• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A New Member Has Arrived - Pay Cuts Will Be Distributed Accordingly

Ninjabait

ROCKET HIPPO! FIGHTING BAD GUYS! CAUSING DAMAGES!
Caught your attention? Mission Accomplished.

Hello, my name is Umbreon-dana, which you can obviously tell from my user name.

I am a new user here, but I've had some good experience with [a] forums. I spend most of my time reading, playing Pokemon, drawing, spriting, talk-erm, typing on forums, and playing on ShoddyBattle.

I have an incredibly high IQ for my age, or that's what I've been told. I approach things philosophically and logically, and I enjoy algebra.

To be frank, I'm awful at introductions. So, I'll leave the rest of my indestructible ball of a personality for you to crack. I hope I'll enjoy my stay here, and that you'll enjoy me being here as well.

You seem rather intelligent. That's good! I assume you're on the younger side of the spectrum, which is also good, because that likely means you'll just end up smarter after a few months here.

Or more stupid, depending on who you chill with. But that's okay. Welcome to TCoD.

You're welcome to check out #tcod, too. Tell 'em I invited ya.

Thank you for the welcome, and let's hope the first three of your points prove to be correct, and the fourth incorrect.

I'm not much of a chat person myself. The reasoning behind it is quite complicated, though. But thank you for the offer.

Thank you for the welcome, I hope I continue to be decent.

Thank you for the offer.

Welcome~

Congratulations, being decent is something I can't...get.

Have a cat plushie!

*hands over cat plushie saying 201*

Thank you for the welcome, and the cat plushy. Even if I don't get the 201 thing.

I have an incredibly high IQ for my age, or that's what I've been told. I approach things philosophically and logically, and I enjoy algebra.

You seem like someone who knows what they are talking about. I hope you enjoy TCoD. I'm RandomTyphoon, as you can probably see, but feel welcome to call me RT. I am...actually not too well at these welcomes..:sweatdrop:

Yay, someone intelligent...

I'm Blastoise-the-also-reader-and-spriter-guy, and this *gestures wildly around* is the Cave of Dragonflies.

But you knew that already.

HIIII *flails arms wildly around waving like an idiot*

I'm Shadowstar. ^__^ I enjoy spriting and writing fan fic and RPing. I /sorta/ enjoy math... And I have an IQ of 115~ Be sure to drop by the Role Play board, there are plenty of RPs to RP in... Have fun and enjoy your stay! ;3

You seem like someone who knows what they are talking about. I hope you enjoy TCoD. I'm RandomTyphoon, as you can probably see, but feel welcome to call me RT. I am...actually not too well at these welcomes..:sweatdrop:

Thank you. You seem to have the hang of it.

Yay, someone intelligent...

I'm Blastoise-the-also-reader-and-spriter-guy, and this *gestures wildly around* is the Cave of Dragonflies.

But you knew that already.

From the sounds of it, you don't get many intelligent members. Of course, I could be wrong.

Yay, gesturing wildly.

Welcome. I am Flareth. You seem to be a good addition.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm not very good at welcoming people, but meh.

Welcome, then. :sweatdrop:

You seem to have the hang of it.

HIIII *flails arms wildly around waving like an idiot*

I'm Shadowstar. ^__^ I enjoy spriting and writing fan fic and RPing. I /sorta/ enjoy math... And I have an IQ of 115~ Be sure to drop by the Role Play board, there are plenty of RPs to RP in... Have fun and enjoy your stay! ;3

Not really an RP person either. Thank you for the offer though. Glad to see other people who enjoy math. My IQ is 137.

Thank you all for the plethora of welcomes. I'm surprised at the number of replies.

Hi, I'm Number 100. You seem to be a smart guy, so maybe we'll get along.

By the way, an intelligence quotient is simply a score on a test. It would be more appropriate to say you scored 137 on an IQ test than to say that your IQ is 137. I also refuse to believe that something as complex as the human capacity for learning and thinking can so easily be reduced to a number, but that's just me. And even if you accept IQ as a good measure of intelligence, it's rather fool-hardy to state that your IQ "is" 137 because it makes it seem like it's some sort of fixed quantity, like the color of your eyes (this is why you wouldn't say you don't say you got "blue" or "brown" on an eye-color test).

For what it's worth, I haven't taken an actual IQ test (the ones on the internet are hardly reliable), but my most recent SAT score (1950, reading+writing+math) is in the 91st percentile, which I guess is good (it's higher than most people of my age I know, including the top 10% of the graduating class and even the valedictorian), but I don't think an SAT result is a measure of intelligence, so I don't claim to be intelligent based on that.

Welcome to the forum...and have a nice time here. You seem, as said above, like someone who will grow to be liked. However, If you mess with my paycheck, may god have mercy on your soul. *Or not, if you have a religion that doesn't worship a god...or that god in particular...or if your an Atheist.*

Hi, I'm Number 100. You seem to be a smart guy, so maybe we'll get along.

By the way, an intelligence quotient is simply a score on a test. It would be more appropriate to say you scored 137 on an IQ test than to say that your IQ is 137. I also refuse to believe that something as complex as the human capacity for learning and thinking can so easily be reduced to a number, but that's just me. And even if you accept IQ as a good measure of intelligence, it's rather fool-hardy to state that your IQ "is" 137 because it makes it seem like it's some sort of fixed quantity, like the color of your eyes (this is why you wouldn't say you don't say you got "blue" or "brown" on an eye-color test).

For what it's worth, I haven't taken an actual IQ test (the ones on the internet are hardly reliable), but my most recent SAT score (1950, reading+writing+math) is in the 91st percentile, which I guess is good (it's higher than most people of my age I know, including the top 10% of the graduating class and even the valedictorian), but I don't think an SAT result is a measure of intelligence, so I don't claim to be intelligent based on that.

Thank you for the welcome.

I got 137 from an average of about twelve different tests I took, two of which were online. Perhaps "At the moment, according to an average of about twelve different tests rounded up to the nearest whole integer, my IQ is measured as 137" would be more appropriate?

In case you're wondering, I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I was trying to negotiate an alternative.

:(

My IQ is only in the 120~130 range.

That's not too bad. I'd say that's pretty good.

Welcome to the forum...and have a nice time here. You seem, as said above, like someone who will grow to be liked. However, If you mess with my paycheck, may god have mercy on your soul. *Or not, if you have a religion that doesn't worship a god...or that god in particular...or if your an Atheist.*

Thanks for the welcome.

Note to self, stay away from Animorph's paycheck.

Agnostic, actually. I believe in [one/more than one] supreme deit[y/ies], but I do not believe any of the religions to date have the exact god.

Why does it seem to me that everything I type makes me look like a smartass? Extremely strange...

Hey Umbreon-dana. Welcome to TCoD. Hope you enjoy your stay ^^ I don't often do introductions, and as such command you to feel honoured.

I'm Mike. You'll soon grow to loathe me as the weird guy who occasionally tries to be humourous but rarely is.

Hey Umbreon-dana. Welcome to TCoD. Hope you enjoy your stay ^^ I don't often do introductions, and as such command you to feel honoured.

I'm Mike. You'll soon grow to loathe me as the weird guy who occasionally tries to be humourous but rarely is.

Thank you for the welcome. I am most honored to receive it.

Meh, I'm that type of person as well, if you replace occasionally with rarely.

Back
Top Bottom