• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

I feel that a cop claim 22 hours before the deadline is a little suspect, unless Emmy is actively trying to get targeted by mafia. I certainly don't want to underestimate her play

I'm not saying it's aliens but 👽 👽 👽

hey herbe:

you said you also investigated mewt, right? i don’t want to give the maf too much role info early on, so the question i want to ask is, do you think mewt would have any motivation to false claim in the event that you are dead and she’s on the chopping block?

hey herbe:

you said you also investigated mewt, right? i don’t want to give the maf too much role info early on, so the question i want to ask is, do you think mewt would have any motivation to false claim in the event that you are dead and she’s on the chopping block?
i don't think so. but mewt's result confused me, as it's not neccessarily alignment indicative (but leans town usually)

emmy investigating mewt and coming back with a green check makes sense role-wise, though, don't take it as if it doesn't. it actually makes me feel better abt emmy just a smidge

hey herbe:

i don't think so. but mewt's result confused me, as it's not neccessarily alignment indicative (but leans town usually)

alright, thanks! i wanted to try and find some balance between mechclear and tipping off the mafia to a PR, which is why i asked it like that

Idk I feel like since mewtini is townleaning for a lot of people, giving her a greencheck is relatively safe. I really don't think Emmy is cop anymore, we have no way of knowing if she actually did check Seshas or just took that as another Safe false claim due to Seshas alignment being known

👽👽👽👽👽

hey herbe:

alright, thanks! i wanted to try and find some balance between mechclear and tipping off the mafia to a PR, which is why i asked it like that
i really appreciate it, actually!

just to be clear I don't get alignments in my results

hey herbe:

i really appreciate it, actually!

just to be clear I don't get alignments in my results

well otherwise it would be a strictly better cop :p

rolecop functions a bit differently in ToS, which is why i wanted to make sure i had all my ducks in a row (since role names are alignment indicative, rolecop in ToS always returns a set of three similar roles, one town one maf one 3p)

I think the existence of a role and alignment cop together prooobably does check out; Herbe clearly is genuinely a rolecop for checking me correctly, and as I said I've been thinking Indigo was the cop for a while now and this all seems an unlikely way for things to play out if she were mafia - I'd imagine she would've not gone for the strange Alonzo claim first if she were? Trebek's suggestion that this might mean there's something like a mafia godfather that inspects innocent but can be detected by the rolecop is interesting.

I'm going to do some rereading now, probably sanity check Indigo and then take another look at Tofu and Ultracool?

And also Superjolt/Trebek if I have time, of course, I'm just hoping to be able to form an opinion on the actual current wagons rather than just reread something unrelated. :P

rY1JnCJ.png

ok i quickly caught up, i have a thing going on irl so i wont be on for long. i'll choose to believe emmy tbh. i like cops ... In Mafia. tofu

i believe herbe, the thing he said about my role appearing as both alignments is legit i'd say. ping me if you have questions/want me to look at stuff

something's not sitting right with me... in old tcodf meta it was pretty common for the mafia to have a role cop and the town to have a regular cop

i'm immediately kinda side-eyeing Herbe's role cop claim... correctly identifying Butterfree's role may show that he is a role cop but it doesn't say anything about his alignment... in fact I'd scumlean anyone who claims role cop just based on it almost never seeing use in the town, at least from what I remember. Has JackPK played any mafia outside of tcod forums?

i'm not advocating we lynch Herbe but I would be careful about regarding him as town

Back
Top Bottom