• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Choice Mafia 2 - Game Thread

i'm trying to form thoughts about zoriclaim but unfortunately my waking hours also tend to be head empty hours

nocturnal mawile also btw (my response hours are Varied but i regularly stay up on my computer until like whenever 45 minutes from this post is)

mmmmrgh. my thoughts on zoriclaim amount to "i guess????" which is not helpful hgskdnfgh. i do know that there is such a thing in general as "townie who flips as mafia" role, which is kind of bastard and therefore perfectly in line with what i would expect from an rnp game, and i guess it makes sense to also go "hey i flip wolf" on d1 so you don't have to hastily go "uh, guys, i promise i'm town, i promise" if someone comes up with an investigative result later, but it just sits weird with me to go "hello, people who definitionally have the ability to kill the others in the game, i am your enemy!!!!" right off the bat. but also i... do not know what else you could do that would leave you in a vaguely-playable position for the rest of the game...??? ig i'm just glad i don't have the role lmfao.

idk it's too early in the game for this i haven't even made a d1 meme yet

the good news is that im like
a snitch
im like
technically self aligned
but mostly aligned with the family
last time i got something like this i got cop-checked non-town and killed 😔
the second-to-last time i got something like this i also got cop-checked non-town and killed 😔
my late night thoughts are that initially introducing yourself as "ok yea i'm mafia" is an absolutely WILD way to say "i'm self aligned"
tbh i do not understand the thought process here behind introducing yourself as mafia and then backtracking to go "ok yeah but i'm mostly town, BUT the last two times this happened to me i got killed because of inspections. wouldn't that suck if it happened here"
like it almost feels like they want us to go "ok we will yeet you today because you are mafia yay free yeet" or "ok the inspector should inspect you tonight and we'll see what you come up as so we can decide if we should yeet you tomorrow instead"
either way i don't like this LOL but i don't want to vote zori today in case they have a win condition that's like "get yeeted" e.g. alien

unknown.png

ok with the meme out of the way
either way i don't like this LOL but i don't want to vote zori today in case they have a win condition that's like "get yeeted" e.g. alien
i think this is a better conclusion/plan of action than my waffly "i guess????" poast - i think alien/other wincon role makes more sense for this outright "i'm mafia btw" thing than assuming zori is telling the truth rn. i'm not super confident in this conclusion because i feel like. wouldn't zori also be able to predict that we go "no this is too suspicious we are not going to yeet"...? but i think it's a better place to land for now than just going "i mean i guess???" ghsdjfngh.

okay, so, yeah, I see we have one relevant point of discussion so far (besides the death and flip -- rip stryke, someone has to die N0 but it sucks that you're now going early for the second recent game in a row)

anyway, what essentially amounts to "miller survivor" doesn't strike me as extremely out there as a role -- sure, it is two roles that people generally don't enjoy playing in one, but am I putting that past RNP? definitely not. plus, Zori is playing as Gym Leaders Choice Mafia, which also happens to be a game where RNP randed miller (and Zori randed third-party, too).
all of that said, though, yeah, miller claims are generally not to be taken at face value, least of all coming from Zori who, if I recall correctly, was typically pretty fond of this exact sort of risky gambit. now, I don't think this is a reverse-psychology attempt at getting us to lynch (least of all with "mafia can kill me and I'd lose" given as part of the narrative) -- if this is a lie, I think the clear incentive is "past games indicate I'm likely to be copped, and this would be outstandingly unfavourable now since I've randed snitch".

so on the one hand, I think lynching Zori today would not be a bad move; at best we catch a wolf, at worst we mislynch what's ostensibly not a particularly useful role for town anyway. on the other hand, though, what can I say, I can't help symphathizing just a touch with that "constantly lynched D1" woe- so I'm at the very least willing to wait and see a little longer today.

oh, and since I brought up flavor while discussing the claimed role, keep in mind:
Roles will be based on your choice of mafia game, though the explanations may be a bit... odd. The GM's brain works about as well as his car.

I thought about putting up a list of who choice'd what roles, but there's one up on the sign-up thread and that should be a lot easier to cross-reference than page 3 of this thread

(er, choice'd what flavors that is. although I'm not saying no if RNP also wants to put a list of everyone's roles in the sign-up thread as well. that would make this game pretty easy)

like it almost feels like they want us to go "ok we will yeet you today because you are mafia yay free yeet" or "ok the inspector should inspect you tonight and we'll see what you come up as so we can decide if we should yeet you tomorrow instead"
its like my previous games but speedrun skip the actual investigation portion 😲

plus, Zori is playing as Gym Leaders Choice Mafia, which also happens to be a game where RNP randed miller (and Zori randed third-party, too).
i was going to say "inb4 we all have roles or alignments based on what we were in the games we picked", but then i remembered i picked ooctvt and i do not have absolute omniscience in this game
also i don't know if everyone picked a game that they played in, but that's something i might do a little research on later

Back
Top Bottom