• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

wait, does this mean "anyone speccing that mist is VT/PR" or "anyone who is VT/PR speccing about mist"

i confused myself
The first

i don't think that that would be hard to lie about (its hard to prove the absence of a third party cause they dont usually self reveal anyway?) but inherently i trusted them abt it
I'm going to say that Herbe looks a bit worse for this

I don't follow, can you explain why?
The I think it's untrustworthy but I trust it anyways bit sounds like someone who saw an outgroup/3p signal and is defending and hedging at the same time
Although it is pretty weak, I did actually catch a wolf using a stronger example of this recently (with a lot more evidence to connect the dots)

The I think it's untrustworthy but I trust it anyways bit sounds like someone who saw an outgroup/3p signal and is defending and hedging at the same time
i guess this makes sense? idk to me it just felt like Herbe was contrasting the general mentality of that type of post with how he read this particular one, which doesn't seem too hedgey to me

Although it is pretty weak, I did actually catch a wolf using a stronger example of this recently (with a lot more evidence to connect the dots)
By the way, this definitely wasn't to show why a certain thing I did that game was "smart" instead of "extremely idiotic"

Hi Mr. Ultracool, I see you've started reading the thread! When you get to this post, please say something to confirm you're active/online and playing! It doesn't even need to include any useful insights if you don't have any yet, but lurking seems to be regarded as pretty suspicious on this forum, and it would break my heart if you were voted out for a third game in a row based on nothing more substantial than inactivity.

ok so i pulled my tarot deck out and asked it abt each of you to see who is mafia
this is surely foolproof

based on my thorough analysis the scumteam in this game is mewtini, indigoemmy, jackpk, kokorico, storm, and kyeugh. sorry i dont make the rules im just a messenger for the cards.
thank me later 😘

So, what role/card did you draw for everyone? Interrested in whether that matches up, tbh.

that said I did finally actually role with Potential Usage Yay so please don't kill me n1 or I'll be sad

Same. I'm not fully sure if I should claim or not, but there's serious incentive for people to just nonlethally visit me at night - there might be something to gain!

I think the worlds I'm tentatively considering are "Mist is outgroup mafia," "Mist is 3p non-scum," and "Mist is town with a role that directly interacts with 3p somehow"

For now, at least, I don't think I believe that there are TVT-style Vanilla Townies with word-of-god information snippets, at least until/unless more of them come to offer info

🗡🗡🗡
Gasp! Are you claiming to be Three of Swords?

Hi Mr. Ultracool, I see you've started reading the thread! When you get to this post, please say something to confirm you're active/online and playing! It doesn't even need to include any useful insights if you don't have any yet, but lurking seems to be regarded as pretty suspicious on this forum, and it would break my heart if you were voted out for a third game in a row based on nothing more substantial than inactivity.
Well, to be fair, I am absolutely lurky. Still trying to improve there, tbh

Gasp! Are you claiming to be Three of Swords?
8181-Mega-Ampharos.png
🔪🔪🔪

Hmm, I guess I see what you mean. I'm with Trebek on this tbh - I'd interpret it more like Herbe saying "this general class of claim is easy to fake, but I think Mist is coming across as honest in this situation". I guess it could provide information about Mist depending on how Herbe flips, though.

hmmm, the initial joke being specifically about third parties muddles the whole intent to signal... although it was also quite a bit of oversharing that would be supremely counterproductive at face value

I do now remember one town role for which having the information mist claimed isn't as preposterous as I was initially thinking there, though, and in fact feels pretty VMish; the question then becomes whether I want to open my mouth too wide on that and potentially expose a power role tho (not that our meta around here normally has an abundance of non-power roles, but)
Well, you mentioning that tidbit will probably lead to the Mafia scouring various online lists for compatible townroles, anyways, since they would kind of need to know - might as well share.

hmmm, the initial joke being specifically about third parties muddles the whole intent to signal... although it was also quite a bit of oversharing that would be supremely counterproductive at face value

I do now remember one town role for which having the information mist claimed isn't as preposterous as I was initially thinking there, though, and in fact feels pretty VMish; the question then becomes whether I want to open my mouth too wide on that and potentially expose a power role tho (not that our meta around here normally has an abundance of non-power roles, but)
Well, you mentioning that tidbit will probably lead to the Mafia scouring various online lists for compatible townroles, anyways, since they would kind of need to know - might as well share.
we could also just let the mafia get distracted by trying to find it lel

we could also just let the mafia get distracted by trying to find it lel
actually, yeah after thinking more about it i would say dont say anything

Hmm, I guess I see what you mean. I'm with Trebek on this tbh - I'd interpret it more like Herbe saying "this general class of claim is easy to fake, but I think Mist is coming across as honest in this situation". I guess it could provide information about Mist depending on how Herbe flips, though.
Understandable, this likely won't inform my read on Herbe at all because it's really weak
I just felt like pointing it out tbh

eh, besides sportsmanship, no reason to make their lives easier, is there-

although frankly, considering the usual setup of mafia around these parts, what I worry about is less whether the mob would be eager to snipe out a power role -- like, a power role is most likely dying every night anyway -- and more that we, the town, don't necessarily benefit so much from ferreting out a townie's unclaimed role, so it's possibly for the better that we just refrain and not make the decision-making easier on the mob. like, I wouldn't take it to the extent Seshas does, but, sometimes, restraint is the better part of valor

Back
Top Bottom