• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

TL;DR: I definitely regret missing EoD4
Vipera is surrounded with so much weirdness that Occam's Razor says that he's scum
i'm not going to deny a lot of weird stuff has happened around me so i can't really blame you for scumreading me but i explained earlier in a longpost why i couldn't be mafia

to paraphrase, if you accept the fact that i was town universal backup at the start of the game, i would have no reason to lie about the condition that I inherit the role of the non-mafia player to die. if i inherited a mafia role, that would directly contradict what i said back then. unless you somehow think i was never universal backup to begin with and was mafia from the very beginning, i don't see how that would be possible? but even that doesn't make a ton of sense because if i was a mafia doctor from the start of the game, just what the hell was Jack? i would understand reading me as third-party, and well, i wouldn't have much of an answer for that but even with that a 3p wincon for doctor makes little sense

if you feel it's necessary you can inspect me, swap me, whatever it is you need to do to put this issue to rest

kokorico and Stryke, what are your thoughts about the most likely situation with the Eifie kill, given RNP's town flip?
No clue. I know that I definitely healed Eifie, I have no reason to disbelieve kokorico, and I know RNP so I definitely believe him when he said he was partially doing it to mess with me. I guess my bet would be on a second roleblocker or a bus driver being somewhere out there, but it's impossible to really know without any more evidence, imo

There's a chance that they're all Mafia, but that would probably become appearant if we can't find any scum flips outside them
i feel like this would be so. weird. i guess it's possible but i TR koko and the healer ring developing felt pretty organic, but it is possible ofc

we could try to swap with any of them; VM just offered and i think his name has come up kind of often as a good target? (inb4 whoever swaps with him gets targeted on the nightkill in an attempt to either Free VM or Frame VM)

Hey whats the prevailing theory/theories for why Eifie died? There are a ton of thoughts bouncing around in my head and I'm hoping that by getting this answer itll help get them in order

Actually
If Vipera is Mafia, he could be a Mafia Universal Backup that got Jack's Nanobots and thought there would be no difference claiming he got Squirtle's Magic instead
Swapping clears it up either way (Assuming the swap only swaps abilities, swapping alignments would be broken as heck)

(Assuming the swap only swaps abilities, swapping alignments would be broken as heck)
oh. i didn't consider that you might just swap powers without swapping alignments but that's reasonable. although i still kind of doubt it; aiui swapping grants you access to the role pm/trope name etc, so you'd still be able to tell right?

thought there would be no difference claiming he got Squirtle's Magic instead
oh, huh. and as mentioned before no one knew someone like skylar would show up and be able to comment on night action info ... that could be a thing i guess?

Hey whats the prevailing theory/theories for why Eifie died?
i wish i knew/i'm wondering the same thing, i'm kinda quoting you for the sake of Signal Boosting

(Assuming the swap only swaps abilities, swapping alignments would be broken as heck)
oh. i didn't consider that you might just swap powers without swapping alignments but that's reasonable. although i still kind of doubt it; aiui swapping grants you access to the role pm/trope name etc, so you'd still be able to tell right?
Unless trope name isn't necessarily correlated with alignment
In any case, anyone with the trope "Big Bad Evil Guy" is probably a Mafia killing role and thus unswappable

hi guys, I forgot about the game until such a point as when checking in would have been too much executive dysfunction

do I want to bother finding out about the reasoning for my lynching

Back
Top Bottom