• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

ok ngl idk why i mentioned pressure voting when talking about inactive yeeting i don’t think that’s the definition of a pressure vote? my point still stands tho tbhtbh

and with that, i think it is time for Mobile Trebek to further downgrade to Sleeping Trebek

will probably be mobileposting for a lot of tomorrow, but should be able to be sat down at a computer for EoD woot

MP7 I know this seems sus as hell, but I really do want you to look into RSP's claims for reasons
(me) is also hoping for an explanation on this tbh, especially considering that Blu was reading RSP's claims as genuine in #522, so why have "reasons" for having someone else look into it

i feel like i’m getting weird vibe from Von Fu’s 651 and some of the discussion revolving around it? i’m just sorta struggling to figure out what the motivation for the post was in the universe where VF wants to keep voting blu, and it just reads sorta hedgey to me in a way that MP7 didnt when we were realtiming about blu

there’s some universe out there where #651 is setup for w!VF to backtrack after a v!blu misyeet, and while i don’t really know if that was/is the case, i’m still getting weird vibes about the whole situation that tired!me might not be fully able to explain
agree that this was weird, i did not like the walkback (didn't make a ton of logical sense to me and i think it conflicts with my metaread). i don't personally want to go here today but depending on [redacted] may come back to this soon
-m

Actually, Wim (not to be confused with popular text editor vim) is an abbreviation of Willem, the Dutch form of the given name William -
This is silly, but I had a really close friend named Willem that I lost touch with after moving, and haven't talked to in a year. I took this as a sign to text him and reconnect and it's making me v happy :)

<longpost by me>
like. i can see a world where this is w!Blu and a world where this is v!Blu and both could make sense i guess, i just need to hear more from blu

there’s some universe out there where #651 is setup for w!VF to backtrack after a v!blu misyeet, and while i don’t really know if that was/is the case, i’m still getting weird vibes about the whole situation that tired!me might not be fully able to explain
#651 is weird to me tbh too because we definitely had a lot of Stuff about VM's TVT joke that seemed pretty memorable? unless it's a rhetorical question or something
ig i could see v!VF saying this without voting Blu first as some kind of commentary on the situation, but the fact that they went "yeah i can vibe with a blu vote" and then posts #651 is weird

i am probably just doing the thing like in tvt where i say thoughts and they feel empty to other people

i am probably just doing the thing like in tvt where i say thoughts and they feel empty to other people
you are not tbh
i am townreading you kind of hard because i think you sound incredibly distinct from tvt tbh
-m

btw off topic but do hydras still have to abide by the "i must wait 6 seconds" rule before posting if they post near-simultaneously

holy fuck guys y'all like doubled the size of the thread while I was afk

it is 3:45 am and I frankly don't have the energy to closely read anything but I have skimmed

blu seems most plausible to me as a first-time power role nervous about first-timing, and I think the post folks are claiming is softing vanilla could ambiguously be interpreted as either softing vanilla ("oh, what are the odds" sarcastically) or softing non-vanilla ("oh, what are the odds" earnestly)

I don't like how blu got pounced on so fast over what I see as nothing, so voting M Plus 7 for now

going to sleep now see y'all in 10 hours or so zzzzzzz

Can I ask what you two think of Trebek? I haven't reread but feel pretty decent about him after this realtime stuff.
now that we're both caught up, currently we both have a light townlean on him. his defense of blu is sounding good, logical and well-handled even though we don't subscribe to it (especially #636/#660 and #680). when questioned about blu's vt softclaim's impact on his townread of blu he admitted to willfully ignore it because it's the only thing that points strongly against to his theory (or gives it a middle finger, in his words – see #703). we believe that this points to him being just a villa pocketed by w!blu (see also #711).

that being said, he's still our weakest townread, which upsettingly still leaves him in our PoE unless we decide to fill the void with an inactive (hello @IndigoEmmy and @Mist1422! hope you're doing well). this part, however, is susceptible to change – i can't speak for mewt about this, but i sure am waiting for a certain somebody to follow up tomorrow to decide if i still townlean them or if they're the third scumlean i'm looking for. i'd ask her about that, but alas, she fell asleep before me.

btw @Trebek how are you planning to approach this game?
I don't know if their disparate approaches to Blu make that much sense as partners regardless of Blu's alignment?
i think it does tbh. this is presupposing Perfect Wolf Coördination, nothing stops two wolves from having distinct reads and voicing that inthread
iirc you and i had very distinct opinions on ultracool and herbe during cats D2 and so it went tbh

- rari

it's the main hangout for a lot of tcod folks.
i should get back into it but like. too lazy to make google voice account tbhso good
i used my real phone to sign up tbh. you can set it as private
my issue with this is it doesn't work the other way round

like, if someone knows my real phone number (like, oh, all of my family and many of my professional contacts) they can see every group I'm in and everything I've posted publicly

not so good :(

(I'm still reading the thread, will post stuff as I come to it, sorry if anything I say has already come up)

Why would Blu not be honest?
Because there's just been a whole conversation about how it's not usually a good idea to reveal information about town PRs this early in the game? I get what you're pointing out but I don't see how it reads as scummy

you could also view the "rolling vt 3 times a row" thing as wolf!Blu trying to poke around for how many town power roles exist in the game
QFT, but there are also other possible explanations, like trying to hide a pr from the wolves (misguided imo but understandable) or [something I probably shouldn't spec about]

@Trebek what do you make of blu's VT softclaim?
-m
i think that it’s the main thing lowering my opinion at the moment, bc most of me wants to be comfortable with the head canon of blu being town and just trying to deal with not being vanilla and that softclaim just gives my headcanon a big middle finger

he could easily have been joking about it but it did feel sorta Hmmm

yet again, I mostly just agree with Trebek here I think. (this is slightly marred by the fact that last time I agreed with him he was scum. but.)

townPR!blu is what I want to believe in too, and I advanced some possible explanations for the VT soft in my last post, but not too confident in them

we're tending to discuss reads more in the chat than here, which can have... unideal effects sometimes. if you have questions about our progression on blu, feel free to ask away.
not quite what you said, but I am interested in your read on VF if any

Back
Top Bottom