• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A different anime?

Right!

I'd still include some real violence and tragedy. The good guy doesn't always win!

And Team Rocket should finally catch Pikachu. And kill the little arsehole >=/

And I dunno if it's just the Meowth fan in me talking but I'd like Meowth to leave Team Rocket and either join the good guys or run a competent evil organisation himself. He's too awesome to just participate in crappy plot after crappy plot and get owned every single time.

I'd actually like James and Meowth to abandon Jesse. I dunno why they hang around her to be honest...have them both leave her and do something seperate. Bring back James' Growlithe too! ^_^

The only thing that annoys me is that ALL Meowth's now stand on two legs. It's like they can't draw them on four anymore, even in the games =s

The only thing that annoys me is that ALL Meowth's now stand on two legs. It's like they can't draw them on four anymore, even in the games =s

I prefer the bipedal Meowths actually =3 But then maybe that's because I'm used to them. I'm not sure I can remember ever seeing a Meowth on all fours...

That episode when Meowth returned to the city with the Persian and that other Meowth he was in love with. I think in Blue and Green they had four footed sprites. ^_^

Maybe characters from the other anime could appear, but in a different sense or as cameos. So Meowth and James could appear but instead of working for Team Rocket, James could simply be escaping from his parent's trapped lifestyle by rebelling with Meowth at his side.

I just noticed... I keep making all these suggestions and participating in this discussion in general, and I've seen maybe three episodes of the anime in the last five years... XD

Does everything really need to be that much Darker And Edgier? :/

Now, my idea of what I wish the Pokémon anime were like is something like the Raikou special. In just over one hour or so, it introduced us to three characters who had been on the road for a long time. They'd known each other since they were kids and had had plenty of time to develop their relationships. They had trusting relationships with their Pokémon, who had been their only company on their journeys. Most importantly, they felt like people who had dreams and aspirations and had been around long before we started watching, unlike Ash and company who felt like they popped into existence the day they first appeared in the show with some tacked-on backstory.

That's the kind of Pokémon anime I would want to see. I formulated a vision of how it would go: for each generation, it would star three new main characters, kids who pick one of each of the three starters of the region and then go their own separate ways. One of them is the primary character whom most of the episodes revolve around, but every now and then we see episodes that are snapshots of the others' journeys, with time gaps in between during which they've been on their merry way and maybe caught some Pokémon or battled some Gym leaders (the most important moments could be shown in flashbacks). Then every now and then, for special plot arcs, the characters would meet again, either two at a time or all three, and work together towards a common goal, probably derived from the plot of the games (e.g. for the G/S/C trainers, the Team Rocket takeover at the Radio Tower or the Lake of Rage plot).

There would be no bumbling Team Rocket squad appearing in every episode, but the rivals would have more of a role and appear more often, and the evil teams would work as a sinister organization with various members all over the place. Some of them would be recurring and get characterization, but they would show themselves to be real villains with some brains. I mean, they could be won over by the good guys in the end or something, but just make them realistically intelligent characters.

And speaking of characters, the main focus of it would be the characters - the trainers' growth with their Pokémon (because they would travel alone with the Pokémon as their main company, giving them more opportunity for development), the interactions between trainer and Pokémon and between the three trainers when they meet. Some character development for the villains as well. Filler episodes would focus on this kind of character development: have them encounter something that makes them think or strengthens their bond. Not that there should be that many complete filler episodes that could be cut out without affecting the story.

Anyway, eventually they get to the Pokémon League, where they participate and place somewhere sensibly considering their characters, and then head off to do something else. Cue the next generation, where three other trainers are setting off on their journeys - maybe the trainers from the previous generation get cameos or special episodes showing their progress at what they're doing now.

@ Butterfree: I want you to become the show's head writer. Now.

Seriously, that would be an epic improvement. They should bring back Pokemon Chronicles and use that format.

To Butterfree: Oh, I didn't mean that we wpie out the current format and over-ride it with something new o.o What I meant was that there be a seperate anime - so we still have the current one with Ash and co., and a seperate one for a slightly older audience or something ^_^'''' But I like your ideas on what to do with the series that are currently airing =)

Not darker, but I would like edgier. Like, if they kept the current format and kicked up the antics and humor to a far more mature level, I would pay to watch that.

But not darker, that would be bad as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and a bit more death. Not the HAHAHADIEFOOLZ but a death similar to Brigadier General Hughes(10 points and a cookie if you get it).

DON'T REMIND ME OF THAT MEMORY. >.<

Just enough so that it's not targeted at little kids anymore.

Now, my idea of what I wish the Pokémon anime were blah

Brilliant.

Now, if only they could make The Quest for the Legends into an anime... Hmmm...

Seriously, that would be an epic improvement. They should bring back Pokemon Chronicles and use that format.

Yeah, Now that was waaay better. Although, I actulally like Dark Shocktail's idea with the blood. I remember the closest thing to a scratch *also the last episode I watched evar* was in the the Gym Battle between Ash and Roark.
Pikachu was doing the spin thing, and it smashed right into Onix. They show a shot at him with a scorched side, and I was like, WTF, that's all?!
A direct hit.....and that's all.

See, not being "targeted at little kids" does not mean you need to have splattering blood and sexual humour all over the place. The whole sentiment that being G-rated means a self-respecting adult somehow can't watch it irritates me. I wholeheartedly agree that the current Pokémon anime is awfully shallow and repetitive, but it would be every bit as much so if it were full of blood, sex and gore. That is quite simply not the problem. If the anime had some character depth and more interesting conflicts, I'd be perfectly happy; who gives a damn whether you can see the Pokémon bleed or if they're cracking sexual jokes every five seconds?

I'm more of a pacifist, so yeah...

But the idea of bringing back Chronicles is a great idea. I hope Nintendo is reading this.

Anyways, they need to have more...things added. Like Pika might evolve. Or, even better, it starts evolving and stops in mid-evolution and has a Raichu tail and ears! :3 Anf it's called, "Pikarai"!

For a seperate anime, they should have it revolve around Casey. :D Or they should just simply bring back Pokemon Chronicles. The Chronicles always had much more original plots than the original anime, and I grew to like most of the side characters that were there (Namely Casey).

To Butterfree: Oh, I didn't mean that we wpie out the current format and over-ride it with something new o.o What I meant was that there be a seperate anime - so we still have the current one with Ash and co., and a seperate one for a slightly older audience or something ^_^'''' But I like your ideas on what to do with the series that are currently airing =)

Now, my idea of what I wish the Pokémon anime were like is something like the Raikou special. In just over one hour or so, it introduced us to three characters who had been on the road for a long time. They'd known each other since they were kids and had had plenty of time to develop their relationships. They had trusting relationships with their Pokémon, who had been their only company on their journeys. Most importantly, they felt like people who had dreams and aspirations and had been around long before we started watching, unlike Ash and company who felt like they popped into existence the day they first appeared in the show with some tacked-on backstory.

That's the kind of Pokémon anime I would want to see. I formulated a vision of how it would go: for each generation, it would star three new main characters, kids who pick one of each of the three starters of the region and then go their own separate ways. One of them is the primary character whom most of the episodes revolve around, but every now and then we see episodes that are snapshots of the others' journeys, with time gaps in between during which they've been on their merry way and maybe caught some Pokémon or battled some Gym leaders (the most important moments could be shown in flashbacks). Then every now and then, for special plot arcs, the characters would meet again, either two at a time or all three, and work together towards a common goal, probably derived from the plot of the games (e.g. for the G/S/C trainers, the Team Rocket takeover at the Radio Tower or the Lake of Rage plot).

There would be no bumbling Team Rocket squad appearing in every episode, but the rivals would have more of a role and appear more often, and the evil teams would work as a sinister organization with various members all over the place. Some of them would be recurring and get characterization, but they would show themselves to be real villains with some brains. I mean, they could be won over by the good guys in the end or something, but just make them realistically intelligent characters.

And speaking of characters, the main focus of it would be the characters - the trainers' growth with their Pokémon (because they would travel alone with the Pokémon as their main company, giving them more opportunity for development), the interactions between trainer and Pokémon and between the three trainers when they meet. Some character development for the villains as well. Filler episodes would focus on this kind of character development: have them encounter something that makes them think or strengthens their bond. Not that there should be that many complete filler episodes that could be cut out without affecting the story.

Anyway, eventually they get to the Pokémon League, where they participate and place somewhere sensibly considering their characters, and then head off to do something else. Cue the next generation, where three other trainers are setting off on their journeys - maybe the trainers from the previous generation get cameos or special episodes showing their progress at what they're doing now.

I could care less about the sexual humor and getting high off of Bayleef but with the current anime, they should stop making it so... stupid.

If Team Rocket is not in the scene then they are congratulating each other. I mean you give encouragement to your friends, but the way they do it, it's just horrible. Do you want to sit there and hear, "Thanks Dawn" and "Good Luck Ash" every 20 seconds? I think not.

And I've also noticed that the anime gets even more childish with every season. Have you heard the english theme song? It made my ears bleed.

But anyways, I like the idea of a new show along with the old show. Does anyone remember Yu-Gi-Oh GX? They sort of did that and everyone I knew was watching that show because it was just about life you know. Although whoever makes it messed it up by making it sort of start to redirect back to the regular Yu-Gi-Oh plot. When they started the Hoenn Chronicles, I sort of thought that it would just be May and Ash would show up periodically. To bad that didn't happen =(.

I'll post my ideas in a later post but that's my rant on everything that's wrong with the anime.

EDIT: Aw screw it. I'll do this now.

What I want to see in the Pokemon anime is some more action. I know they are trying to get the point across that the little guy can win, but come on! Do they have to make everything so freaking Americanized? I understand that they want to have it to the point that everyone can understand the culture, but when watching a subbed episode of the anime, it was 10 times better.

1) They actually used the old music!!

2) Their voices didn't sound like they were cheerful all the time

EDIT 2: Oh crap, I misunderstood the topic title. Sorry.

My Ideas: Take 2

First off, it takes place about 10 years in the future or at least sometime in the future. Ash and the gang are all broken up now and they have their own goals. Enter three trainers. One wants to be a Pokemon Master, one wants to be a Breeder, and one wants to be a coordinator. They all are from the same town but along their path they meet their counterparts (Ash, Dawn and Brock). Of course, it takes place in the future so alot of things have changed technology wise (I won't go in depth). The trainers just do their thing with some conflicts in the middle.

Plot 2: Everything takes place at a world renowned Pokemon school that tries to raise the top battlers. They have classes on battling and breeding and coordinating and practiaclly everything about Pokemon there. Enter the new kids who get to know each other and they all have different yet common goals. In the end they just do stuff at the school.

Plot 3: They are all training to become police officers and they fight crime.

These ideas played out better in my head but I forgot some of it. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom