• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

bc i still want to believe blu
why?
-m
2 reasons!

the first, and much more logical reason, is: if w!blu is going to claim a jailer-adjacent role, why would he include the stipulation that his target is notified? i can think of 3 possibilities: a) blu is gambling on mp7 not being in thread before EoD, b) blu is going to claim that he was roleblocked, or c) blu/mp7 w/w. long story short, i really don’t vibe with any of those possibilities, so i want to believe that blu claiming that mp7 was notified comes from a genuine place

the second, and much more subjective, reason is just on a matter of empathy 😅 blu and i both randed into VT in both cats and snom, and if i had randed a town PR instead of wolf in Tarot, i could easily see myself also trying to be overly coy about my role and accidentally coming across poorly for it, so i think blu’s defense just sits in a better place for me than it might for other people

also i want to keep him around!

I'm a role that will always be read as mafia and i'm a vanilla townie. I'm not just pretending so my mafia cover won't be blown. Bye!
Hi Emmy! Would you mind answering a couple of questions if you have time?
1) Does your role PM say what the name of your role is? If so, what is it?
2) Can you tell us which Animal Crossing character you are?

I'm a role that will always be read as mafia and i'm a vanilla townie. I'm not just pretending so my mafia cover won't be blown. Bye!
Hi Emmy! Would you mind answering a couple of questions if you have time?
1) Does your role PM say what the name of your role is? If so, what is it?
2) Can you tell us which Animal Crossing character you are?

I'm an outsider.

I'm label. One of the abel sisters i assume.

MafiaScum Wiki said:
A Miller (sometimes called an Outsider) is a role or role modifier such that the player passively returns an unfavorable result (i.e. Guilty) if investigated by a Cop.

interesting that Herbe would use that name, but I don't know enough about what terminology Herbe is most familiar with wrt miller

I'm an outsider.
IMO this might not quite be miller from the name. I've seen some roles that are similar in name (but can't remember them right at the moment, just woke up), but the general gist is that the role outgroup who appear as innocent on inspection, sometimes with the ability to be converted to a full mafia member who is then viewed as mafia upon inspection

the first, and much more logical reason, is: if w!blu is going to claim a jailer-adjacent role, why would he include the stipulation that his target is notified? i can think of 3 possibilities: a) blu is gambling on mp7 not being in thread before EoD, b) blu is going to claim that he was roleblocked, or c) blu/mp7 w/w. long story short, i really don’t vibe with any of those possibilities, so i want to believe that blu claiming that mp7 was notified comes from a genuine place
this is a pretty good point. kind of what I was getting at when I said earlier that "presumably blu believes MP7 will corroborate his story, although who that's AI on is anyone's guess" (or something like that)

I don't think Blu/MP7 being w/w (at least not both ingroup) is likely, just because of how quickly, early and vociferously MP7 pushed on Blu.

I could maybe see outgroup Blu trying to snakewhistle to his ingroup contact MP7. the fakeclaim would be blatant and obvious to MP7, who would instantly figure out what was going on... But then why would Blu not offer his fakeclaim immediately when MP7 arrived in the thread?

so I agree with you that it's reasonable to conclude Blu's role is as he described it, and MP7 is almost certainly going to come into the thread and confirm having been targeted. I don't agree that that necessarily clears him as town tho

I'm an outsider.
IMO this might not quite be miller from the name. I've seen some roles that are similar in name (but can't remember them right at the moment, just woke up), but the general gist is that the role outgroup who appear as innocent on inspection, sometimes with the ability to be converted to a full mafia member who is then viewed as mafia upon inspection
i did not read the rest of the posts before posting this and seeing that miller is also called outsider

Back
Top Bottom