• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Power Plant Pokemafia

i guess we can afford a misyeet today, but i still don’t see how ZM/MF/me flipping town would yield any useful information
It would yield the information that you are indeed not mafia (which is important IMO), added to the fact that we might be able to clear/suspicionize some people based on the way they treated you while you were under pressure
letting a townie die for the information that said dead townie was a townie isn’t really a good trade at all

perhaps your experiences are different from mine but reckless yeeting has just led to a mafia win much more often than not in my experience, while stuff like follow-the-cop or early massclaiming has been a lot more favorable to town

i don’t disagree that a d1 misyeet can yield some useful information but i don’t see how in this situation, under this set of circumstances, how we’d get any information that’s worth losing a townie over

(i speak as if a misyeet is a foregone conclusion but there’s like a 30% chance we actually get a wolf today and unlike in ooctvtmqm i don’t feel like gambling)

i am struggling against my natural inclination to read people who want to avoid abstaining under any circumstances as not having town’s best interests at heart

i would have voted for seshas if i didn’t know from experience this is exactly what v!seshas believes is best for town

I see your point, we shouldn't be reckless in our early yeets ( if we yeet a mafia that would be good for town, however it's currently a gamble ) and i'm not sure if losing a town on day 1 is the best option ). we're practically playing Russian Roulette with 11 people ( i may be a little off in the number of participants, but if I'm not there's 7 town & 4 mafia ) and we're risking mis-yeeting 1 of 7 town D1 if we're wrong

Ok, I'm more awake now so time to make those reads.

I read what rari posted and I can confirm that inactiveness isn't part of mewt's wolf meta, at least not this early on. (there was less activity by the end of the game, though, but it may or may not have been caused by RL reasons). I liked the thought about not abstaining as it was always frowned upon in my home forum which is why I was confused about it being suggested. However, I don't necessarily scumlean people for suggesting it. It's a valid concern. It's just that day analysis and lynches are one of the weapons town has.

I still don't see how that one post Seshas pointed out made MF suspicious, but then again I don't have as much experience playing with either of them. I will say that I didn't read Cats at all, and I skimmed through tvt.

~towny
MF - like I said, I liked her points about millers
Coji- don't necessarily see a wolf claiming miller this early on, plus I felt genuineness from the Blu posts. I'm not town locking them, though, but I won't yeet them d1 either
Null
everyone else. Nothing has screamed scummy to me but it hasn't screamed towny either and I'm wary of sheeping someone blindly.

Votecount:
Vipera Magnifica (2):
tbh^2 (#185), Trebek (#206)
M&F (1): Seshas (#226)
Abstain (2): Vipera Magnifica (#181), Zero Moment (#184)
Not Voting (6): Herbe, Hydreigon25, Cojiro, Ysabel, Flora, M&F

Seshas votes Zero Moment (#143)
Vipera Magnifica votes Flora (#177)
Herbe abstains (#179)
Vipera Magnifica abstains (#181)
Zero Moment abstains (#184)
tbh^2 votes Vipera Magnifica (#185)
Herbe unvotes (#191)
Seshas votes Vipera Magnifica (#204)
Trebek votes Vipera Magnifica (#206)
Seshas votes M&F (#226)

Reactions: Ys_
there’s a chance i will have poor connection at EoD, so just popping in now to say that if i don’t show up again that’s what happened, and that i am still presently vibing with my vote

Reactions: Ys_
Votecount:
Vipera Magnifica (2):
tbh^2 (#185), Trebek (#206)
M&F (1): Seshas (#226)
Abstain (2): Vipera Magnifica (#181), Zero Moment (#184)
Not Voting (6): Herbe, Hydreigon25, Cojiro, Ysabel, Flora, M&F
welp

if this is as much as we've got half an hour from eod, i figure we might just go for Mampers to balance the wagons

both blu and i are kinda "no thoughts head empty" so eh. this is possibly not the most well-sourced yeet ever, but it's only d1.

on the issue of abstentions: while i totally get the feeling that it's not super useful when randyeet is more likely to hit town than not... nightkills are by definition almost certain to hit town. so even if you disregard the virtues of day analysis etc, granting an extra night phase by abstaining is not, like, a guaranteed safe option.

abstain originally stems from ab- + tenēre, so i guess people just decided that abstention sounded better than abstaintion since the e was already around?

on the issue of abstentions: while i totally get the feeling that it's not super useful when randyeet is more likely to hit town than not... nightkills are by definition almost certain to hit town. so even if you disregard the virtues of day analysis etc, granting an extra night phase by abstaining is not, like, a guaranteed safe option.
not really how i see it; it extends the game and gives info roles more time to gather information

i suppose at this juncture it would be okay to say that i am a one-shot dayvig
i could just as easily prove this by using it but i don't have any reads i feel good about and i'd rather not waste it

if we exercise caution now then perhaps we'll have some information tomorrow and can get two town-controlled kills

abstain originally stems from ab- + tenēre, so i guess people just decided that abstention sounded better than abstaintion since the e was already around?
Most -ion words come from the fourth principal parts of latin verbs, so it makes sense that 'abstain' would come from 'ab + tenere,' while 'abstention' would come from 'ab + tentus.'
Added to the fact that the vowel shift likely comes from the stress moving off the syllable (common in compounded verbs) making it likely spelled and pronounced 'abtinere'

also 1001th post!

not really how i see it; it extends the game and gives info roles more time to gather information

i suppose at this juncture it would be okay to say that i am a one-shot dayvig
i could just as easily prove this by using it but i don't have any reads i feel good about and i'd rather not waste it

if we exercise caution now then perhaps we'll have some information tomorrow and can get two town-controlled kills
So like
this is very close to what I was thinking when I heard the role soft (I was actually thinking of a night-vig)
and this basically vindicates my new townread on VM

Most -ion words come from the fourth principal parts of latin verbs, so it makes sense that 'abstain' would come from 'ab + tenere,' while 'abstention' would come from 'ab + tentus.'
Added to the fact that the vowel shift likely comes from the stress moving off the syllable (common in compounded verbs) making it likely spelled and pronounced 'abtinere'

also 1001th post!
🥳🥳🥳

and yeah, that makes a lot of sense!

Back
Top Bottom