• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A different anime?

See, not being "targeted at little kids" does not mean you need to have splattering blood and sexual humour all over the place. The whole sentiment that being G-rated means a self-respecting adult somehow can't watch it irritates me. I wholeheartedly agree that the current Pokémon anime is awfully shallow and repetitive, but it would be every bit as much so if it were full of blood, sex and gore. That is quite simply not the problem. If the anime had some character depth and more interesting conflicts, I'd be perfectly happy; who gives a damn whether you can see the Pokémon bleed or if they're cracking sexual jokes every five seconds?

I really don't think she was suggesting anything on that scale, just that an anime could be produced with slightly more grown-up elements, one that can potentially be enjoyed by those who don't like the mundane kiddiness of the main anime.

Hm... I don't know. The kiddie audiance might go "OMG! NEW POKEMON SHO!!!111one" and go watch it, cry to their parents/ parents complain, the company get's yelled out etc. etc.
But I don't think we need it be aimed at a older audience, (it would be nice!) they just need to get more inspired story arcs. I mean, there are awesome game plots just waiting to be used!

Character development would be nice! They could also use the filler episodes to actually move the entire plot, instead of having nothing useful in between gym battles.

Back
Top Bottom