• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Alignment Mafia - Game Thread

Tbh you're not wrong, Indigo

Normally I would say we ought to at least try to pick up some sort of inconsistency or toneread that might make a yeet better than random chance, but there hasn't really been enough interaction to spot anything (imo), and with no N0 kill there isn't any public mechanical information at all. Besides, when there aren't actually any majority factions... I don't really know what we would be looking for anyway?

(Arguably, yeets based off tonereads are no better than random chance anyway, but ssh.)

Ok here's an idea
what if we just vote for people at complete random
then that way there's a 1 in 3 chance that we kill the mafia

not good odds since there is a 2 in 3 chance of mis-lynching a town, otherwise it would be a good idea
isn't it 1 in 3 for yeeting town

chaotic town / neutral town / lawful town
chaotic mafia / neutral mafia / lawful mafia
chaotic 3p / neutral 3p / lawful 3p

isn't it 1 in 3 for yeeting town

chaotic town / neutral town / lawful town
chaotic mafia / neutral mafia / lawful mafia
chaotic 3p / neutral 3p / lawful 3p
yeah! so actually, now i come to think of it, i guess a randyeet is already 50/50 to hit someone who doesn't share an alignment with you

feeling better and better about this strat.

as far as I can tell everyone is gonna share an alignment and thus one wincon with 4 other people
This is interesting. ZM, does this mean you have two wincons that are clearly directly linked to the two halves of your alignment?
this is also interesting because it implies that either (1) you only have one wincon or (2) your wincons are not directly linked to your alignment

as far as I can tell everyone is gonna share an alignment and thus one wincon with 4 other people
This is interesting. ZM, does this mean you have two wincons that are clearly directly linked to the two halves of your alignment?
yup, it's basically the normal wincons, eliminate (opposite alignment team 1) or eliminate (opposite alignment team 2). I'm going to assume it's the same for them, too.
the opportunities for alliances in this game could be crazy
this really makes me wonder what the neutral and 3p wincons are, though.

honestly i just like writing inb4 [weird concept] posts. please do not take any of them as Objective Truth but instead as Fun Speculation

Back
Top Bottom