• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

role PMs first!

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: ALLISTER and GIGANTAMAX GENGAR
P7CtSvt.png

Interview spot!
PJ: According to you, what does it take to win?
A: ... the only reason I can battle in front of so many people without completely losing my cool is thanks to you, Champion.
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Town? Would you win, then, if all scum players were dead?

Move showcase!
G-Max Terror - Day action | Activate by PM, designating a player | Only one use per game; at least 3 players must be alive when this is used
For the rest of the current Day phase (plus a brief time extension): you and the designated player may not cast lynch votes; other players can only vote to lynch you or the designated player; other players can only post to cast votes.​
Maximize - Daytime power | Activate by PM, designating one or more players | Must pay 1 or more Badges to use
You may designate additional players with G-Max Terror, up to the amount of badges you've paid to activate this power. You cannot designate all living players; at least one must be unaffected by the action for it to work.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Ghost Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Ghost Badge to three players of your choice
-Give 2 Ghost Badges to one player of your choice, and 1 Ghost Badge to another player of your choice
-Give 3 Ghost Badges to one player of your choice
If you do not choose during the phase after your death, your badges will be distributed randomly instead.

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: CHEREN and STOUTLAND
Td8qhYo.png

Interview spot!
C: I made it where I am because Pokémon were by my side.
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Town? Would you win, then, if all scum players were dead?

Move showcase!
Intimidate - Nighttime power | Always automatically active | Unlimited use
Each time a player targets you with a night action, that player is informed that you are mafia, even if you are not, and even if the action they used was not an alignment check.​
Odor Sleuth - Night action | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
At the end of this night, you discover the identity and alignment of any players who targeted you with a night actions.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Basic Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Basic Badge to three players of your choice
-Give 2 Basic Badges to one player of your choice, and 1 Basic Badge to another player of your choice
-Give 3 Basic Badges to one player of your choice
If you do not choose during the phase after your death, your badges will be distributed randomly instead.

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: BEDE and GOTHORITA
ZP6GrZX.png

Interview spot!
B: I will prove your faith in me was well placed, Chairman. I won't lose to anyone!
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Mafia, along with Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) and Tofu (Viola), whom you've been communicating with privately, and possibly others? Would you win, then, if 50% of all living players were Mafia-aligned?

Move showcase!
Fake Tears - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
The target player will be primed, exposing them to the Expanding Force and Discharge actions. No more than 1/3 of all living players can be primed at the same time.​
Expanding Force - Night action | Activate by PM | Unlimited use
At the end of the night, all players who are presently primed (via Fake Tears or Metal Sound) die. For this action to be taken, you and Seshas (Jasmine) must both use no other actions.​
Future Sight - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Must pay 2 Badges to use
At the end of the night, the target player dies. This action will not be revealed to information-gathering roles. This action can be taken alongside others.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Fayrye Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Fayrye Badge to each mafia-aligned player
-Give 2 Fayrye Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: CILAN and SIMISAGE
fvnu3uS.png

Interview spot!
C: i like cilantro. what are you gonna do, evict me?
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Self-aligned? Would you win, then, if the conditions named below are fulfilled?

Move showcase!
Striaton-Style Rotation - Special win condition
You win (alongside any other winning factions) if one of the following is true:
-The Mafia faction has won, and you have an even number of badges at the end of the game
-The Town faction has won, and you have an odd number of badges at the end of the game
You have Self-aligned as your alignment, regardless of which faction you currently win with.​
Swagger - Night action | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
Apply one of the following effects at the end of the night:
-If you currently would win with the Mafia: your alignment is counted as Mafia (in its interactions with other players' win conditions, information gathering, alignment-dependant actions, etc) until the next time that the faction you would win with changes.
-If you currently would win with the Town: the next Day phase's mod post will state that you are aligned with Town.​
Play Nice - Night action | Activate by PM | Must pay 3 Badges to use
Starting at the end of the night, if this action is confirmed to be successful: a player is randomly chosen, out of the ones belonging to the faction you currently win with (after this move's badge cost is accounted for), and you may communicate privately with that player.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Trio Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Trio Badge to each Mafia-aligned player
-Give 2 Trio Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: VALERIE and SYLVEON
nVXp11C.png

Interview spot!
V: The elusive Fairy types may appear frail as a breeze and delicate as a bloom, but they are strong.

Move showcase!
Fae Trick - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
At the end of the next night phase (not the current one), the target player dies.​
Misty Terrain - Night action | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
During this night, no players will die as a direct or indirect result of actions taken in the previous night phase.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Féerie Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Féerie Badge to two players of your choice
-Give 2 Féerie Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: LT. SURGE and MAGNETON
LEpsYoe.png

Interview spot!
LS: I call everyone who loses to me baby, baby, baby...
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Mafia, along with Bluwiikoon (Bede) and Tofu (Viola), whom you've been communicating with privately, and possibly others? Would you win, then, if 50% of all living players were Mafia-aligned?

Move showcase!
Metal Sound - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
The target player will be primed, exposing them to the Discharge and Expanding Force actions. No more than 1/3 of all living players can be primed at the same time.​
Discharge - Night action | Activate by PM | Unlimited use
At the end of the night, all players who are presently primed (via Metal Sound or Fake Tears) die. For this action to be taken, you and Bluwiikoon (Bede) must both use no other actions.​
Magnet Bomb - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Must pay 2 Badges to use
At the end of the night, the target player dies. The activation and effect of this action cannot be prevented by any other powers in the game (including healing), and its target also cannot be changed by interference from other powers. This action can be taken alongside others.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Thunder Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Thunder Badge to each mafia-aligned player
-Give 2 Thunder Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: MEOWTH and TOGEPI
mQDZSaX.png

Interview spot!
M: Shhh! I'm trying to find this pesky little Togepi, meow...

Move showcase!
Where Did It Go? - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
At the end of the night, you discover the identity of any players who also targeted your target player.​
Did It Snatch The Remote? - Nighttime power | Activate by PM | Must pay 1 Badge to use
Modifies the Where Did It Go? action, such that you also discover the function of the night actions used on your target player. For this purpose, the function of other night actions will be classified as Killing, Informative, Healing, Disruptive, Additive, or Other, and a single given action may potentially span multiple categories. If you are observing multiple night actions, you are not informed of which player took which type of action.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Earth Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Earth Badge to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: BURGH and LEAVANNY
sakUriN.png

Interview spot!
B: If the battle brings out the beauty in Bug-type Pokémon, it will be a scene that makes my heart flutter, win or lose.

Move showcase!
Canvas of Expression - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
The target player gains the ability to write a message that will be displayed on the mod post if they die. They may only write this message during the immediate Day or Night after receiving this power, although the message will still be displayed if they die after that time. If you target a player you've already previously targeted, they may write a new message.​
Art Criticism - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Must pay 3 Badges to use
The target of this action must be a dead player who, as a result of your Canvas of Expression action, had a message displayed on a mod post. At the end of the night, you discover the target player's role PM and a list of who they targeted with night actions, who targeted them with night actions, and on which nights these targetings have occoured.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Insect Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Insect Badge to two players of your choice
-Give 2 Insect Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: JUAN and LUVDISC
qIGPcxe.png

Interview spot!
J: You are somewhat lacking in elegance. Perhaps I should make you a loan of my outfit? ... Hahaha, I merely jest!

Move showcase!
Attract - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
During this night, any other night actions that target the player you've targeted will be redirected to target you instead.​
Two-Timing - Nighttime power | Activate by PM, naming a target | Must pay 2 Badges to use
Instead of yourself, night actions redirected by Attract will be redirected to the player you target with this effect.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Rain Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Rain Badge to two players of your choice
-Give 2 Rain Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: MARLON and MANTINE
DB5e8Ya.png

Interview spot!
M: When the ocean's your home, you don't worry about things like that. 'Cause the ocean accepts all rivers!

Move showcase!
Team Plasma's Not Botherin' Me - ??? | ??? | ???
This power will only become known and available to you when you are dead.​
Not Going Around Decidin' They're Bad - ??? | ??? | ???
This power will only become known and available to you when you are dead.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Wave Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Wave Badge to two players of your choice
-Give 2 Wave Badges to one player of your choice

Haze - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Unlimited use
This power can be used by the player while dead, and only while dead. The target player is no longer primed, preventing them from dying as a result of a power that kills primed players.​
I've Got To Help Out - Night or day action | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
This power can be used by the player while dead, and only while dead. At the end of the phase, you discover which players are currently primed. This action can be taken alongside others.​

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: VIOLA and VIVILLON
KOiYluL.png

Interview spot!
V: Even as a Marchioness, I'm still always looking for the perfect shot. And the quickest way to the perfect shot is by capturing the perfect win!
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Mafia, along with Bluwiikoon (Bede) and Zero Moment (Lt. Surge), whom you've been communicating with privately, and possibly others? Would you win, then, if 50% of all living players were Mafia-aligned?

Move showcase!
Photographic Record - Nighttime or daytime power | Automatically activates when conditions are met | Only one use per game
At the end of a phase when a mafia-aligned player has died: replace this power with that player's powers. You retain all the private communication permissions you currently have, instead of gaining or losing them according to what the dead player had.​
Colorful Scatter - Nighttime or daytime power | Automatically activates when conditions are met | Only one use per game
At the end of a phase where you have died, and the Photographic Record power was not activated beforehand: you may freely distribute any badges you had, alongside the ones you normally distribute upon death.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Bug Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Bug Badge to each mafia-aligned player
-Give 2 Bug Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: SABRINA and ALAKAZAM
yE8P702.png

Interview spot!
S: I don’t enjoy battling, but it’s my duty as a Gym Leader to confer Badges on anyone who has proven him- or herself worthy.

Move showcase!
Miracle Eye - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Can only be used before you've taken any other night actions, or if your latest night action was Disable
At the end of the night, you discover the target player's alignment.​
Psyshock - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Can only be used if your latest night action was Miracle Eye
At the end of the night, the target player dies.​
Reflect - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Can only be used if your latest night action was Psyshock
The target player will not die as a result of other powers during this night.​
Disable - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target | Can only be used if your latest night action was Reflect
The target player's night actions will not activate during this night.​
Spoon Shuffle - Nighttime power | Activate by PM | Must pay 3 Badges to use
During this night, you may use one of your night actions, ignoring the use restrictions.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Marsh Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Marsh Badge to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: FALKNER and PIDGEOTTO
bSliOx5.png

Interview spot!
F: My dad told me something when I was a kid. He said "Falkner, bird Pokémon don't just fly with their wings, they soar through the sky because that's what they want to do with all their heart." That's just like my dad.

Move showcase!
Mirror Move - Night or day action | Activate by PM | Must pay 1 Badge to use
You discover the role PM of the player who originally gave out the Badge you spent to activate this power. Additionally, during this phase and the next, you may activate powers from that player's PM. If you activate powers this way that require paying a Badge cost, you must pay that cost with your own badges, but you can pay 1 Badge less than the given cost.

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Zephyr Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Zephyr Badge to two players of your choice
-Give 2 Zephyr Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: JASMINE and AMPHAROS
ZbFTNjo.png

Interview spot!
J: I can't leave Amphy unattended... ...May I ask you to get some medicine for me? Please?
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Self-aligned? Would you win, then, if the conditions named below are fulfilled?

Move showcase!
Secret Treatment - Special win condition
When you die, or when the game ends, you win (alongside any other winning factions) if one the following is true:
-You have an even number of Badges, and you were not targeted by a night action in the latest Night phase
-You have an odd number of Badges, and you were targeted by a night action in the latest Night phase​
Accidental Shock - Day action | Activate by PM, designating a player | Must pay 1 Badge to use
The designated player dies as soon as the action is processed.​

Badge feature!
You do not distribute Badges when you die.

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: TATE & LIZA and SOLROCK & LUNATONE
9J8pWKI.png

Interview spot!
T: We don't need to talk because...
L: ...we can each tell...
T: ...what the other is thinking...
L: ...all in our minds!
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Twin- er, I mean, Town? Would you win, then, if all scum players were dead?

Move showcase!
Light Screen - Day action | Activate by PM | Only one use per game
At the end of this day, if the player that would be lynched is not Mafia-aligned: no players will be lynched.
Trick Room - Day action | Activate by PM, designating a player | Only one use per game
At the end of this day, if no players would be lynched: the player you designated is lynched instead.
Hypnosis - Day action | Activate by PM, designating a player | Must pay 2 badges to use; only one use per game
At the end of this day, the player you designated is lynched instead, regardless of the poll results.

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Mind Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Mind Badge to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: VOLKNER and RAICHU
XJnywkw.png

Interview spot!
V: Winning makes me happy, and losing leaves me angry... That's no great revelation, but it's what makes me stronger.

Move showcase!
Static - Nighttime power | Always automatically active | Unlimited use
Each time a player targets you with a night action, that player cannot take actions or activate powers in the next day phase and the next night phase.​
Reversal - Nighttime power | Activate by PM | Must pay 2 Badges to use
During this night, instead of the Static effect, each player that targets you with a night action dies at the end of the night.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Beacon Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Beacon Badge to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: BRYCEN and CGFX SUIT
UGw6qJn.png
[/URL]

Interview spot!
B: No matter how many battles I fight, I don't know what strength is.

Move showcase!
Full Metal Scanner - Night action | Activate by PM, naming two targets | Unlimited use
At the end of the night, the two players you targeted swap their stock of Badges with each other, and you discover how many Badges changed hands as a result of this action.​
Brycen-Man's Great Heist - Night action | Activate by PM, naming a target and designating any number of other players | Must pay 1 Badge to use
The target of this action must be a dead player, and the designated players must be alive. At the end of the night, the target player's Badges are given out to the designated players, in order. If the target player had more Badges than the amount of players you designated, additional Badges will be given out to the designated players, still in order.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Freeze Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Freeze Badge to three players of your choice
-Give 2 Freeze Badges to one player of your choice, and 1 Freeze Badge to another player of your choice
-Give 3 Freeze Badges to one player of your choice

Today's Pokémon Journal feature: NANU and SABLEYE
X7zdBqJ.png

Interview spot!
N: You sure you've thought this through? You'd better be ready if you're thinking of coming in here.
PJ: I see! So it's like you're Mafia, and you can't communicate privately with the others, but you know they're Bluwiikoon (Bede), Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) and Tofu (Viola)? Would you win, then, if 50% of all living players were Mafia-aligned?

Move showcase!
Detect - Night action | Activate by PM | Cannot be used on consecutive nights
During a night when this action was taken, Mafia-aligned players will not die. You cannot use this power and Quash on the same night.​
Quash - Night action | Activate by PM | Must pay 1 Badge or more to use; only one use per game
During the day after a night when this action was taken, Mafia-aligned players will not die, even if they are lynched. The Badge cost of this action increases by 1 at the end of every second night. You cannot use this power and Detect on the same night.​

Badge feature! ... oh, wait. sorry
On the phase after your death, you distribute Ula'ula Stamps (equivalent to Badges). You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Ula'ula Stamp to each mafia-aligned player
-Give 2 Ula'ula Stamps to one player of your choice

now, besides all of those, there's one more I'd like to point to. y'see, around a week before we actually got started, as I was touching up the role PMs, I started to realize both that I felt rusty writing mafia flavor, and that I was struggling to make the PMs read clearly without having fitted them to flavor yet. so, to kill two birds in one stone, I took a sample of tentatively-in players, rolled roles for them, and wrote those PMs. now, why this backstage delve? it is, of course, so we can behold the greatest role PM that never was put into the actual game.
Today's Pokémon Journal feature: FALKNER and PIDGEY

Interview spot!
F: People say you can clip Flying-type Pokémon's wings with a jolt of electricity... I won't allow such insults to bird Pokémon!

Move showcase!
Heard You Talk Shit About Birds - Day action | Activate by PM, designating a player | Only one use per game; at least 3 players must be alive when this is used
For the rest of the current Day phase (plus a brief time extension): you and the designated players may not cast lynch votes; other players can only vote to lynch you or the designated player; other players can only post to cast votes.​
What Was That About Geodude - Daytime power | Activate by PM, designating one or more players | Must pay 1 or more Badges to use
You may designate additional players with Heard You Talk Shit About Birds, up to the amount of badges you've paid to activate this power. You must not designate at least one living player.​

Badge feature!
On the phase after your death, you distribute Zephyr Badges. You can choose one of the following options:
-Give 1 Zephyr Badge to three players of your choice
-Give 2 Zephyr Badges to one player of your choice, and 1 Zephyr Badge to another player of your choice
-Give 3 Zephyr Badges to one player of your choice

Worth noting that the thing about Jasmine in my role PM was a typo, and we were made aware that it was a mistake. ^^

Good game! A lot of fun to play in an MFia again. I could have played this one better, but what can I say, I'm rusty.

Super wish I'd figured out I could use a badge power AND a non-badge power in the same night before dying and seeing that happening in the action logs, sigh.

bringing the logs!

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) uses Attract on kokorico (Falkner).
(actions that target kokorico tonight will target Vipera Magnifica instead.)

Ysabel (Nanu) uses Detect.
(mafia-aligned players will not die as a result of night actions tonight. Detect cannot be used on N1.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) uses Fake Tears on kokorico (Falkner), but is redirected to Vipera Magnifica (Juan).
(Vipera Magnifica is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Metal Sound on bruh moment (Tate & Liza).
(bruh moment is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

rari_teh (Valerie) uses Fae Trick on Hydreigon25 (Volkner).
(Hydreigon25 will be vigged at the end of N1.)
(additionally, Hydreigon25's power passively blocks rari_teh from activating powers until the end of N1.)

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Miracle Eye on Mawile (Allister).
(Negrek discovers that Mawile is town.)

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) uses Where Did It Go on Vipera Magnifica (Juan).
(Mr. Ultracool watches Vipera Magnifica, and discovers that he was targeted by Bluwiikoon.)

JackPK (Brycen) uses Full Metal Scanner on rari_teh (Valerie) and Zori (Jasmine).
(rari_teh's 0 badges and Zori's 0 badges are swapped. JackPK discovers that 0 badges total changed hands as a result.)

Zori (Jasmine) is lynched.

Zori (Jasmine) loses.
(Zori was targeted by a night action during N0, and died with an even number of badges (zero).

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) uses Attract on Bluwiikoon (Bede).
(actions that target Bluwiikoon tonight will target Vipera Magnifica instead.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) uses Fake Tears on RedneckPhoenix (Cheren).
(RedneckPhoenix is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)
(additionally, Bluwiikoon discovers that RedneckPhoenix is mafia, even though he isn't.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Metal Sound on Herbe (Cilan).
(Herbe is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

rari_teh (Valerie) tries to use Fae Trick on Negrek (Sabrina), but the effects of Static from the previous night prevent the action from activating.

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Psyshock on Herbe (Cilan).
(Negrek vigs Herbe.)

Myuma (Burgh) uses Canvas of Expression on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Negrek can write a will during D2.)

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) uses Where Did It Go on Mr. Ultracool.
(Mr. Ultracool watches himself, and discovers that he was not targeted.)

JackPK (Brycen) uses Full Metal Scanner on RedneckPhoenix (Cheren) and Hydreigon25 (Volkner).
(RedneckPhoenix's 0 badges and Hydreigon25's 0 badges are swapped. JackPK discovers that 0 badges total changed hands as a result.)
(additionally, JackPK discovers that RedneckPhoenix is mafia, even though he isn't.)
(additionally, Hydreigon25's power passively blocks JackPK from activating powers until the end of N2.)

Herbe (Cilan) gives 1 Trio Badge to all mafia members.
Hydreigon25 (Volkner) gives 1 Beacon Badge to Ysabel (Nanu).

Negrek (Sabrina) prepares a will through the Canvas of Expression from N1.
"Hello from Day 2! I inspected Mawile N0 and got a Town result. I am going to attempt to heal VM or Ultracool N2. MF will not tell me if this will cause a healer clash, so if one of them died under suspicious circumstances, that could be why. I am going to attempt to roleblock someone N3, but no idea who yet."

Tofu (Viola) is lynched.

Tofu (Viola) gives 2 Bug Badges to Zero Moment. By activating Colorful Scatter, Tofu also gives 1 Trio Badge to Bluwiikoon (Bede).

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) uses Attract on bruh moment (Tate & Liza).
(actions that target bruh moment tonight will target Vipera Magnifica instead.)

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Reflect on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Negrek heals herself.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Discharge.
(the current primed players -- Vipera Magnifica, bruh moment and RedneckPhoenix -- will die at the end of the Night.)

Ysabel (Nanu) expends a Trio Badge and a Beacon Badge to use Quash.
(mafia-aligned players will not die during D3, even if they are lynched.)

rari_teh (Valerie) uses Fae Trick on JackPK (Brycen).
(JackPK will be vigged at the end of N3.)

Myuma (Burgh) uses Canvas of Expression on Mr. Ultracool (Meowth).
(Mr. Ultracool can write a will during D2.)

Mr. Ultracool and JackPK did not send PMs. (jack was blocked anyway)

Vipera Magnifica (Juan) gives 2 Rain Badges to Bluwiikoon (Bede).
RedneckPhoenix (Cheren) gives 3 Basic Badges to Stryke (Marlon).
bruh moment (Tate & Liza) give 1 Mind Badge to rari_teh (Valerie).

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) prepares a will through the Canvas of Expression from N2.

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) is lynched, but survives, due to Quash from N2.

Negrek (Sabrina) uses Disable on Zero Moment (Lt. Surge).
(Zero Moment is roleblocked.)

Ysabel (Nanu) uses Detect.
(mafia-aligned players will not die as a result of night actions tonight. Detect cannot be used on N4.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) uses Fake Tears on Mawile (Allister).
(Mawile is primed, and will die when Expanding Force or Discharge activate.)

Bluwiikoon (Bede) expends two Trio Badges and uses Future Sight on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Negrek will die at the end of the Night. This action will not be revealed to action-checking powers.)

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) attempts to use Metal Sound on JackPK (Brycen), but is roleblocked by Disable.

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) expends two Bug Badges and uses Magnet Bomb on rari_teh (Valerie).
(rari_teh will die at the end of the Night. This action could not be prevented from activating or reaching its original target.)

rari_teh (Valerie) uses Fae Trick on Zero Moment (Lt. Surge).
(Zero Moment will be vigged at the end of N4.)

Myuma (Burgh) uses Canvas of Expression on Bluwiikoon (Bede).
(Bluwiikoon can write a will during D3.)

Mr. Ultracool (Meowth) uses Where Did It Go on Bluwiikoon (Bede).
(Mr. Ultracool watches Bluwiikoon, and discovers that he was targeted by Myuma.)

JackPK (Brycen) uses Full Metal Scanner on Stryke (Marlon) and Myuma (Burgh).
(Styrke's 3 badges and Myuma's 0 badges are swapped. JackPK discovers that 3 badges total changed hands as a result.)

JackPK (Brycen) gives 2 Freeze Badges to Mawile (Allister) and 1 Freeze Badge to kokorico (Falkner).
rari_teh (Valerie) gives 2 Féerie Badges to Mawile (Allister).
Negrek (Sabrina) gives 1 Marsh Badge to Mawile (Allister).

Bluwiikoon (Bede) prepares a will through the Canvas of Expression from N3.
Chairman Rose... I said I'd do anything it takes to be the best trainer. No matter what it takes, I won't let you down.

Congratulations, my friends! ^^ You got me! At the time of writing this, I'm not sure if I'll be the last one remaining or not by the time I get yeeted, but you sure freakin' did it.

I'm very sorry for deceiving you all, but I hope it's been fun and entertaining. I chose Bede because I was hoping to be a healer, but, well,,,,, oops.

Special shoutouts to Zori for scumreading me on D1, koko for consistently scumreading me, and everyone who defended my foolish!plays. And remember, you gotta hydrate!

I leave my £400 watch and my purple jacket to my Gothorita. Hatterene can have my money and bank card. Tell Opal I'm sorry.

kokorico (Falkner) spends 1 Freeze Badge and uses Mirror Move.
(kokorico discovers JackPK's role PM. for D4 and N4, kokorico gained the ability to use JackPK's night actions.)

kokorico (Falkner) is lynched.

kokorico (Falkner) gives 1 Zephyr Badge to Mawile and 1 Zephyr Badge to Mr. Ultracool.

Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) uses Discharge.
(the current primed player -- Mawile -- will die at the end of the Night.)

[retroactive] Mistyx (Burgh) spends 3 Basic Badges to use Art Criticism on Negrek (Sabrina).
(Mistyx discovers Negrek's role PM, as well as all players whom she targeted, and all players who targeted her)

Mr. Ultracool spends 1 Zephyr Badge to use Where Did It Go on Mawile, and modify it with Did It Snatch The Remote.
(Mr. Ultracool watches and voyeurs Mawile, and discovers that he was not targeted.)

Mawile (Allister) gives 2 Ghost Badges to Stryke (Marlon) and 1 Ghost Badge to Myuma (Burgh).
Zero Moment (Lt. Surge) gives 2 Thunder Badges to Ysabel (Nanu).

Stryke (Marlon) is lynched.

Of the 4 players alive, 2 (Bluwiikoon and Ysabel) are mafia-aligned; therefore, mafia wins.

and my final impressions of the game--

I don't suppose I should lead with something negative, but man, this was a disappointing ending. still, this outcome might've been better than the alternative, since chasing another 2 mafiosi with no further killpower but the lynch would've taken a whopping three phases at least, and the marathon sentiment was certainly already setting in even by D4. (plus, The Thing never got to happen, so nyeeeeh-)

still, the mafia team deserves every bit of credit for this one. it's been a delightful surprise, watching how they deftly evaded suspicion! it kinda says something that all the third-party players were wiped out before a single mafiosx was. there were stumbles, someone else will point it out if I don't, but nonetheless, this has been a worthy performance by the mob. and they had the sweetest scumchat, too

it's also not for nothing that this came down to the wire, though; town may have made several mistakes, but they also managed some key plays that could have easily turned the game to their side, if just a few more things had landed in the right place.

in any case, it's been marvelous to be back on the GM's seat. many things didn't go quite as I'd expected them to, but that's usually the beauty of it; it still was a fantastic game overall. I'll be hoping to run some more mind-breaking games for you all, even if it seems we're no longer quite in the high season of Mafia that we were for a few months back there!

I definitely would have had big trouble if Ysabel didn't Quash the ZM yeet! ^^ So many things could have happened so differently!

Reactions: Ys_
Back
Top Bottom