• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Most of what I've done so far is to try and straighten out some of my rivers a bit so I can actually build bridges, and I also flattened a cliff area so that I can maybe move some houses over there without needing to build another incline. It took a couple hours already!!

I'm currently trying to design my island by painting over a picture of my map, so that I don't invest hundreds of thousands of bells into placing stuff and then deciding I don't like it!

Screenshot_2020-05-09_16-12-32.png

So as a result, I currently have this as my mockup. I don't know what else to put in the ??? section other than the shops and museum. Maybe more trees and flowers? Or a little lake? It does give me a nice little "main square" area that can be reached down from the residential zone in the upper right. (The little brown specks next to the villager houses are meant to be their personal little yard areas. I wanna make nice little yards for all their houses ^^)

Designing is haaaaaaaaaaard

If only I wasn't in brain hell when the signups were up!

Still, there's always a next time :D
last thing about mafia: bluwiikoon, you do know I'm hosting an animal crossing new horizons themed mafia soon(ish?) we have 3 more spots left if you wanna sign up :O

I don't feel like spending the money to move my houses tbh :/

My main attractions right now are my orchard, my graveyard, a bamboo wall with panda plushies, and a carnival-type area that I'm trying to make. I haven't really been using my inclines much :///

If only I wasn't in brain hell when the signups were up!

Still, there's always a next time :D
last thing about mafia: bluwiikoon, you do know I'm hosting an animal crossing new horizons themed mafia soon(ish?) we have 3 more spots left if you wanna sign up :O
:O !!!!!! Omg I gotta go sign up!!! Heck!!

Tbh I feel like if everyone does the same impressive-looking stuff with their terraforming and paths, they all become kind of samey? I think whatever you do with yours, even if it's not super terraformed or w/e, it'll be good because it has your own unique touch. :D

I don't feel like spending the money to move my houses tbh :/
I have two that are separate from All The Rest due to being my initial two villagers, and if I'm gonna move two then I may as well move them all to where I want them ;-; Plus my current neighborhood section was designed for efficiency and so there's no space for me to make yards for each villager!

(hopefully I can make bank on turnips this coming week tbh)

Tbh I feel like if everyone does the same impressive-looking stuff with their terraforming and paths, they all become kind of samey? I think whatever you do with yours, even if it's not super terraformed or w/e, it'll be good because it has your own unique touch. :D
That's true! I've visited a bunch of super terraformed islands and some of them do feel pretty samey. I was thinking of adding a cute little moon-shaped lake to mine, though, I've seen that in a couple people's islands and it would fit with the name of my island :)

I just started playing again this week, for the Thanksgiving event. I somehow managed to completely miss it in New Leaf, so this is my first time seeing the Thanksgiving furniture series. I really like the aesthetic, it fits really well with the winter-themed room I'm planning! And the new spring variation is interesting too.

I also grew my first purple chrysanthemums, which I think is an achievement. :D

Anyone else still playing / recently started playing again?

i'm still playing here and there! recently we got back into it for the maple leaf things (we started playing during the cherry blossom event, so running around trying to catch colorful leaf-like things is kinda nostalgic for us lmao?) and now there are MUSHROOMS and PUMPKINS and there was an EVENT. we did the entire thanksgiving event super last-minute in two hours or so for both of our accounts! thank fuck for the villagers that trade you things, we could not find a single god damn mussel. (we did find two... what's it... venus flower baskets, or something? those fuckers swim so fast.)

a friend gave us blue and purple roses a while back, so we have one of every color of flower on our island now! that was our initial goal, so after hitting it we took a pretty long break. right now we're trying to move rocks - the past few days have been really frustrating because we would wake up and check the island to see that we didn't path over some spot where it could spawn and have to wait another day. >:( hopefully tomorrow things will start showing up in the right spots. after that i want some More purple roses (it will not clone itself, damn it) and there's a few more really open areas on the island i want to decorate. right now we have a sort of extra plaza, an outdoor bathing/pool area, outdoor library/reading area, a playground, misc seating areas, and some orchards.

we've also been thinking about what villagers we want to have! right now we have midge, moe, knox, mott, wolfgang, daisy, pippy, eugene, and o'hare. ursala showed up at the campsite yesterday and kicked t-bone out. we kiiinda don't know if we want o'hare on the island, and eugene is a maybe, but then we won't have all the personalities, so. :< actually i don't know if we have all the personalities anyway.

and it's getting to be winter here so it's started snowing on our island! the ables' had sweaters today which i was very grateful for. i felt bad making my villager run around in shorts and tshirts. goes to show you should buy cute clothes for all seasons.

uhh this post got really long. we like animal crossing :D

I get so overwhelmed trying to figure out how I want my island to look and then actually executing on the designs I come up with. I end up needing to take multiple breaks from the game because I get too stressed. I love my villagers, though, and I feel bad leaving them alone for so long. I love snow so I'll probably start playing again in a week or two.

I’ve been playing since day one, and I’ve been really enjoying ACNH. I feel the game has some quality of life issues, and there’s a bunch of furniture sets from previous games that I’d love to see make a return, but overall I’m pretty impressed, especially with the outdoor customisation.

My island is called “Veronica” (after the street I grew up in) and my residents are Goose, Marina, Blanche, Fang, Marshal, Ruby, Beau, Reneigh, Maple, and Butch. I love all these villagers and don’t plan on ever changing them.

I went for a natural, heavily-wooded forest theme for my island. If anyone would like to visit, my island’s Dream Address is DA-6933-8979-4851.

Feel free to post your Dream Addresses, I love visiting other peoples’ islands!

Back
Top Bottom