• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

i mean, it’s like the first line of information under Play Advice if you look up the role, so i’m probably not going to worry too hard about where she figured it out if it’s actually the case
That requires her to know what the role is called, which... if she did, why didn't she just say it when claiming?

aaaaand this is why i shouldn’t make instinctive posts right after i wake up 😎 you’re totally right about that
nvm yeah he did
oh, my response there was more of an admission that i didn’t have the subsequent thought process that koko had, and should have thought harder before i hit Post :p

although i suppose the more important question here would be: is a miller something that emmy would conceive of fake claiming?
we have never seen wolf!emmy before so hard to make any judgments about that

but if she was wolf i think it's possible her teammates could have told her to fakeclaim that

hard to get a convincing read on that claim because it's plausible regardless of her alignment
I don't know about you guys but my role PM says the name of the role in it
so does mine! which is why I'm surprised that she described it instead of just saying "I am a miller"
also considering she's presumably never seen or heard of this role before she might think it's a super-obscure role we wouldn't know about, thus it would make sense to describe it
i can vibe with these conclusions tbh. probably not something i’m going to think too hard about for the rest of toDay, partially just bc i want to give emmy the benefit of the doubt as far as meatspace goes/want to hear more from her beforehand

yeah i think emmy speculation is something we can save for a later day, today we should resolve the blu situation though admittedly we're at a bit of a standstill until MP7 comes online

huh. i kind of don’t find the emmy post super weird for villa but maybe it’s because i imagine w!emmy panic vanishing

will be back later, must force myself to do work
-m

@Bluwiikoon , why did you decide to target MP7 on Night 0?
That was an interesting brain puzzle for me during n0! 😄 You all know I hold MP7 and her skills in high regard, so I envisioned the following scenarios:
  • I die because MP7 got targeted by maf, which is OK because she's stronger at playing this game than I am
  • The exceedingly unlikely possibility that MP7 is the Don and her night kill action gets stopped by my meddling 😲 Which is good to figure out, since again, she's pretty dang good at this game
  • Nothing happens and I see if the island tour affects how MP7 plays, and then pick another target N1 to see if I can make anything useful happen
Either way, I feel like my action will hopefully help to resolve her alignment in some way! Hopefully!

blu can you quote some of your crumbs for me?
I sure can! ^^

Incredibly good suggestion: We all adopt catchphrases like actual animal crossing villagers 😄

That'll never get annoying, feathers!
Birds have... feather!
I hardclaim Boomer because he is the cutest penguin and I am a cute penguin ^^

View attachment 683

Look at him!!! He's like a little pilot! ADORABLE

Anyway Boomer is my favourite villager (that isn't Patty) and I stan him and I am here for reckless self-positivity in my life :love:
Piloting is pretty relevant to Orville! Additionally, penguins are a flightless bird, like dodos.
The avian world mourns them :( A dark, blathers-less day
Bird word
I'm interested in seeing MP7 post too!!! She's a really strong player imo 😄
MP7 interest
MP7 I'm interested in how familiar you are with animal crossing! Does our speculation of Seshas/Blathers being an inspector make sense? In-game he inspects fossils and provides info about bugs or fish you show to him.
The crumbs may or may not make sense depending on if you know ACNH flavour, right? MP7 answered that she has a small amount of ACNH experience, so I tried my best!
Life was so easy when I rolled VT two games in a row!!! Now I have to actually try to be smart (a hard task for a vacant penguin like me) 😔
Flightless bird hours who up
I may have tried too hard to find things to talk to MP7 about 😔 I just think she's cool and smart!
This basically
Blu, what was it specifically you wanted me to comment on with respect to RSP/Stryke's roleclaim? I'm not really sure what to think about it.
Do you think it's fully plausible that he got roleblocked? I love RSP's tone but you also have a knack for noticing things that seem to fly over my head 😄
It's a plane joke!!
Never before has my life gone so rapidly downhill in the span of an hour 😰
If you are indeed town, there's still time. Show your townieness to me! I'd love to see it.
I can't show you a town, but I can show you a beautiful deserted island! 😄 That's how AC:NH works
It's an island tour joke!

^ can we frame this as one of tcodf's top most adorable posts?

I have thoughts but I also have no interest in backing them up whatsoever so I'll get Keldeo to tell you them later, or not if he doesn't feel like posting my random crap from hydra chat itt

it is much easier to get into spectator mode now that game has happened without me being around for it

I got too excited about having a role that does something and then tried too hard to be coy I think

I'll probably snooze some more but the good news is that the 23:00 UTC eod gives me plenty of time to not oversleep 😍 That was a struggle for 19:00 UTC for me!

Sure. In the abstract, if you're mafia and your partner posts something that is kind of untrue or wolfy knowing that they're wolf - in this case the time discrepancy between VM leaving thread and the movie starting - it's like... the kind of thing where you might wince or maybe walk it back a little bit rather than point it out with semi harsh wording. In other words if they're w/w RNP would be shining a spotlight on an actual weak point there. I think it's possible the calculus on the tone in particular changes because it's RNP, and it's a snap read based on a RVS interaction, but I like applying it lol.

Uh I just wanna claim that was my fault because I had to drug my new foster rabbit who has a maggot on her face, and then make popcorn, and then we waited for a few people to join the stream

(withholding name of new foster bunny in case we need to do more coded messages--oh wait)

I don't think breadcrumbing necessarily means you are being genuine. Mafia laying out a roleclaim from the start in order to cover their tracks later is something other people have done, so I don't think it necessarily lends credit either way. I might wager someone in the mafia would be concerned with laying down tracks for a roleclaim early, too. Also your icon is Eiscue so like why wouldn't you say penguin stuff. Just saying I don't really feel either way about it...?

Just posting saying I read up to this point and for now agree with my hydra waiting on MP7 okay thanks

- Fu

also yes i agree that the breadcrumbing isn’t really swaying me or moving the needle yet, though the island tour one seems a bit less throwaway maybe
-m

the island tour one seems a bit less throwaway maybe
worth mentioning that the island tour one (and indeed all of the last four, which IMO are the strongest of the bunch) only happened after MP7 started FoSing him

also they all referenced flavour rather than role

and I think someone said this already but if I had noticed the theme of penguin-mentioning running through his ISO, my first thought would be "oh cute he's lightly RPing his avatar" not "mmhm, this is clearly a coded message regarding the avian nature and flightlessness of his role flavour-"

I don't know why I still feel positive about him, everything he says is just making the case against him stronger and stronger

(sorry blu)

worth mentioning that the island tour one (and indeed all of the last four, which IMO are the strongest of the bunch) only happened after MP7 started FoSing him
yeah tbh. mmm ...
he's lightly RPing his avatar
that was me!

also i kind of remember him loosely talking about like, a really wide range of characters also, which might make this task a bit harder lol ...

-m

the island tour one seems a bit less throwaway maybe

also they all referenced flavour rather than role

and I think someone said this already but if I had noticed the theme of penguin-mentioning running through his ISO, my first thought would be "oh cute he's lightly RPing his avatar" not "mmhm, this is clearly a coded message regarding the avian nature and flightlessness of his role flavour-"

I don't know why I still feel positive about him, everything he says is just making the case against him stronger and stronger

(sorry blu)
i guess a possible explanation could be that blu decided to jack up his softclaims as a response to mp7 being in the thread in the first place, and not the FoS? as i remember it the FoS happened very soon after mp7 came in thread, and the way blu talked about it made it seem at least to me like his softclaims were meant specifically for mp7 to understand? so if i were blu and i targeted mp7, i would get excited when mp7 showed up bc i could softclaim in a way that they would understand given my night action

doesn’t explain why the priority of flavor over role but that would line up with the mentality of someone who has received a PR for the first time and is scared that talking about his role will get him killed?

just sorta stream of consciousness posting here bc i still want to believe blu / still can see a very probable line where blu is town and posts the way he does

Back
Top Bottom