tbh, but you do you
don't want to get FoS'ed for possibly wagonjumping
I wouldn't FoS you over that and I doubt anyone else would tbh
It's pretty much established at this point that you're town

Ottercopter votes M&F (#3655)
mewtini votes M&F (#3656)
Herbe votes M&F (#3657)
rari_teh votes M&F (#3687)
Panini votes M&F (#3695)
Seshas votes M&F (#3701)
kyeugh votes M&F (#3717)
kyeugh votes RedneckPhoenix (#3802)
mewtini votes RedneckPhoenix (#3821)
kokorico votes M&F (#3822)
Vipera Magnifica votes RedneckPhoenix (#3825)
Herbe votes RedneckPhoenix (#3869)
Keldeo votes RedneckPhoenix (#3880)

Herbe votes RedneckPhoenix (#3869)
Keldeo votes RedneckPhoenix (#3880)
Ottercopter votes M&F (#3655)
Panini votes M&F (#3695)
Seshas votes M&F (#3701)
Vipera Magnifica votes RedneckPhoenix (#3825)
kokorico votes M&F (#3822)
kyeugh votes RedneckPhoenix (#3802)
mewtini votes RedneckPhoenix (#3821)
rari_teh votes M&F (#3687)

Vote counts:
RedneckPhoenix (5) (Herbe, Keldeo, Vipera Magnifica, kyeugh, mewtini)
M&F (5) (Ottercopter, Panini, Seshas, kokorico, rari_teh)
No vote (15) (Mawile, Flora, M&F, JackPK, I liek Squirtles, Stryke, serimachi, Negrek, RedneckPhoenix, Mr. Ultracool, IndigoEmmy, Odie_Pie, Eifie, Mist1422, Boquise)

If you have a mo could you explain seri out a bit more? (or if you've already talked about it would you mind directing me sorry ' ') Thoughts about mist?
np! my seri read is very gentle haha, i was starkly neutral on them but am now choosing to lightly TR them because MF tried to campaign a seri lynch (very briefly) so if MF is mafia as we think, then seri is probably not mafia (especially bc there were other inactives MF could have chosen)

no thoughts on mist tbh but i don't think that an earnest mist discussion atm makes sense in light of everything else we have to go on

🤔 butterfree has a script that counts votes automatically, so this is probably not a good idea ftr.
I register the actual votes manually; otherwise everyone making typos, or calling RedneckPhoenix RNP, would not have their votes counted. The script just tallies them up.

I register the actual votes manually; otherwise everyone making typos, or calling RedneckPhoenix RNP, would not have their votes counted. The script just tallies them up.
oooh. good point! what happens in cases like rari's tierlist where there's a bunch of bolded names that aren't intended as votes? :'D
np! my seri read is very gentle haha, i was starkly neutral on them but am now choosing to lightly TR them because MF tried to campaign a seri lynch (very briefly) so if MF is mafia as we think, then seri is probably not mafia (especially bc there were other inactives MF could have chosen)
this post feels like my brain when i'm playing sudoku.

oooh. good point! what happens in cases like rari's tierlist where there's a bunch of bolded names that aren't intended as votes? :'D
Again, because I register votes manually, so long as it's comprehensible to a human (me) when you intend to vote for somebody, you're fine.

The automated vote counting scripts that I've seen require a special formatting, like "Vote: Username", to distinguish from non-vote bolding. Or I guess you could ban bolding names outside of voting, hehe.

RedneckPhoenix (5) (Herbe, Keldeo, Vipera Magnifica, kyeugh, mewtini)
If RNP is actually mafia, I would townread pretty much everyone on this wagon even more than currently. In some sense this wagon is "fake" because MF was pretty much always going to be today's lynch, but I think most of these people were actually pushing for RNP's eventual death.

Some other ways we could attempt to resolve the more inactive people is to body swap with them, or inspect them, although Rari did say it comes with a disclaimer about roles that could get wrong inspections.
The part that bothers me about swapping with an inactive is that I'm worried it'll probably become the end of our swapping unless they suddenly become active again.

I think I'd also rather have this role chucked around a little more tbh, but you do you
Neat. Well then, it's not me, it's you.

...Still torn about RNP and probably gonna stay that way for a while, not gonna lie. I see what you mean about RNP as mafia revealing more info and getting rid of the threat of an unreliable roleblocker, but I also sorta wonder about a scenario where MF is the main killer right now. She didn't post much, but she DID keep up with the thread, which is what I sort of expect from whoever leads the mafia right now. So I wonder if the sort of person the mafia would target would change if she died, or if maybe the next in line would be an inactive and we'd even get no death the next day. ...Which is also what a correct heal could do, admittedly.

That's deeeeeefinitely assuming a lot, I know. it's just something I've been thinking about because I see good reasons to lynch both of them.

Back
Top Bottom